Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 09:54 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times

Advertisements

I was just having a convo with Mrs. Chow and in the convo, it came up about working out.

I was joking around about sometimes it's cool to be on a weight bench with about 250 pound on your chest and you have to "man up" and pump that bad boy up... you know... bench pressing...... it's a fav for men to do... women don't do it.. but any ways.. the greater thought is how women and men are different.

Mrs. Chow laughed and talked about liking aerobics and yoga, and feeling light and stretched, and things of that order....

I think.. men and women sometimes get at a crossroads because we basically have differing views.. I know I'm talking about working out here, but it's metaphoric for other things...

Lets accept that women and men are different... let's not try and change it... just revel in the differences.

There is a word called synergy.

That is the definition of what men and women are...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2013, 09:57 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,644,762 times
women are from venus men are from mars

Old 12-08-2013, 09:57 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
Women bench press?

Old 12-08-2013, 10:38 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Men's physiology and hormonal structure makes them different from women. But as human beings we want many of the same things; to get paid a fair wage, to be taken seriously at work and in personal life, a decent roof over our heads, meaning in life, happiness, love...

Old 12-08-2013, 10:42 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,035,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I was just having a convo with Mrs. Chow and in the convo, it came up about working out.

I was joking around about sometimes it's cool to be on a weight bench with about 250 pound on your chest and you have to "man up" and pump that bad boy up... you know... bench pressing...... it's a fav for men to do... women don't do it.. but any ways.. the greater thought is how women and men are different.

Mrs. Chow laughed and talked about liking aerobics and yoga, and feeling light and stretched, and things of that order....

I think.. men and women sometimes get at a crossroads because we basically have differing views.. I know I'm talking about working out here, but it's metaphoric for other things...

Lets accept that women and men are different... let's not try and change it... just revel in the differences.

Well, I lift. And yea I know that feeling. And I like it. I truly do get a bit of a high at the gym...and I like being strong. Sometimes, there isn't a whole lot of difference.

Old 12-08-2013, 11:01 PM

36 posts, read 48,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
we want many of the same things; to get paid a fair wage, to be taken seriously at work and in personal life, a decent roof over our heads, meaning in life, happiness, love...

I question this statement. We do want those things but doesnt mean we agree on it. Even by looking at this forum, women on CB appear to take male opinion into a personal level as if no one were entitled to choices. You may speak your thoughts on it, but clearly,almost always, a very personal attack. Your way or its wrong. Thats not something logical imo.

Bottom line- its all about respect in the end. This is none existent between us.

Old 12-08-2013, 11:15 PM

887 posts, read 1,100,593 times
...I think in general we get let down by so many people in our lives that it takes a lot of trust to open yourself to embrace difference, something that is completely unfamiliar. I'm torn between saying faith or fear

Old 12-09-2013, 10:10 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,197,348 times
Quote:

Soooooo, Chow, how much do you weigh and how many times has Mrs. Chow been on the bottom having to pump that bad boy up...oh, women don't do it, you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumptacular View Post
...I think in general we get let down by so many people in our lives that it takes a lot of trust to open yourself to embrace difference, something that is completely unfamiliar. I'm torn between saying faith or fear
Every person we meet is a character in the play in our lives. With every relationship we go to we give a piece of ourselves exchanging it with something from them. We also grow as a person - no matter how horrendous a relationship was or is and what happens inevitably is that we learn more about ourselves and what we do or do not want. I believe everyone comes into your life for a reason - just not necessarily the one you intended.

Old 12-09-2013, 10:20 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,077,434 times
Quote:

Why exactly men and women? People are different. I have met women who are extremly similar to me and men who are so dissimilar we hate each other.

Old 12-09-2013, 10:26 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,197,976 times
Quote:

I was joking around about sometimes it's cool to be on a weight bench with about 250 pound on your chest and you have to "man up" and pump that bad boy up... you know... bench pressing...... it's a fav for men to do... women don't do it..
This is why conversations about "men" and "women" are useless. I am a woman. I bench/. So the f what?

Quote:
but any ways.. the greater thought is how women and men are different.

I think.. men and women sometimes get at a crossroads because we basically have differing views..
We get at a crossroads because we try to stick each other in categories instead of learning about the actual individual we are dealing with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships