Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2013, 01:29 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,563,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Who said anything about paying for dinner with sex?

How is paying for one dinner the same as paying for everything? If a guy says, "I got this," when the check comes I'm not going to fight him. That's ungrateful. I'll get the next time. Dating's enough of a hassle without nickeling and dimeing everything.
Im talking about how some women feel entitled to being payed free dinners FOR A MONTH. Like the OP. She didnt find it weird that a guy payed for all her dinners in a month, but she reacted shocked when he asked her to pay for ONE dinner?? wtf???

I find that situation outrageous cause i would NEVER let a men pay all my dinners for A MONTH.

This is what this thread is about, right??

How outrageous is the situation the OP presented. I think it is. What is outrageous is her feeling entitled to get free dinners and not paying once cent. And so many people supporting that idea. What the hell is wrong with women??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
This reminds me of the question a poster, think it was a female poster, said something like “Make him earn the vagina” or something. I guess many women do put a monetary price tag between their legs. Funny how those same women frown on prostitution. Hypocrisy at is finest.

this
so
much

hypocrits

Old 05-14-2013, 01:31 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,252,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
If a woman expects a men to pay for all dates, and think as sex as an "exchange" for that dinner, then, yeah, she is 100% behaving like a prostitute.

In your case, why do you support men paying for everything?? Do you realize we are in 2013?? Can you offer ONE LOGIC reason as to why bill doesnt have to be split 50/50??

Do you think women are inferior than men? dumber?
I think you need to calm down. I never said men should pay for everything. I just think it's rude to call people names. You said that women who expect men to pay for everything are acting like prostitutes. You made no mention of giving sex in exchange for money. There are many traditional women who expect men to pay for dates but do not sleep with them. There are many traditional men who want to pay for dates and do not expect sex in return.
Personally, I have always offered to pay on dates. I have never expected men to pay for everything all the time. But like I said before, the question of who pays for what has never been an issue in any of my relationships. And I think that both men and women have more to offer on a date than money.
It seems like you are looking to pick a fight with someone but I do not think I'm your woman.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I think you need to calm down. I never said men should pay for everything. I just think it's rude to call people names. You said that women who expect men to pay for everything are acting like prostitutes. You made no mention of giving sex in exchange for money. There are many traditional women who expect men to pay for dates but do not sleep with them. There are many traditional men who want to pay for dates and do not expect sex in return.
Personally, I have always offered to pay on dates. I have never expected men to pay for everything all the time. But like I said before, the question of who pays for what has never been an issue in any of my relationships. And I think that both men and women have more to offer on a date than money.
It seems like you are looking to pick a fight with someone but I do not think I'm your woman.
Maybe you didnt read my posts, but i was actually mentioning SEX and how some women think as sex as a way to "give back" to the men. I have read this in this forum countless times. Also, other poster said how some women say that men have to "earn the vagina". Yeah, THATS behaving like a prostitue. I was talking about that.

Now, about paying for one date, im not against that, but this thread is not about that, isnt it? The OP is offended cause he asked her to pay for one date, even when hes been paying dates for a month. What is wrong is THIS LOGIC THE OP IS USING, wich you and many other women havent criticized. This mentality is all wrong and backwards.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:38 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,300,432 times
Quote:
Agree. You cant arrive empty-handed when invited to someones house. Its just basic cortesy.
Exactly. I apply this to dating, going out with friends, family reunions, etc. It’s just basic courtesy and manners, expressions of gratitude, and so on.

A friend invited me to the cricket game and got my ticket? How nice! When we are at the game, I take a break to go to the restroom and come back with the drinks, food, etc. for the group of friends and watch the game together.

Someone invited me over to their place for dinner? How nice! I will arrive with a bottle and/or dessert and at the end offer to help (and mean it).

If I am in Asia and a girl asks me out, how nice! I will offer to pay for my part and mean it. She totally refuses to accept my offer? No problem. When we go out for a walk after dinner I will invite her for dessert and take care of the taxi fare on our way back. Still refuses? After the date I will suggest another activity for us to enjoy and take care of it instead of testing her for months, going through months of so called initial stages, making sure she fulfills her role as a future provider, etc.

Not sure how women think about all this but I like to show appreciation and thankfulness with more than just showing up and feeling entitled.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Exactly. I apply this to dating, going out with friends, family reunions, etc. It’s just basic courtesy and manners, expressions of gratitude, and so on.

A friend invited me to the cricket game and got my ticket? How nice! When we are at the game, I take a break to go to the restroom and come back with the drinks, food, etc. for the group of friends and watch the game together.

Someone invited me over to their place for dinner? How nice! I will arrive with a bottle and/or dessert and at the end offer to help (and mean it).

If I am in Asia and a girl asks me out, how nice! I will offer to pay for my part and mean it. She totally refuses to accept my offer? No problem. When we go out for a walk after dinner I will invite her for dessert and take care of the taxi fare on our way back. Still refuses? After the date I will suggest another activity for us to enjoy and take care of it instead of testing her for months, going through months of so called initial stages, making sure she fulfills her role as a future provider, etc.

Not sure how women think about all this but I like to show appreciation and thankfulness with more than just showing up and feeling entitled.
Totally.

Plus, being together is equally pleasant for both men and women. Sleeping together is equally pleasant for both. Just as you think women are gorgeous, funny, great, we think the same about men. No one is entitled to anything. Its 2 people that wanna spend time together, enjoying.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:44 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,252,721 times
Quote:
Maybe you didnt read my posts, but i was actually mentioning SEX and how some women think as sex as a way to "give back" to the men. I have read this in this forum countless times. Also, other poster said how some women say that men have to "earn the vagina". Yeah, THATS behaving like a prostitue. I was talking about that.

Now, about paying for one date, im not against that, but this thread is not about that, isnt it? The OP is offended cause he asked her to pay for one date, even when hes been paying dates for a month. What is wrong is THIS LOGIC THE OP IS USING, wich you and many other women havent criticized. This mentality is all wrong and backwards.
Like I said - it's obvious you want a fight but the poster you are upset with (who you and onihc both seem to think represents many women as opposed to just herself) is not responding. This thread is over 2 years old. It has evolved and I do t think the op is even around anymore. Someone resurrected it for some reason. You can go back and read it from the beginning if you want to. My original thoughts were that this would never happen to me because I always offered to pay. However the guy in this situation handled it very awkwardly.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:49 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,702,004 times
Quote:

Go out with guys that do appreciate women not just TRYING TO OFFER (everybody can “try” but doing it is a different story) but actually PAY for their expenses or take turns with the guy right off the bat and not months or years after going out. If you are interested in a guy and pay since the first date there will be many ways you can show him you like him more than friends: exclusivity when dating (not dating other guys), the things you do for him and not other guys, the topics of conversation, the times you look for him and vice versa, etc. and later along the road express your feelings. Shouldn’t be that complicated. These things can be seen with time not in one date.
After reading this, I did a little mental tally of the last few dates with the guy I'm sorta seeing and I've paid quite a bit more than he has date wise. I really enjoy taking him out and spending time with him and the things we've done together I'd be just as apt to do alone, but being with him makes it so much more fun. The last time we went out we saw a movie and he bought my movie ticket which I was NOT expecting, so I bought dinner. No big.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Like I said - it's obvious you want a fight but the poster you are upset with (who you and onihc both seem to think represents many women as opposed to just herself) is not responding. This thread is over 2 years old. It has evolved and I do t think the op is even around anymore. Someone resurrected it for some reason. You can go back and read it from the beginning if you want to. My original thoughts were that this would never happen to me because I always offered to pay. However the guy in this situation handled it very awkwardly.
I dont wanna pick a fight with anyone. I dont understand women mentallity. Most women in this thread arent reacting outraged with the OP, and being outraged with the OP attitude is the only logic reaction. Also, i wanna hear ONE LOGIC REASON why men have to pay for dates. And im not asking you, its ok if you want to play. I ask women who support this horrible behaviour from the OP.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:59 PM

29,791 posts, read 34,596,352 times
Quote:
I dont wanna pick a fight with anyone. I dont understand women mentallity. Most women in this thread arent reacting outraged with the OP, and being outraged with the OP attitude is the only logic reaction. Also, i wanna hear ONE LOGIC REASON why men have to pay for dates. And im not asking you, its ok if you want to play. I ask women who support this horrible behaviour from the OP.
The OP hasn't been here for over two years, so we're not having the same conversation.

Funnily enough, I said the same thing two years ago as I did today, almost verbatim: https://www.city-data.com/forum/18844267-post156.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships