Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 05:54 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,825,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
Some men always think a woman wants him.

Hey, have you heard the new "Prince" song. OMGosh, she wants me.

Maybe she was sharing music.

Buddy, please. What's the song.
Um, I'm not a "buddy." Maybe she was sharing music but it was the way it was done that made me wonder--she really wanted me to hear that particular song and the song was "You don't know me." One thing I wonder though--if she was hitting on me, what kind of vibes have I been sending out that would make her think it was safe to do so? Anyway, the point of this post was not to tell the world that wow, someone wants me as to wonder how to handle it if she does? I would never embarrass someone but I myself am embarrassed and I certainly won't be telling anyone at work about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 07:04 PM

7,371 posts, read 16,038,654 times
OK, not the T.I version of that song title. Can't print here without getting banned.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:07 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,401,447 times
Maybe she was just trying to cheer you up...Either way, just act like nothing happened.

BTW, glanced at your profile, did anyone ever tell you that you look like Meryl Streep?

Old 04-13-2011, 09:52 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,825,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Maybe she was just trying to cheer you up...Either way, just act like nothing happened.

BTW, glanced at your profile, did anyone ever tell you that you look like Meryl Streep?
LOL, all the time but it's the pic I think b/c I don't get told that very often IRL. Yeah, I agree--playing dumb is the best option I think. I've done it before.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:07 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,110,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Sometimes (most of the time) a song is just a song.
Had the song been "My Neck, My Back", I'm sure it would have been more than just a song.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:52 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,418,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vanderburgh View Post
Had the song been "My Neck, My Back", I'm sure it would have been more than just a song.

ahahaha...x rated!! I can't believe anyone would remember that song! I was a small child when it came out.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:45 AM

4,271 posts, read 8,187,056 times
Maybe it was a come on.....

To save embarrassment for all involved, though... feign ignorance towards it.

If she tries to push it, tell her you are not interested.

If she never mentions it, she got the hint, or, wasn't really interested to begin with.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:05 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,455,683 times
Who's the singer?

Just let her know that you don't swing that way.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:20 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,803,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Um, I'm not a "buddy." Maybe she was sharing music but it was the way it was done that made me wonder--she really wanted me to hear that particular song and the song was "You don't know me." One thing I wonder though--if she was hitting on me, what kind of vibes have I been sending out that would make her think it was safe to do so? Anyway, the point of this post was not to tell the world that wow, someone wants me as to wonder how to handle it if she does? I would never embarrass someone but I myself am embarrassed and I certainly won't be telling anyone at work about it.
Did you say your age? There wasn't a vibe. Single people talk/flirt with single people. I thought that was the formula.

She's a single woman and may have saw something she liked in you...if she's flirting. Like I said, some men assume women want them. She touches your back or shoulder...she wants me or I can bang her, if I want.

Maybe she wants you or maybe not. You are worked up over nothing. Has she said anything? Is she flirting with you? Is she talking within your space? Unwanted touching?

There's a guy on my job. He's a very close talker. I thought he was flirting. On further investigation, he's a close talker to everyone. You know what I said to myself. Oh, my bad.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:22 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,803,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vanderburgh View Post
Nope, "I want your sex". Clear and straight forward message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships