Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 12:20 AM

55 posts, read 100,419 times

Advertisements

Hello i wanted to come on here and ask for some advice. I have been having problems approachng women. I see them in tue store and in the mall and they are so beautiful but i have no idea what to say to them! When i finally do talk to several women it never fails, the one that im so not interested in starts hitting on me! It happens every single time. I am sick of it. When this happens the girl i am interested in kinda backs off. It gets so annoying. Ik just not interested! Then when i do get a pretty girl either she is cheating on her boyfriend with me or she has low self.esteem. Another problem i have had when i am talking to a womam is that anytime i am talking to an attractive female, someone always has to come amd try to f-it up! This could be a friend or even a stranger! Its happened alot as well. Before it was even my former boss and i would be ticked off but i never said anything back, just kinda ignored it

When it comes to me, im hispanic, 5 11 musclar build. I could stand to lose some weight but ive even seen humongous guys with little skinny girls amd im like seriously? On top of that when i tell people im single they will tell me im good looking and then ask me why am i single like i should be able to get anyone! I wish! Is there any hope for me? Or am i doomed to be witu an unattractive person forever?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2011, 12:51 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,178,849 times
Directed towards the OP...

lol..seems to be alot of distractions and "**** blocking" going on..

I am assuming that by the scenarios that your Modus operandi has been to approach a crowd of women..? Thats mistake number one..

WHEN you do this you are basically "up for grabs" you belong to noone..It is up to the friend that "likes" you the most or the most "Outgoing" out of the lot..

However there is a way around this..As a woman I am shy...I will not be pushy and "fight" for attention in a crowd of women..I feel that if MAN is interested in me he will make it known..
By walking up to me, not making eye contact with any other woman except me, extend his hand and get to know me..at this point all the rest of the girls already know your intentions..

As far as distractions from friends and others? If you are meeting women in a bar or any social setting this is always going to be an issue..

If so? Make your intentions known, bid her a good night and ask her if she would like to see you outside of this social setting..

It is not that you are doomed you just seem to be adapting to a difficult situation instead of taking the situation into your own hands and making it work for you..

Best of luck..

Old 04-17-2011, 01:43 AM

1,702 posts, read 2,328,776 times
Dude, when her friend starts hitting on you take the bait! Then you include BOTH of them. "Hey so what are you guys doing later?" "Can I get your guys number?" Or if only the friend wants to give her number then you invite BOTH of them to hang out with your buddy and talk to the girl you're interested in.

Old 04-17-2011, 02:21 AM

Thanks to the first poster i will try to do that its just that its hard for me to meet people and when i do tue less attractive one always has to have me. Most women travel in groups how would i get one alone lets say im at tue mall for example.

To tue second.. bad idea ive actually tried that... pretty girl ditched leaving me with the ugly duckling. I was set up .

All the **** blocking really dors bother me... should it he an esteem booster? I.dojt think im all that maybe a 5 or a 6 but ive actually had guys tell me that im hetter looking than them im like uhh ok... so r they really that insecure?

Old 04-17-2011, 02:34 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,246,832 times
Doesn't sound like you have a problem at all. You can get women, it's just a matter of getting the "right" one and how to do that, my friend, you will not find in a handbook or on a forum.

Old 04-17-2011, 03:38 AM

But thats just it tue ones i want pass ke off cuz their friend wants me

Old 04-17-2011, 03:49 AM

146 posts, read 250,497 times
Sounds like you could use a wingman to run interference. Make sure that your wingman has tastes and attributes different from yours to minimize the chance that you're both looking at the same woman. I understand that we as men always want the hottest looking one but often we're asking for the headache. Are the girls that eventually hit on you totally unattractive or just relatively unattractive compared to your first choice? The effects of good looks wear off quickly so maybe the next time the friend hits on you divert your attention to the friend and give her a fair shot. She maybe rescuing you from the problem chick. And never let a man block on you unless he is her boyfriend or member of her immediate family. Men of all cultures know that goes against the universal unwritten bro code.

Old 04-17-2011, 06:37 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,197,921 times
Instead of getting annoyed because the wrong girl hit on you, try rejecting her in a gentlemanly way.

Old 04-17-2011, 06:53 AM

2,596 posts, read 5,588,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas69 View Post
Hello i wanted to come on here and ask for some advice. I have been having problems approachng women. I see them in tue store and in the mall and they are so beautiful but i have no idea what to say to them! When i finally do talk to several women it never fails, the one that im so not interested in starts hitting on me! It happens every single time. I am sick of it. When this happens the girl i am interested in kinda backs off. It gets so annoying. Ik just not interested! Then when i do get a pretty girl either she is cheating on her boyfriend with me or she has low self.esteem. Another problem i have had when i am talking to a womam is that anytime i am talking to an attractive female, someone always has to come amd try to f-it up! This could be a friend or even a stranger! Its happened alot as well. Before it was even my former boss and i would be ticked off but i never said anything back, just kinda ignored it

When it comes to me, im hispanic, 5 11 musclar build. I could stand to lose some weight but ive even seen humongous guys with little skinny girls amd im like seriously? On top of that when i tell people im single they will tell me im good looking and then ask me why am i single like i should be able to get anyone! I wish! Is there any hope for me? Or am i doomed to be witu an unattractive person forever?
Could it be that you're just being too greedy? Sounds like when you approach groups of girls, you do get some attention, but you want it from the hottest girl in the group, and instead another girl is flirting back.

Are you being unrealistic about what you yourself have to offer? You've said you "could stand to lose some weight." Well, to some girls, that matters. Maybe other girls are turned off by attitude, or whatever. So in the same way you're rejecting the girl who's flirting back with you for being a 7 out of 10 (when you want her friend who's a 9 out of 10), the girl you want is rejecting you because she doesn't want a 7 either. Get the idea? You can say, "But these other humongous guys are getting the girls" and that may be true. But obviously if they are? They have something to offer that you don't. Maybe it's a better personality. Maybe it's something else.

So, no, I don't think you're "doomed" to anything, unless you choose to be. What you need is an attitude adjustment. If you want girls to see past the things about you that aren't perfectly attractive, then you're going to have to do them the same favor.

Old 04-17-2011, 07:08 AM

@cyrano- these guys arnt my friends so how do i shake da haters off? @cris how do i do that?

@h these two girls no one is an 8 her friend will be like a 2/3 yes its that bad..its gotten so bad , that ot has actually started to affect my self esteem. The funny thing is that if i have tye cute one by herself tuen there r no problems. As for the weight thing yeah its not my only hang up but itbis something i can control and ive already decided to start going to a gym. I like to work out anyways. I notice that thebguys that get the girls i like are always very detailed when the dress up. It color coordinated and they r either skinnybor kuscular. Maybe i need to imitate them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships