Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 09:56 AM

1,321 posts, read 2,108,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
No.
This.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2011, 10:21 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,650,642 times
Not judging, but no.

Old 05-08-2011, 10:31 AM

1,788 posts, read 2,483,283 times
I would say......never. I like equality....but I'm the 51% shareholder. I like to ask for input and consider it. But I almost always regret following it.

If a woman feels the need to stick things in a guy...she needs to keep moving along.

Old 05-08-2011, 11:55 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,959,965 times
Most of the men I know are passive-sociopaths who plays the submissive role to the hyper-psychotic histrionic woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Am I alone, or do most men feel the need to occasionally play the 'submissive' role in the relationship, and for the traditional roles to switch? No I don't have any gender identity issues and am not gay, but I like the idea of at least sometimes being dominated and even pampered (not in a mothering way) by my woman at times. At times I can feel like the dominant 'male' partner, but it would get boring it if was like that ALL of the time. I'm talking in the bedroom or anywhere else, I sort of like the idea of a woman who truly takes charge, not only in a bossy/catty way.

Are most men satisfied to mostly or always be making the moves socially, sexually or otherwise? Do most men feel threatened if the woman starts being the giver instead of the receiver? Do most women sometimes want to be dominant, and do some men even become bisexual to fulfil this need? Does thinking this way make me some kind of 'beta male' in the eyes of some?

Old 05-08-2011, 01:00 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,759,909 times
I like a woman who likes to take control sometimes, because when she takes control, it shows that she wants me bad enough to take matters into her own hands.

Old 05-08-2011, 02:05 PM

1,006 posts, read 736,002 times
Well I can see the OP's point, while I don't neccessarily feel the need to be dominated I like to NOT have to take charge ALL the time, make all the decisions, and take care of my partner. I don't believe in gender roles and I make sure that my potential partner knows this. I don't feel its my responsibility to be a father figure to an adult woman just because SHE believes that she has to be taken care of 24/7. I like highly independent women. She should be able to sustain with or without me. Theres no "taking charge" in my relationship, just mutual agreements and it works out REALLY well for us.

Old 05-08-2011, 02:33 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,842,411 times
It's not that I feel the need. It's more like I don't have any choice!

Old 05-08-2011, 03:43 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,825,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePanaceaHero View Post
men don't mind to be lazy, and have the woman play the dominant role of doing all the work in the $3x..

Men don't want to be submissive though. Only gay and bi-curious men would get off on that. Submissiveness goes against regular man's nature.
Totally disagree. Submissiveness is common in both women and men. It is not in the nature of many (most) men to be dominant. The culture pressures them to be dominant.

Old 05-08-2011, 06:02 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,081,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
I like a woman who likes to take control sometimes, because when she takes control, it shows that she wants me bad enough to take matters into her own hands.
This is exactly how I feel .

I'm not a chaser...if a woman doesn't seem interested, I'm not interested.

Old 05-08-2011, 06:04 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,081,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moddestmike View Post
Well I can see the OP's point, while I don't neccessarily feel the need to be dominated I like to NOT have to take charge ALL the time, make all the decisions, and take care of my partner. I don't believe in gender roles and I make sure that my potential partner knows this. I don't feel its my responsibility to be a father figure to an adult woman just because SHE believes that she has to be taken care of 24/7. I like highly independent women. She should be able to sustain with or without me. Theres no "taking charge" in my relationship, just mutual agreements and it works out REALLY well for us.
Yeah too often one partner becomes like a parent to the other, and that's unhealthy. Especially when one is quite a bit older than the other, there's a tendancy for one to think they always know best and be the 'mother' or 'father' in the relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships