Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2013, 09:34 AM

246 posts, read 387,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Dunno, never insisted on my date to pay for anything.

Actually, if she wanted to pay, she'd tell me that she insisted to pay, which has happened.

otherwise, I'm the one who's paying, no questions asked.
I agree on this one. Man pays unless woman insists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2013, 09:53 AM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixi10 View Post
He came right out and said it but in question form. It was like "You're going to get it this time?" and I was like "sure"

I feel bad for not offering to pay sooner, but it really never occurred to me to do so. Now I feel kinda awkward about future dates. Should I always offer to pay for them now?
What kind of dates are you guys doing? If he always chooses a date that costs money, or costs enough that he feels it's a burden, imo that's his fault. It's a choice he made. He can make other choices. Dates don't always have to involve money, or not much money. What, he can't afford movie or museum tickets? Does he think a free outdoor concert or art fair, followed by lunch or dinner at home is too low-brow?

Old 05-09-2013, 03:58 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,527,668 times
here in the city i live in (or maybe the circle i move in) its NORMAL to split everything 50/50. Maybe if a guy asks you out hell pay the first dinner, but then it will be 50/50. Its only fair, we as women have the same capicity that men have to make money, so i dont see why they have to pay for everything.
In 7 years with my boyfriend, we always went dinner and split 50/50.

Old 05-09-2013, 04:01 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,311,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What kind of dates are you guys doing? If he always chooses a date that costs money, or costs enough that he feels it's a burden, imo that's his fault. It's a choice he made. He can make other choices. Dates don't always have to involve money, or not much money. What, he can't afford movie or museum tickets? Does he think a free outdoor concert or art fair, followed by lunch or dinner at home is too low-brow?
It's his fault the she doesn't feel like she's an equal partner in the relationship who should contribute financially?
I don't see how that works

Old 05-09-2013, 08:03 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,166,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineComedy View Post
It's his fault the she doesn't feel like she's an equal partner in the relationship who should contribute financially?
I don't see how that works
But it's not cool demanding like that. I would offer to pay at some point but if he flat out asks this, I would feel awkward too and the date would probably be over quickly, as if it didn't came sincerely from him but he was testing me or something.

I will gladly offer but will not liked being demanded to pay.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
But it's not cool demanding like that. I would offer to pay at some point but if he flat out asks this, I would feel awkward too and the date would probably be over quickly, as if it didn't came sincerely from him but he was testing me or something.

I will gladly offer but will not liked being demanded to pay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixi10 View Post
I feel bad for not offering to pay sooner, but it really never occurred to me to do so.
The OP obviously wasn't going to offer.

I, recently, had a similar situation. I didn't ask her out and stick her with the bill, but I brought it up and we've been about 50/50 since.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:05 PM

227 posts, read 420,607 times
If a man even suggest I pay, I would question his masculinity and provider skills. I will be based for this, but its a man's job since the beginning of time to take care of the woman. What a joke...I could care less about the money spent on the dates, but to ask a woman for money is pretty tacky, IMO. It would be the end of the dating relationship for me...

Old 05-09-2013, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNP24 View Post
If a man even suggest I pay, I would question his masculinity and provider skills. I will be based for this, but its a man's job since the beginning of time to take care of the woman. What a joke...I could care less about the money spent on the dates, but to ask a woman for money is pretty tacky, IMO. It would be the end of the dating relationship for me...
Since the beginning of time it's been the female's job to produce offspring. For this reason I fully expect every female that I provide for to engage in sexual intercourse with me. If they refuse it would be the end of the dating relationship for me.

Neither you or I are jerks. We are entitled to our opinions.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:12 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,166,491 times
Quote:
The OP obviously wasn't going to offer.
I see. Then I guess they're not a match for one another. The OP should look for a man that doesn't mind paying every time (there are still men like that) and the man in the story should seek for a woman that splits the bill 50/50.
Quote:
I, recently, had a similar situation. I didn't ask her out and stick her with the bill, but I brought it up and we've been about 50/50 since
Fair enough. As long as she's ok with it then it's good.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:14 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post

Neither you or I are jerks. We are entitled to our opinions.
Of course you are, buy why do you need to make them in the most obnoxious way possible?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships