Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 11:34 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I haven't been booted from here yet, so I'm doing something right.
Posting tasteful pictures of my "vacation" at the nudist colony didn't get me booted. Most liked them and thought it a hoot but somebody doesn't have a sense of humor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2011, 04:13 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
You are pretty clueless if you believe that they would be frank about this with you.

Men keep this to themselves in mixed company and use these forums to get the truth out to other men.

Women may be more forthcoming but they hold all the aces so can do this with relative impunity. In comparison, men must grovel for the favors of women and dare not say what they think.
I'm the only goof ball in my crew that spends time on message boards. Trust me, my friends look at me like I have a screw loose when I mention these boards. I always get "you're still doing that?" And you are the one who is clueless if you think your worldview encompasses men from all walks. It's not only clueless but pretty self-involved. Further, I had a twin brother. I came into this world wrapped in the arms of a male and by default couldn't have been closer to another human being, so I'm not going to buy into claims that since you have a penis you can speak for all men. And you speak for all women to boot, which only really speaks to your delusions.

Old 08-17-2011, 07:23 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,283,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwy phantom View Post
If the problem is about looks, then I must ask this question. Have all these women that keep saying the can't "find" a decent guy ever stop and consider that those guys aren't interested in you because they can do better. And the reason you can't "find" them is because they're not looking for you.

It's like me saying I can't "find" a playboy bunny, why can't I just "find" one. It's this delusional sense of entitlement that so many people have these days.
Once again, attraction is not only about looks.

Old 08-17-2011, 07:39 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,738,548 times
Quote:
Humor is not appreciated by women - at least the type of humor men appreciate.

Complaining about men and pointing out their shortcomings is deadly serious for most women.
Oh nonsense. Women love humour. My husband adores my sense of humour, that was one of the things that he found attractive about me.

Your gross generalisations are hardly accurate and they appear to come from a deep seated sense of bitterness towards women for whatever reason.

Complaining about the opposite sex is deadly serious for most women? What planet do you come from? Been watching too much junk TV I suspect

Old 08-17-2011, 08:57 AM

Agreed, Djuna. There is little more joy in life than laughing. It's a great high and a core aspect of a healthy life IMO. I look at my mom and grandma who have been cracking each other up for decades. One or both are always racing for the bathroom because they make each other pee their pants!

Old 08-17-2011, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmorrison75 View Post
older men have an easier time, generally speaking, in their 40's looking for a LTR than in their 20's.
This is false for several reasons.

Quote:
It's obvious to just about anybody who isn't a 40+ female that women find it much more difficult to find LTR at that age (not saying it doesn't happen, just not as easy to find when in 20's).
Women find it much more difficult to find an LTR at that age than men? Wrong. Maybe men are more desperate at 40 and women maintain their expectactions. That may be true, but it is wrong to say it is more difficult.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:18 AM

Quote:
I don't equate sex appeal and a person's value. Don't get too cocky sweetie, despite your failed attempts to link a bunch of studies into your own nonsense theory, you haven't substantiated anything. Another poster said it well - women 40+ had a harder time finding a LTR than women 40-. Men 40+ have an easier time (or not as difficult a time as women do) finding a LTR than men 40-.
This is bologna. ^^ Who is this guy?

I don't even want numbers or studies. Tell me in your own words how the bolded portion makes sense.

Old 08-17-2011, 03:13 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
Women find it much more difficult to find an LTR at that age than men? Wrong.
Actually right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
Maybe men are more desperate at 40
Maybe? No, few care anymore by that age. All you have is a hypothesis and a false one at that. It's women who are fare more interested in a relationship at that age because they are the only ones who have anything left to gain.

Old 08-17-2011, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Actually right.

Maybe? No, few care anymore by that age. All you have is a hypothesis and a false one at that. It's women who are fare more interested in a relationship at that age because they are the only ones who have anything left to gain.
I disagree. If you were correct we would not have so many of you complaining about women. I think you care too much.

Old 08-17-2011, 04:23 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Actually right.

Holy cow...you are SO wrong. Most of the newly-divorced men I've known in my lifetime, and that's usually late 30s to mid or late 40s, look to hook up more or less immediately...they really feel that hole in their lives.

On the other hand, while many newly-divorced 20s or 30s women I've known did want a new relationship -- usually because of the children, women in their 40s generally have NOT wanted another marriage by any means -- they are so completely done, at least for a while, with cleaning up after kids and a husband! They don't need a new husband to take care of. They just want to finally relax and actually have a relationship that's just for them, just for their happiness and that's it; no "and hey, look at all the stuff I can do for you!" necessary this time around. That's been my experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships