Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 09:56 AM

86 posts, read 428,350 times

Advertisements

I sent a friend request to a guy that I like, and I know that he likes me back. He has like 800 friends, but he still hasnt accepted my friend request.

I thought maybe he doesnt go on facebook often, but then I saw that he posted a comment on a mutual friend's wall, so I know that he had to of seen my friend request.... Is he not friending me because he doesnt want me to see his wall or photos? But if he doesnt want me to see that cant he just adjust the setting so I get limited access?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 10:17 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,245,191 times
Eh. Let it go for awhile. How long ago did you send a friend request?

When you sent it, did you send a message with it?

Does he know you are you? Is your FB profile photo a picture of you, or is it your cat or dog or something?

So many possibilities.

In the end, if he doesn't friend you, let it slide. Or, you could write him a message and tell him that you're wondering why he hasn't accepted your request yet.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:33 AM

538 posts, read 1,521,625 times
If he's like most of my friends, he hasn't noticed it yet. Just because they are actively posting something doesn't mean they take the time to accept/reject friend requests just as regularly. Even my wife takes a month sometimes before she will go through her friend requests!

Old 05-16-2011, 11:53 AM

2,624 posts, read 7,257,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeerioS View Post
I sent a friend request to a guy that I like, and I know that he likes me back. He has like 800 friends, but he still hasnt accepted my friend request.

I thought maybe he doesnt go on facebook often, but then I saw that he posted a comment on a mutual friend's wall, so I know that he had to of seen my friend request.... Is he not friending me because he doesnt want me to see his wall or photos? But if he doesnt want me to see that cant he just adjust the setting so I get limited access?
There's more to life than Facebook. So don't worry if a guy that you like hasn't accepted your "friend request." How would you have felt if he accepted your "friend request" and then decided to "unfriend" you?

Some folks spend way too much time posting trivial things on Facebook for the world to see. I don't want or need to know that my girlfriend's third-cousin scored 100,000 points on Bejeweled, or that her best friend from elementary school's nephew got wasted at wild party in Las Vegas, or that her aunt's bridge partner got a new cow in FarmVille. Similarly, my girlfriend doesn't want or need to know that I translated Utada Hikaru's "Arashi no Megami" for several of my Facebook "friends", or that I was a member of the "Dead Fukuzawa Society" fifteen years ago, or that I had chicken kelaguen for lunch last week.

While Facebook offers "groups" to narrow down its social network, I'm not going to spend a lot of time figuring out how to set it up or adjusting the privacy settings. And, other folks seem to have similar attitudes when it comes to Facebook...
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/10/te...cial.html?_r=1

Old 05-16-2011, 12:20 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,473,176 times
OMG, people, step away from facebook and get a LIFE!

Old 05-16-2011, 12:54 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,245,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post

Now, donie1.... come on.... Facebook is part of life for quite a few people.

Is it as important as our face-to-face interactions? Not unless we never have any because we're shut ins.

Old 05-16-2011, 12:56 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,525,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
THIS

Old 05-16-2011, 02:45 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,188,705 times
Maybe there is a "rule" that he follows. He needs to wait 21 days before accepting your friend request so he doesn't look so desperate.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:56 PM

52,220 posts, read 52,642,422 times
Can't we just get a thread sticky/sub forum for Face Book. I wanna hurl my laptop through the wall because of FB.

Old 05-16-2011, 03:40 PM

19,407 posts, read 15,227,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Can't we just get a thread sticky/sub forum for Face Book. I wanna hurl my laptop through the wall because of FB.
Maybe we could start a drinking game where whenever someone mentions "Facebook," you take a drink; every time someone refers to being unfriended, you take two drinks...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships