Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2013, 02:01 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,546,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
After reading this, I did a little mental tally of the last few dates with the guy I'm sorta seeing and I've paid quite a bit more than he has date wise. I really enjoy taking him out and spending time with him and the things we've done together I'd be just as apt to do alone, but being with him makes it so much more fun. The last time we went out we saw a movie and he bought my movie ticket which I was NOT expecting, so I bought dinner. No big.
great attitude
spending quality time with someone you like......priceless
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 02:03 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,223,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
This would just be another form of prostitution. Anything that is exchanged for sex is just that, prostitution.

Same goes to women only if they ever ask a man out. Sure sure sure, there may be some women out there that may consider asking a man out but it is just not as common as the other way around.
Yeah, it just sucks to be a man, doesn't it? Tell you what: You go shave your legs, your armpits, and your crotch hair, and you go spend half an hour doing your hair, putting on make-up, and preparing for a date, and you spend $38 per bra, and you walk around on your date in heels, and you carry a purse, and then you can whine about the expense of dating, okay? Because plenty of women do all of that and still go Dutch, while many a man sniffs a shirt pulled from the laundry basket to make sure it doesn't stink, scrapes a razor across his face (if he even bothers), and shows up.

The amount of pizzing and moaning from you about this, in post after post, month after month, is utterly asinine. It's tedious to the point where I'm about to put you on ignore because that appears to be the only thing you bother to post about on this forum, aside from your theory that married women don't like sex. Can't you come up with something new and interesting to say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I think the exception would be for first date/meeting from an online dating site, where neither of the people know each other and the invitation was general. Otherwise, "I'd like to take you out to dinner," spoken by either party, is that person volunteering to host the evening, which includes paying. You wouldn't invite people to your home for a dinner party and expect them to bring their own food because they are your guests. A date is no different.
I agree. In fact, for online dating dates, a cup of coffee and a walk in the park would be about it for me.

At any rate, this is my story, and I'm sticking to it. If certain crybabies on this thread are going to pout that women don't ask them out, that's their problem. Likewise, if some jealous nincompoops have issues with me always having had a selection of men asking me out from which to choose so that I never had to ask a man out on a first date, myself, all I can say is, "Poor you, but damn, it's great to be me."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
As for strategies, I assess as I go along. If a man asks me to dinner, I'll reach for my wallet. If he tells me to put it away, I express my gratitude and put it away. Sorry, not going to play that, "are you sure?/yes I'm sure/really?/really, I asked you on a DATE so I am PAYING" nonsense. However, if we had a great time, I'll suggest grabbing a drink afterward, for which I will insist that I pay. After two dates or so, if things are going well, I'll suggest a date that I will pay for. In the last 23 years I have not met any man who inspired me to ask him out first, but if I did, I would pay for the date.

The bottom line is that adults know that if they ask someone out on a date, they pay. Doesn't matter if you are a man or a woman. If you are a host, you pay.

Once you're a couple, then it's up to you and your significant other to work out what you feel comfortable with, and is no one's business but yours.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:03 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,289,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Im talking about how some women feel entitled to being payed free dinners FOR A MONTH. Like the OP. She didnt find it weird that a guy payed for all her dinners in a month, but she reacted shocked when he asked her to pay for ONE dinner?? wtf???
I find that situation outrageous cause i would NEVER let a men pay all my dinners for A MONTH.
This is what this thread is about, right??
How outrageous is the situation the OP presented. I think it is. What is outrageous is her feeling entitled to get free dinners and not paying once cent. And so many people supporting that idea. What the hell is wrong with women??
I ask the same question. When this topics pop out you’ll hear the same comments from most women “Whoever asks pays” which means a man pays as we all know that men do the vast majority of asking out. “I try to offer” doesn’t mean a thing as “trying” is different than actually doing it. And bunch of other common responses: it is a man’s job to pay, a real man pays, it shows that a man can be a provider, gotta make a man earn it if he wants a piece of me, men shouldn’t be stingy and just pay for women (funny how this is not applied the other way around), and so on.
If a man complains about something a woman is not cooperating with, he gets flamed. Have a woman complain about something her man is not cooperating with and she gets all kinds of support.
Quote:
this so much
hypocrits
Quote:
Maybe you didnt read my posts, but i was actually mentioning SEX and how some women think as sex as a way to "give back" to the men. I have read this in this forum countless times. Also, other poster said how some women say that men have to "earn the vagina". Yeah, THATS behaving like a prostitue. I was talking about that.
Now, about paying for one date, im not against that, but this thread is not about that, isnt it? The OP is offended cause he asked her to pay for one date, even when hes been paying dates for a month. What is wrong is THIS LOGIC THE OP IS USING, wich you and many other women havent criticized. This mentality is all wrong and backwards.
This kind of prostitution is more common that we may think.
Quote:
Plus, being together is equally pleasant for both men and women. Sleeping together is equally pleasant for both. Just as you think women are gorgeous, funny, great, we think the same about men. No one is entitled to anything. Its 2 people that wanna spend time together, enjoying.
I agree. Not sure if someone will date someone they find repulsive, boring, uncomfortable to be with, etc. If a couple decides to go out it is because they like each other in one way or the other. So why have women feel entitled? When I have been asked out I accept because I LIKE HER TOO in a way or the other. So it is not like I feel entitled, show up, and expect her to entertain me. I will do my part too as I want to be there as much as she wants to. My part will be more than just showing up.
Are you related to Ulysses by any chance? Hahaha! You two are probably the only ones around here who have a strong opinion against women who feel entitled. That’s cool.
I guess you are not the kind of woman who “tries” or “may think about offering” but actually does it and takes initiative as well. It is refreshing to see women like that.
JetJockey,
There ya go! See, that is what I am talking about. It’s not tit for tat but you were happy he got you the ticket so what did you do? You took care of dinner and he accepted. It is as simple as that. But women going out and making all these rules and expectations from men (first date or not) is what a few of us around here just don’t understand from women. How long have you gone out with the man you mentioned?

Old 05-14-2013, 02:09 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,666,973 times
Quote:
JetJockey,
There ya go! See, that is what I am talking about. It’s not tit for tat but you were happy he got you the ticket so what did you do? You took care of dinner and he accepted. It is as simple as that. But women going out and making all these rules and expectations from men (first date or not) is what a few of us around here just don’t understand from women. How long have you gone out with the man you mentioned?
I'd feel horrible if I let him pay for everything. We were in line at the pizza place, he brought out his wallet and I simply said 'no, you bought the tickets I'll get this'. No muss, no fuss.

We've been seeing each other for a little over a month. This week will be the tipping point though...he's seen my scars and my messed up stomach so we'll see if he calls me for another date. We've consistently seen each other every weekend so it's up to him now.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:12 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,289,844 times
Quote:
Yeah, it just sucks to be a man, doesn't it? Tell you what: You go shave your legs, your armpits, and your crotch hair, and you go spend half an hour doing your hair, putting on make-up, and preparing for a date, and then you can whine about the expense of dating, okay? Because plenty of women do all of that and still go Dutch, while the man sniffs a shirt pulled from the laundry to make sure it doesn't stink, scrapes a razor across his face (if he even bothers), and shows up.
The girls I go out with are not as easy to let me see their crotch simply because we went out so the whole thing about shaving or not shaving their crotch doesn’t go with me. There may be women of course who give quick access to their crotches and therefore find it necessary to shave on dates just in case that night they go at it with whoever is taking them out but those are not my type of women. Besides, as for personal preference, I prefer my girl to look like an adult and not like a child or plucked chicken. Properly grooming yourself is not gender-specific. Men also shave their facial hair, comb their hair, smell nice, wash their car, and so on. This is something expected from BOTH sides.
Quote:
The amount of pizzing and moaning from you about this, in post after post, month after month, is utterly asinine. It's tedious to the point where I'm about to put you on ignore because that appears to be the only thing you bother to post about on this forum, aside from your theory that married women don't like sex. Can't you come up with something new and interesting to say?
I would say the same about you as you always come back to reply the same things. It is a forum and people will comment on things they have a strong opinion about, find it fun, and so on. So here you are just like me. Move on or let it go. Women say a man should take care of expenses? Fine. See, my argument is not about women paying it all but about BOTH being a team, a couple, and taking care of things together. See the difference? Women rather leave it to men, I rather leave it to both.
Quote:
At any rate, this is my story, and I'm sticking to it. If certain crybabies on this thread are going to pout that women don't ask them out, that's their problem
I can imagine you also think the same of women who cry because their guy doesn’t cooperate with other things.
Quote:
Likewise, if some jealous nincompoops have issues with me always having had a selection of men asking me out from which to choose so that I never had to ask a man out on a first date, myself, all I can say is, "Poor you, but damn, it's great to be me."
There you go. Nothing wrong with that. Your opinion represents pretty much the majority of women. You are not the only one that likes to be paid for and get taken care of. See, that is what this thread is all about. Welcome to the thread.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I'd feel horrible if I let him pay for everything. We were in line at the pizza place, he brought out his wallet and I simply said 'no, you bought the tickets I'll get this'. No muss, no fuss.

We've been seeing each other for a little over a month. This week will be the tipping point though...he's seen my scars and my messed up stomach so we'll see if he calls me for another date. We've consistently seen each other every weekend so it's up to him now.
Im sure it will all be great, good luck with all JJ! You seem like a really cool girl!

Old 05-14-2013, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Yeah, it just sucks to be a man, doesn't it? Tell you what: You go shave your legs, your armpits, and your crotch hair, and you go spend half an hour doing your hair, putting on make-up, and preparing for a date, and you spend $38 per bra, and you walk around on your date in heels, and you carry a purse, and then you can whine about the expense of dating, okay? Because plenty of women do all of that and still go Dutch, while many a man sniffs a shirt pulled from the laundry basket to make sure it doesn't stink, scrapes a razor across his face (if he even bothers), and shows up.

I agree. In fact, for online dating dates, a cup of coffee and a walk in the park would be about it for me.

At any rate, this is my story, and I'm sticking to it. If certain crybabies on this thread are going to pout that women don't ask them out, that's their problem. Likewise, if some jealous nincompoops have issues with me always having had a selection of men asking me out from which to choose so that I never had to ask a man out on a first date, myself, all I can say is, "Poor you, but damn, it's great to be me."

so just cause of a woman haves to take care of herself to go out, they deserve to be paid for dinner??

ok, then.

Since im naturally pretty, i only need 20 minutes of grooming before going out with someone and looking awesome. I guess its great to be me too.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:16 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,666,973 times
Quote:
Im sure it will all be great, good luck with all JJ! You seem like a really cool girl!
Thanks I'm really nervous since I've had such bad luck in the past and I really like this dude.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:23 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,223,160 times
Quote:
You are not the only one that likes to be paid for and get taken care of.
No, kid, I've been in a great relationship for years now. We don't quibble over who pays for what and who takes care of whom because we love each other and it all evens out in the end, something you can't understand because you haven't even had a girlfriend yet. But apparently you dearly and desperately wish for someone to pay for you and take care of you, or you wouldn't be so hung up on it.

The rest of your post is nonsense not worthy of a response. My posting history speaks for itself--as does yours.

Quote:
so just cause of a woman haves to take care of herself to go out, they deserve to be paid for dinner??
Read much? Put words in other people's mouths much?

Quote:
Since im naturally pretty, i only need 20 minutes of grooming before going out with someone and looking awesome. I guess its great to be me too.
So how is that married man you're seeing?

Old 05-14-2013, 02:27 PM

HA!
Hes hot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships