Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2011, 08:44 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,900,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Well, I'm a singer - so the one thing I know is breathing! My friend just had a baby a few weeks ago and she said that she just did everything that the doctor and nurse told her to do - and that it was fine. I told my doctor that I'll do whatever he says!
The nurses were my friends.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:48 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,748,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Well, I'm a singer - so the one thing I know is breathing! My friend just had a baby a few weeks ago and she said that she just did everything that the doctor and nurse told her to do - and that it was fine. I told my doctor that I'll do whatever he says!
You really should get a doula. Natural childbirth is the best experience if you can possibly pull it off.

PS. I am a home birther

Old 08-02-2011, 08:54 PM

113 posts, read 365,106 times
maybe this one is a bit better. finding decent pics are few and far between. this one is 2.5 years old though.

now do i qualify to start posting?? lol
Attached Thumbnails
What do you look like....again!! lol-nov-2008.jpg  

Old 08-02-2011, 08:55 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,675,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acebritty View Post
maybe this one is a bit better. finding decent pics are few and far between. this one is 2.5 years old though.

now do i qualify to start posting?? lol
Much better.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:01 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,085,984 times
Not to scare ya Dew...lol, but what the hell.

I was 7lbs when I was born. I take after my mom, built just like her. They guessed my first to be about 7lbs as well...I carried pretty small with him. My fundal height was a few weeks behind, the u/s said about 7lbs...etc.

Well, he was 9lbs 15oz and 22.5" long. C-section (AFTER 22 hours of pitocin induced labor).

My 2nd and 3rd were 9lbs 2oz each and 21.5" and 21" respectively.

My biggest (last) was 10lbs 1oz and 23.5" long.

My husband was the curse. He was 9lbs 2oz when he was born.

I'm barely 5'4. I was HUGE with all but the first...like a freakin' house. I'd post a pic but it's embarassing how big I was... I literallly outgrew my maternity clothes.

NOW...the good news...I lost all the weight that I gained while pregnant within 5 weeks of delivery.

They were all c-section and I was back to my normal routine within a week...not as quick as I was but by 2 weeks I was totally fine.

Look at it this way, MAX is usually 24 hours...it's one day of your entire life and even though it sucks, it's also filled with excitement and that newborn stage will FLY by.

Enjoy it!!!!

Old 08-02-2011, 09:03 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,675,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post

I was 7lbs when I was born. I take after my mom, built just like her. They guessed my first to be about 7lbs as well...I carried pretty small with him. My fundal height was a few weeks behind, the u/s said about 7lbs...etc.

Well, he was 9lbs 15oz and 22.5" long. C-section (AFTER 22 hours of pitocin induced labor).

I'm barely 5'4. I was HUGE with all but the first...like a freakin' house. I'd post a pic but it's embarassing how big I was... I literallly outgrew my maternity clothes.

NOW...the good news...I lost all the weight that I gained while pregnant within 5 weeks of delivery.

They were all c-section and I was back to my normal routine within a week...not as quick as I was but by 2 weeks I was totally fine.

Look at it this way, MAX is usually 24 hours...it's one day of your entire life and even though it sucks, it's also filled with excitement and that newborn stage will FLY by.

Enjoy it!!!!
I am SO glad guys don't have babies. All I had to do was watch.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:05 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,900,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Did ya cut the cord?

Old 08-02-2011, 09:07 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,085,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
You know, I have to say my poor husband was a total basket case. I did not have text book delveries...none of my kids were easy in that respect and it was a heck of a lot easier for me to go through it than for him. He always felt helpless and I HATE to feel that way, so I can only imagine what he was going through.

Can you imagine being kicked out of the OR because your wife has stopped breathing? Heck..from where I stand, I had it easy!
ETA..he did not have to leave...he somehow convinced them to let him stay but he had to stand in the corner basically and out of the way.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:24 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,402,569 times
Quote:

Enjoy it!!!!
Wow. I thought my niece was the odd ball. Did you had a lot of fluid? I know my other niece was 6 lb but it was mostly fluid that made her stomach big.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:27 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,188,694 times
Quote:
You know, I have to say my poor husband was a total basket case. I did not have text book delveries...none of my kids were easy in that respect and it was a heck of a lot easier for me to go through it than for him. He always felt helpless and I HATE to feel that way, so I can only imagine what he was going through.

Can you imagine being kicked out of the OR because your wife has stopped breathing? Heck..from where I stand, I had it easy!
ETA..he did not have to leave...he somehow convinced them to let him stay but he had to stand in the corner basically and out of the way.
Holy crap!!!

And holy crap - what big babies you had!!! Yeah - my husband was over 9lbs - but he was the second child. His older brother was in the high 8lb range. My stomach is fairly small - but everything else is big!!! Well, not my ankles and my feet - which I'm very grateful for! I'm told that's really uncomfortbale. But I wasn't noticably pregnant until I was over 6 months. Even though I feel huge now - I see lots of pregnant women who have twice the belly that I do. I'm extremely worried about losing the weight. I've battled eating disorders my whole life so I'm really not enjoying weighing this much or being so much bigger. I'm totally neurotic - so hopefully I'll lose the weight quickly! We'll see!

And we'll see how big my boy is going to be!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships