Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2011, 08:51 AM

5,024 posts, read 8,921,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Had one of those "moments" today - went for a walk with the ladyfriend and her two chihuahuas in our riverside park. Unfortunately the ground close to the river is still soggy from our previous flooding.

The puppies glided over the top of the ground, since they weigh about 5 pounds each. The ladyfriend is light enough (no numbers mentioned - I know better, but she's small) that she also skipped across the mud without a problem.

Then came the big, bumbling 210-pound bear...

My boots were sucked down into the mud, creating nasty sucking sounds and finally pulling one of the boots right off my foot. There I am dancing the traditional Bear-Stuck-In-Quicksand Dance while little rats with collars circled around me and LF was laughing her azz off. I ended up back home with dried mud up to my knees, one boot filled with smelly river mud, a thousand little paw prints on my jeans and some lipstick on my neck from LF's consolation attempts.

...it's tough to be me...
I'm smiling that you have a girlfriend with CHIHUAHUAS. That's pretty funny to me...aw, the things we do for love...

Old 05-11-2011, 08:57 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,675,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Hey look at the bright side, you did get lipstick on your neck
I was hoping for marks a bit lower on my anatomy, but C'est la Vie!

Quote:
You know at the spa they will slather you with that stuff for money. You got off cheap!
True, true - but this mud glows! I think it's Three Mile Island mud...

Old 05-11-2011, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
I'm smiling that you have a girlfriend with CHIHUAHUAS. That's pretty funny to me...aw, the things we do for love...
Ugh!

I never thought I'd like little dogs - to me, a dog is a Shepherd or a Rottie or a Collie or something with some heft to it - but I have to admit the little buggers are kind of cute. Except for the fat one - he has a little attitude problem - he growls if you try to pick him up or even just pet him when he's not in the mood. The skinny one is Mommy's baby - always runs to her when I chase him or growl at him.

They also get very jealous when Mommy and I are, uh, preoccupied. They'll try pushing their way between us, and THAT gets old REAL fast.

...did you know that chihuahuas can fly?

Old 05-11-2011, 09:10 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,384,818 times
Quote:
Ugh!

I never thought I'd like little dogs - to me, a dog is a Shepherd or a Rottie or a Collie or something with some heft to it - but I have to admit the little buggers are kind of cute. Except for the fat one - he has a little attitude problem - he growls if you try to pick him up or even just pet him when he's not in the mood. The skinny one is Mommy's baby - always runs to her when I chase him or growl at him.

They also get very jealous when Mommy and I are, uh, preoccupied. They'll try pushing their way between us, and THAT gets old REAL fast.

...did you know that chihuahuas can fly?
They ARE hot dogs!

http://img.vandaag.be/tmp/450/350/r/...elt-hotdog.jpg

Old 05-11-2011, 09:18 AM

2,650 posts, read 3,021,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I've never had that problem with Netflix. Aside from the arbitrary 4 week delay, I got Black Swan a week or so ago on the first day it was available.
Timing could be a factor, I still retain the streaming service but canceled the disc portion before the 30 day blackout started. If I had to guess some people rent the movies they are really looking forward to seeing rather than wait the 30 which I would think would reduce the demand somewhat for the discs. Dont know, my experience was pretty much universal among the netflix users I know in this area. I hear rumor that comcast is talking about data caps on cable. I have no idea how much data netflix uses or if I would be affected. I don't spend much time watching tv in any fashion so I'm thinking not but how knows. All I know is it chaps my ass that these frickin greedy corporations pulling in multi billion dollar profits cant get enough.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
They ARE hot dogs!
Heh, heh...they're SO easy to make fun of, aren't they?

Old 05-11-2011, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Heh, heh...they're SO easy to make fun of, aren't they?
Maybe that's why they're such frustrated annoying yappers.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:28 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,736,709 times
i cannot look at another math problem @_@_@_@_@_@_@

Old 05-11-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
i cannot look at another math problem @_@_@_@_@_@_@
On the bright side, congrats on your first pineapple!

Old 05-11-2011, 02:41 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,736,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
On the bright side, congrats on your first pineapple!
**** yes finally! thanks

And now I'm starting to get sick of economics. After tomorrow, if someone were to strap me down to a chair and force me to watch CNBC or Fox Business, it would be considered an "enhanced interrogation technique." No. More. Graphs. Please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships