Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 05:16 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,108,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
yes
Have you asked her if she's experiencing the same challenges as you are?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 05:46 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,811,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vanderburgh View Post
Have you asked her if she's experiencing the same challenges as you are?
No, we never have time to talk, but I suspect that she prefers men but is curious or maybe bi. IDK, but my girls tell me I have a terrible gaydar, lol.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
No, we never have time to talk, but I suspect that she prefers men but is curious or maybe bi. IDK, but my girls tell me I have a terrible gaydar, lol.
So you never have time to talk, but you think she's coming on to you? Is that a typical M.O. for a les-bi?

Old 04-14-2011, 09:39 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,477,984 times
Quote:
Um, I'm not a "buddy." Maybe she was sharing music but it was the way it was done that made me wonder--she really wanted me to hear that particular song and the song was "You don't know me." One thing I wonder though--if she was hitting on me, what kind of vibes have I been sending out that would make her think it was safe to do so? Anyway, the point of this post was not to tell the world that wow, someone wants me as to wonder how to handle it if she does? I would never embarrass someone but I myself am embarrassed and I certainly won't be telling anyone at work about it.
Really, you really think another women at your job is hitting on you? What is wrong with people that someone can't share a song without it being made into something sexual?

Have you ever heard and seen what the ladies on MySpace and fb send each other? And I don't think most of them are lesbians. They're just sharing music or talking crap or asking you to be their friend.

I wouldn't even have thought on that level that another woman wanted me just because they sent me a sexy song thru fb. Now, if she sent me a sexy song while trying to play with my hair while telling me about the song. Ok, she's got the hots for me.

Other then that, it was another teacher loving a song and wanting to share. End of story.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:43 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,477,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Maybe she was just trying to cheer you up...Either way, just act like nothing happened.

BTW, glanced at your profile, did anyone ever tell you that you look like Meryl Streep?
Oh, yeah, you do look like Meryl Streep.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vanderburgh View Post
So you never have time to talk, but you think she's coming on to you? Is that a typical M.O. for a les-bi?
Honestly I would not know--I have so little experience with it, but my gay dd thinks she def is coming on. It was the way that she was so insistent that I hear the song and how she posted that made me think something was up. And also I played dumb and posted a song up too and today she was playing it loudly when I got to class. It was, unusual.

OK, got a question for you guys--if I look like Meryl, why can't I get a date with a nice man?

Old 04-14-2011, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Honestly I would not know--I have so little experience with it, but my gay dd thinks she def is coming on. It was the way that she was so insistent that I hear the song and how she posted that made me think something was up. And also I played dumb and posted a song up too and today she was playing it loudly when I got to class. It was, unusual.

OK, got a question for you guys--if I look like Meryl, why can't I get a date with a nice man?
Invite her out for drinks and note her reaction.

Old 04-15-2011, 06:42 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,202,868 times
Quote:
if I look like Meryl, why can't I get a date with a nice man?
You do look Meryl, but it doesn't matter. Marilyn Monroe was the sexiest woman of her time. Was her life happy and stable...? No.

Btw, I got curios about Meryl's romantic life because I didn't know anything about it as she's quite private. Turns out she had a fiance who died in March 1978. She married her husband in September 1978. We all would say that such a relationship was a rebound, happened during such a vulnerable time in her life, etc., etc., and it wouldn't work out. Well, it did! It's a crapshoot. Of course, as you can see, the guy doesn't have a whole lot of hair left on his head and is probably a lot heavier than when she signed up for him, but she didn't leave him as many on our dear forum plan to do!

Meryl Streep and Don Gummer Marriage Profile

Old 04-15-2011, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You do look Meryl, but it doesn't matter. Marilyn Monroe was the sexiest woman of her time. Was her life happy and stable...? No.

Btw, I got curios about Meryl's romantic life because I didn't know anything about it as she's quite private. Turns out she had a fiance who died in March 1978. She married her husband in September 1978. We all would say that such a relationship was a rebound, happened during such a vulnerable time in her life, etc., etc., and it wouldn't work out. Well, it did! It's a crapshoot. Of course, as you can see, the guy doesn't have a whole lot of hair left on his head and is probably a lot heavier than when she signed up for him, but she didn't leave him as many on our dear forum plan to do!

Meryl Streep and Don Gummer Marriage Profile
That's interesting Sierra and thanks for that. I must say that I love Meryl Streep and if I'm going to look like someone famous I'm glad it's someone I admire and respect. But I don't really look like her I don't think--it's just the angle of the picture--every now and then someone will pick up on it and go on about how much I look like her but I've probably had 25 people say that about the picture. And then right after about 10 people said it, a man on a coffee date went on and on about how much I look like Paula Poundstone. (And I've never thought she was remotely attractive.) You win some, you lose some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships