Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 03:23 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,819,494 times

Advertisements

I work in a classroom with a teacher who is a very attractive woman of about my age. We hit it off immediately and talk when we can, which isn't easy since it's a big class and she's teaching. We became facebook friends recently and last week she saw I was really stressed and came over and told me that she posted a song on her FB page that she really wanted me to hear. I forgot about it for a couple of days since it was on her page and not mine, but she reminded me and I listened to it and The lyrics are like the sort of thing a man would want you to hear if he likes you like "that." I posted on her wall that I really like that singer and left it at that, but now I'm really embarrassed b/c I'm not interested in dating women and not to mention co-workers. I'm in there every day with my kiddos too. I think I'm just going to pull my dumb blonde act but it will still be weird. I've recently found that I'm quite popular with 90 yo men, bi-curious women, and married men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 03:26 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,806,572 times
Hey, look at it this way, it's nice to be wanted LOLOLOL

Old 04-13-2011, 03:37 PM

420 posts, read 878,651 times
However inappropriate it may seem, those three groups, who obviously dont fit your criteria, all have one thing in common: They are human beings who get horny. Just politely let your switch- hitting friend know in your own words, that you dont 'get down' like that.

Old 04-13-2011, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegotsoul831 View Post
However inappropriate it may seem, those three groups, who obviously dont fit your criteria, all have one thing in common: They are human beings who get horny. Just politely let your switch- hitting friend know in your own words, that you dont 'get down' like that.
Well I have wondered if 90 yo men can still do that.

Hey, you wouldn't actually be suggesting that I might be shallow for excluding those 3 groups from my list of dating possibilities would you?

Old 04-13-2011, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Hey, look at it this way, it's nice to be wanted LOLOLOL
Yah, it's nice to be wanted.

Old 04-13-2011, 04:12 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,069,197 times
There was no way for her to know unless she tried.

Since you didn't react in a way that would let her know you're interested in being with her, that should be all you need to do. I'm sure she got the hint.

If not and she keeps trying, then it would be appropriate to let her know you're straight.

Old 04-13-2011, 04:15 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,225,886 times
Sometimes (most of the time) a song is just a song.

Old 04-13-2011, 05:29 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,802,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I work in a classroom with a teacher who is a very attractive woman of about my age. We hit it off immediately and talk when we can, which isn't easy since it's a big class and she's teaching. We became facebook friends recently and last week she saw I was really stressed and came over and told me that she posted a song on her FB page that she really wanted me to hear. I forgot about it for a couple of days since it was on her page and not mine, but she reminded me and I listened to it and The lyrics are like the sort of thing a man would want you to hear if he likes you like "that." I posted on her wall that I really like that singer and left it at that, but now I'm really embarrassed b/c I'm not interested in dating women and not to mention co-workers. I'm in there every day with my kiddos too. I think I'm just going to pull my dumb blonde act but it will still be weird. I've recently found that I'm quite popular with 90 yo men, bi-curious women, and married men.
Some men always think a woman wants him.

Hey, have you heard the new "Prince" song. OMGosh, she wants me.

Maybe she was sharing music.

Buddy, please. What's the song.

Old 04-13-2011, 05:40 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,017,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
Some men always think a woman wants him.

Hey, have you heard the new "Prince" song. OMGosh, she wants me.

Maybe she was sharing music.

Buddy, please. What's the song.
I haven't had the thought "Somebody wants me" in quite a while.

But I know if someone becomes interested in me, I'll have them wanting me!

Old 04-13-2011, 05:49 PM

7,371 posts, read 16,032,967 times
What was the song?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships