Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2011, 06:43 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Exactly. This thread has gone beyond ridiculous.
I have to agree, its gone too far
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2011, 09:02 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,222,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
so there is a number?

what if he spends $30 four times at Applebees?

what if he spends $100 once at a fancy restaurant?

what if he spends $75 three times at a fancy restaurant?

the fact that you mention the amount and type of restaurant means that for many woman out there there really is a general equation that you go by which is why were all so confused.

there are hookers who'll go with a guy for $100.

there are hookers who'll go with a guy for $200.

there are hookers who won't go with a guy for $50 but will do other things.

so how are many dating american women different?
Quote:
funny how nobody can respond to post #586
Probably because it was so full of foolishness that it rendered most of us speechless?

Old 05-02-2011, 06:32 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,713,966 times
Quote:
so there is a number?

the fact that you mention the amount and type of restaurant means that for many woman out there there really is a general equation that you go by which is why were all so confused.

Well I generally don't sleep with four or more people a night. That could be a difference. Hookers don't clean your house, do your laundry, or give two s**** about you..and I am pretty sure taking one home to introduce to the parents is not going to go over well. And I am very sure you would not be proud to tell any kids you had with them what her occupation is.

And those don't even touch the problems with drugs, disease and mental illness that is thick in the prostitution world.

Old 05-02-2011, 11:17 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,548,469 times
Quote:
so there is a number?

Quote:
funny how nobody can respond to post #586
I haven't been back to the thread until now, nothing funny about it.

There are women who have their own equation. There are women who will put out because someone spent $30 on dinner, anywhere. I was not referring to them. Read my post again, if you care to, and you might get the point. Or not. Your confusion is your own. Don't know where this "we" thing came from.

Old 05-02-2011, 11:40 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,548,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolreligion View Post
Alright, explain to me. I got that impression from your post. You sure don't have the same attitude as to why men should pay as women did 50 years ago.
If men were the providers, it makes sense the women couldn't pay, yes? But that's not the be all, end all of it. Maybe you should be asking the men who still insist on paying why they do so in this "day and age"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
I think you'd like to think that, but that's not what we think out there. I go by peoples actions and women that just expect to be wined and dined on our dime week after week are freeloaders.
LOL. Another "we" man. I already said that I don't agree with the expectation/entitlement mindset, just like I don't approve of whiney little boys who can't see past it. I don't "like" to think anything. I don't have to "slice" it in any way to ease my conscience. I feel no guilt. No one is being taken advantage of in my relationships.

Last edited by PassTheChocolate; 05-02-2011 at 12:05 PM..

Old 05-02-2011, 01:54 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,050,869 times
Why is Badger bringing Hookers into a conversation that was supposed to be about a woman trying to understand and navigate the current status-quo financial etiquette for today's dating scene?

Is the OP a hooker or does Badger equate all women as hookers?

Sorry - just a little befuddled. ?

Old 05-02-2011, 06:14 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
Why is Badger bringing Hookers into a conversation that was supposed to be about a woman trying to understand and navigate the current status-quo financial etiquette for today's dating scene?

Is the OP a hooker or does Badger equate all women as hookers?

Sorry - just a little befuddled. ?
He was implying that all women are hookers, at least that's how I took it and why I didn't think it was worth a response.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:12 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,730,092 times
The part that gives me the chuckles about guys who think their dates should double as prostitutes at evening's end is that they probably think women can't see through the hostility and contempt they have towards them.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:13 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
The part that gives me the chuckles about guys who think their dates should double as prostitutes at evening's end is that they probably think women can't see through the hostility and contempt they have towards them.
^^ Oh my goodness, FTW.

So, so, so, so true.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:49 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,730,092 times
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he was one of the guys starting CD threads entitled, "I'm A NICE GUY. WHY Won't Women Date Me?" SMH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships