Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 01:35 PM

29 posts, read 38,226 times

Advertisements

Wow lots of guy bashing in here. Guys don't just have women friends hoping to sleep with them. Some of us actually enjoy having genuine friendships with women.

And to answer the OP's question, even though I'm not a women, I'll echo a few of the other posters in saying that the friend zone is generally speaking overly talked about nonsense.

While it is true that some women won't date their friends because either they think it's awkward or they value the friendship a lot and fear it ending in the event of a breakup (and I think these minority cases is where most of the discussion of the friend zone comes from and hence the fear by some men of becoming too close friends with a women they have any romantic interest in or forsee any possible future interest in), I'd wager the vast majority of cases where a guy is forever in the "friend zone" are simply cases where the guy fails to meet the higher expectations and standards the women would place on him for a romantic relationship and thus she decides he's only her friend and probably will ever only be her friend. She simply isn't interested in dating him because he's just not boyfriend material to her, not because he's her friend.

A lot of guys fail to understand this-probably thinking too highly of themselves-and make up terms like the friendzone to create fanciful reasons why the women doesn't want him (i.e. because he's too good friends with her) in order to make him feel better about himself instead of addressing the real answer which is just that she's not that into you. Suck it up and enjoy a platonic relationship with her or move on. Better yourself so you can attract more mates. And don't listen to bs advice by a bunch of ignorants suggesting you ought never to be friends with a women because then you'll be stuck in the "friend zone."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2011, 02:28 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,746,839 times
It is quite possible to friends with a woman. Easier now than it was years ago. Sometimes it's not easy, though. You have this really sweet, kind gallant guy, and you know he would do anything for you. Some less honorable types will allow the adoration and favors and gifts and what-have-you, full well knowing he could never be more than a friend. This, in my opinion is bad ju-ju and unless you are fond of spiritual and moral boomerang occurrences approaching you head like guided missles, I would say avoid this kind of cruel game playing. If both of you agree you are friends, then..don't allow him to treat you like a girlfriend (paying for all the activities, meals, etc.)Friends go dutch for meals out and various things the two of you do together.

Old 04-12-2011, 02:54 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,993,964 times
This platonic friendzone only applies to nice men or good men. When you're a low life scumbag like me, you get rejected in its entirety.

I'm a love/hate kinda guy. It's a whole lot easier that way. I don't even give women the chance to be-friend before rejecting me. To be honest, if we're friends, then I don't find you remotely attractive, or you're probably dating or have dated a close male friend of mine.

Old 04-12-2011, 03:00 PM

16,955 posts, read 16,815,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
This platonic friendzone only applies to nice men or good men. When you're a low life scumbag like me, you get rejected in its entirety.

I'm a love/hate kinda guy. It's a whole lot easier that way. I don't even give women the chance to be-friend before rejecting me. To be honest, if we're friends, then I don't find you remotely attractive, or you're probably dating or have dated a close male friend of mine.
How do you get sex then ?

Old 04-12-2011, 03:01 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,993,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
How do you get sex then ?
Not all girls/women reject me. It's just that when they do, it's usually more than a romantic rejection.

Old 04-12-2011, 03:05 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,201,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
However you call it, there ain't a way out of there as our dear Hurricane, for instance, finally started to realize after not being willing to listen to ol' Sierra...

Some wouldn't; many would.
someoen tagged you two somewhere along the line, right?

Old 04-12-2011, 03:35 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,053,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I understand it's hard to type with those pads at the end of your fingers.
They're HUGE! Amongst other things, it's difficult for me to type with them!

Old 04-12-2011, 04:20 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,610,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
What makes you put a guy in a 'Friend-Zone' and why?
Guys & girls alike don't get put in the friend zone, they put themselves there. This phenomenom occurs when one has a romantic interest in someone who doesn't share the same feelings. While both parties like hanging out, or whatever, the one with romantic interest will carry a torch in hopes the other will come around, therefore locking theirself in a friend zone rather than losing the other person all together.
Wow! Sometimes I'm so full of s*** I almost believe it myself!!

Old 04-12-2011, 04:46 PM

328 posts, read 604,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Hahaha! Well basically, that's what I said. If someone doesn't find you appealing, then they won't want to be anything more than friends. It's not a "zone" though...where you get moved in and out of it. Some guys just don't know how to read the signs. I don't agree that men would f*** anything though. I mean, not ALL men.
I will.

Old 04-12-2011, 04:59 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,329,099 times
All guys initially go into my friend zone... then they have to climb their way out of it if they want to, though most either don't want to or fail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships