Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 05:05 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,266,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Guys & girls alike don't get put in the friend zone, they put themselves there. This phenomenom occurs when one has a romantic interest in someone who doesn't share the same feelings. While both parties like hanging out, or whatever, the one with romantic interest will carry a torch in hopes the other will come around, therefore locking theirself in a friend zone rather than losing the other person all together.
Wow! Sometimes I'm so full of s*** I almost believe it myself!!
I'm not gonna argue about that at all ^^ , but you're speaking the truth nevertheless. I think we women have more pride. It's rare to see a woman drooling over some guy and hanging around being his "friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2011, 05:19 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,426,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
What makes you put a guy in a 'Friend-Zone' and why?
Probably the same thing that make you put someone in the Friend Zone.

You can't manufacture attraction at will.

Old 04-12-2011, 05:20 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,805,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Guys & girls alike don't get put in the friend zone, they put themselves there. This phenomenom occurs when one has a romantic interest in someone who doesn't share the same feelings. While both parties like hanging out, or whatever, the one with romantic interest will carry a torch in hopes the other will come around, therefore locking theirself in a friend zone rather than losing the other person all together.
Wow! Sometimes I'm so full of s*** I almost believe it myself!!
Not really. Most women know, if a guys is gonna get laid. Now, while on the date you begin to show signs of being a jerk, then the night is over.

Ladies, have you ever been on a date and the conversation has taken a wrong turn. He's attractive, so you may give him more time to stop. To yourself, you stop. Damn, please stop now. If you ... That did it. Nope, none for you.

Friend zone.

Old 04-12-2011, 05:22 PM

8 posts, read 12,968 times
Personally I believe women know within the first few minutes if not seconds whether she wants to sleep with a man. Those she does gets put in the "I'm gonna seduce them then sleep with them pile" whereas those whom she has no interest in gets put in the "I'm gonna seduce them then NOT sleep with them pile".

Women want men to want them whether or not they want those men. I think they have this overwhelming need to compete with each other to see who is the most sexually desirable. The more men who want them the more their egos and identities get stroked.

Thank gawd I married a tomboy who grew up thinking she doesn't look hot when she does. Those are the best of both worlds, you get the honest straight-talking (that you do from a fellow man) but in an uber-woman's body. I'm one lucky SOB. =P

Old 04-12-2011, 05:28 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,266,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
Ladies, have you ever been on a date and the conversation has taken a wrong turn. He's attractive, so you may give him more time to stop. To yourself, you stop. Damn, please stop now. If you ... That did it. Nope, none for you.
I did have one warm body who was very likely to get lucky had he not opened his mouth! At all!

Old 04-12-2011, 05:35 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,805,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I did have one warm body who was very likely to get lucky had he not opened his mouth! At all!
Yep. Sierra, spend your time getting sexy for the date. You stop talking you gonna get laid tonight. Damn, he's so attractive. That did it.

Old 04-12-2011, 05:37 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,714,292 times
yep Sierra is right, it's unescapable. It's like the event horizon of a black hole... once you're past it, there's no getting out, you're stretched into spaghetti and obliterated.

Sierra, she's told me now (since I'm her friend ) that she's simply not ready to date anybody, since some guy tried making moves on her.

i'd say something here like "brb, gonna throw back a few shots" but there's nothing in this house :|

Old 04-12-2011, 05:38 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,031,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
Not really. Most women know, if a guys is gonna get laid. Now, while on the date you begin to show signs of being a jerk, then the night is over.

Friend zone.
That must be a quality I have, I've never been a jerk to my dates.

There's always conversation, but, typically I try to make it light-hearted, or have lots of humor in them. I'll admit though, that sometimes I don't know when I should stop talking, and I typically catch myself when the woman looks like she's getting bored. I think that's the worst thing that could happen for me, a woman who gets bored on my date.

Old 04-12-2011, 06:43 PM

37,722 posts, read 46,165,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
It doesnt always work out that way. In some cases you are right, the guy was never going to be seen as more than a friend. In a different scenario, if you have ever dumped someone and they wanted to stay in the relationship and you remained friends with them you put them in the friend zone, the feelings you had for them WERE real at one point but no longer. The term seems to only confuse you.
Ah....no. It doesn't confuse me, because I understand that it's a pointless term. What's the point? If you no longer have feelings for someone and now just wish to remain friends....well...umm....that means you no longer have feelings for them...and you want to be friends. Geez. It's not rocket science.

Old 04-12-2011, 06:46 PM

37,722 posts, read 46,165,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan View Post
the vast majority of cases where a guy is forever in the "friend zone" are simply cases where the guy fails to meet the higher expectations and standards the women would place on him for a romantic relationship and thus she decides he's only her friend and probably will ever only be her friend. She simply isn't interested in dating him because he's just not boyfriend material to her, not because he's her friend.

A lot of guys fail to understand this-probably thinking too highly of themselves-and make up terms like the friendzone to create fanciful reasons why the women doesn't want him (i.e. because he's too good friends with her) in order to make him feel better about himself instead of addressing the real answer which is just that she's not that into you. Suck it up and enjoy a platonic relationship with her or move on. Better yourself so you can attract more mates. And don't listen to bs advice by a bunch of ignorants suggesting you ought never to be friends with a women because then you'll be stuck in the "friend zone."
You got it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships