Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 05:05 AM

432 posts, read 605,353 times

Advertisements

Men?

or

Women?

I would say women for sure.

Since men need a woman who is-
1. Attractive to them
2. Not annoying to their ears
oh , and lastly
3. Puts out

Women need a man who-
1. Is good looking to them and their friends.
2. Dresses in current fashion or really unique styles.
3. Wears a decent watch, and preferably gold necklace under shirt and/or earring.
4. Knows how to dance a little bit.
5. Has future career goals.
6. Offers to do manly jobs around the house.
7. Likes their friends.
8. Will wait for them.
9. Will put her before anything else, no matter how unnecessary the thing is she wants him to do for her.
10. Is good at socializing.
11. Will raise her own view of her status in society.
12. Is nice and confident with them, but kind of cocky and tough around other men.
13. Puts out on their terms.

What are your lists/opinions? Ladies, am I right/wrong?

Old 11-18-2009, 05:16 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,195,080 times
I can't speak for all women, but that isn't my list of requirements one bit.

Old 11-18-2009, 06:14 AM

432 posts, read 605,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
I can't speak for all women, but that isn't my list of requirements one bit.

??? share the list then.... help us guys out!

Old 11-18-2009, 06:54 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,404,454 times
Quote:
1. Attractive to them
oh , and lastly
3. Puts out
I'm pretty certain my husband's list is a bit longer than that.

Women need a man who-
1. Is good looking to them and their friends. NOPE - My friends have nothing to do with my attraction to a man. Their opinion in that respect is irrelevant.

2. Dresses in current fashion or really unique styles. NOPE - I don't like trendy men, however I do prefer a man who knows how to dress for the occasion or situation.

3. Wears a decent watch, and preferably gold necklace under shirt and/or earring. NO!!! - A watch is fine, but I prefer to wear the jewelry in the relationship.

4. Knows how to dance a little bit. NOPE - Unimportant to me as I don't enjoy dancing in front of people, despite loving music and dancing myself.

5. Has future career goals. NOPE - I never questioned a man on that, but I will say I do like driven men.

6. Offers to do manly jobs around the house. YES - It was something I grew up with and as a result, I desired it in a man. BUT I take no issue with working on projects together.

7. Likes their friends. NOPE - It helps the relationship greatly, but not required.

8. Will wait for them. YES - If you want me to get dolled up/sexed up, you better be willing to chill a few extra minutes.

9. Will put her before anything else, no matter how unnecessary the thing is she wants him to do for her. NOPE - I'm an adult, not a toddler.

10. Is good at socializing. YES - He doesn't have to be the life of the party, but he should be able to make pleasant conversation in social situations.

11. Will raise her own view of her status in society. NOPE - I don't need to be raised, but I sure as hell don't want to be lowered!

12. Is nice and confident with them, but kind of cocky and tough around other men. NOPE - I don't do cocky & tough. I prefer Nice & Confident at all times.

13. Puts out on their terms. YES!

Old 11-18-2009, 06:57 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,431,220 times
People still wear watches???????

Old 11-18-2009, 07:00 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
The question is flawed.

Just because you have higher or more standards does not automatically make those standards superficial.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:11 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Actually, it seems to me that it's way more superficial to like someone based on their looks and their willingness to put out as opposed to their character and who they are.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:13 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,647,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManGoneADreamin View Post
Men?

or

Women?

I would say women for sure.

1. Attractive to them
oh , and lastly
3. Puts out

Women need a man who-
1. Is good looking to them and their friends.
I would agree with this, just being honest.
2. Dresses in current fashion or really unique styles.
Disagree, as long as he's neat and not wearing tye-die, we are ok LOL
3. Wears a decent watch, and preferably gold necklace under shirt and/or earring.
Definitely disagree, can't stand men who wear jewelry, especially gold chains around their necks, it just reeks guido LOL and what does an undershirt have to do with anything???
4. Knows how to dance a little bit.
I agree, it would be nice if my SO would come out dancing with me,, I think it's sexy.
5. Has future career goals.
Yes but also someone who knows how to have down time.
6. Offers to do manly jobs around the house.
Yes and handy is great, if I need something fixed, I want him to do it for me LOL
7. Likes their friends.
Not an issue, it would be nice but then again, if he doesn't like them he doesn't need to hang with them.
8. Will wait for them.
Wait for what??
9. Will put her before anything else, no matter how unnecessary the thing is she wants him to do for her.
I think it's give or take. I won't put someone ahead of my kids so it would be unfair for me to expect to be put as #1 on their list if they have a Mom, kids or the like.
10. Is good at socializing.
Not totally important, I'm social enough for us both, my SO is a little shy but I warm things up quickly.
11. Will raise her own view of her status in society.
Of course
12. Is nice and confident with them, but kind of cocky and tough around other men.
No, I want nice and confident all the time. A guy who acts like a cocky bastard around other guys is a turn off for me.
13. Puts out on their terms.
It should go both ways, no I don't expect my man to only give on my terms, that would just get old after awhile LOL

What are your lists/opinions? Ladies, am I right/wrong?
See responses above, you have some things slightly correct and other things you are way off. We just want a relationship where we don't have to think about it and it comes naturally, a guy who knows passion, love, acceptance, sympathy, rough and tumble at times, handy, great in bed, loves his family, does a good job all the time, is strong but will cry and not feel embarrassed, loves his children. Someone who cares about their appearance and their job but isn't a workaholic, someone who is patient, smart, funny, charming.... and you may ask what you get in return... it's simple.. the same thing WHEN you have found your perfect partner.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:17 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,788,602 times
Who is more superficial...it's the guys with the Asian fetishes.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:19 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,167,239 times
This is stupid....everyone is superficial to an extent....it is called "attraction" for a reason ya' know. You might want to be attracted to the person you are trying to be with....just an idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.