Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 01:30 PM

469 posts, read 1,175,536 times

Advertisements

What are the best ways you know of to get into the dating scene for someone who just moved to a new city?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2011, 01:42 PM

34,092 posts, read 83,000,140 times
Be nice to one or two of the heavy/plain girls.
Don't lie to them or lead them on... just. be. nice.

Old 05-22-2011, 01:45 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,672,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Now, this comment is cruel and mean!

Old 05-22-2011, 01:49 PM

34,092 posts, read 83,000,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Now, this comment is cruel and mean!

I'm sorry you feel that way about the suggestion I made to answer the very elementary question the OP posed.
It's meant to be helpful and perhaps generally instructive.

I also note that you didn't say it wasn't true.

Old 05-22-2011, 01:56 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,002,282 times
Go to a bar. meet a nice girl. Talk to her for a bit and buy her a few drinks. Get to know her a bit.

Then, when you're ready to leave, invite her to your apartment/house.

When you arrive, go and put a robe on, grab a bottle of champagne and 2 glasses. Compliment her while offering her a glass of fine Champagne. Should she refuse, go grab a cloth and some Chloroform, and wet the cloth with it in front of her. Say "Here, have a sniff of this...Chloroform..." She'll probably freak out and make for the door. Be quick and put yourself between the door and her, and keep complimenting her. At this point she'll punch you in the eye and maybe knee you in the balls and then leave. Keep trying to compliment her as she gets into her car and drive off.

Now, you're in the dating game, and your Christopher Walken from that SNL skit from the 90s. I'm not saying I've done this, or I dressed up as him for Halloween once, but you at least have your name out there.

Old 05-22-2011, 02:45 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,672,166 times
Quote:
I'm sorry you feel that way about the suggestion I made to answer the very elementary question the OP posed.
It's meant to be helpful and perhaps generally instructive.

I also note that you didn't say it wasn't true.
Why are you suggesting narrowing it down to the "heavy/plain" girls?

Old 05-22-2011, 02:48 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,476,055 times
Quote:
I mean, really???? And you think you're rational? What a cruel and nasty personality you have.

Old 05-22-2011, 02:50 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,476,055 times
Find some social events you're interested in and join. Join social groups. Take night classes on something you're interested about.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:03 AM

1,206 posts, read 2,928,309 times
make some friends first before u think about dating. Establish some ties to the community. Your favorite cafe (go for a small intimate one with friendly baristas u like), a local bookstore/music store, local library. Those are all great places to meet local people. Local farmers market is great too. If u have a dog that is a great wayt o meet people, dog runs, grooming places, vet offices, the street, parks, etc etc. Try to think more about just meeting people rather then strictly dating. As you expand the people your meet u are bound to meet someone u like who will go on a date with u.

Old 05-25-2011, 09:27 PM

219 posts, read 541,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorhe33 View Post
make some friends first before u think about dating. Establish some ties to the community. Your favorite cafe (go for a small intimate one with friendly baristas u like), a local bookstore/music store, local library. Those are all great places to meet local people. Local farmers market is great too. If u have a dog that is a great wayt o meet people, dog runs, grooming places, vet offices, the street, parks, etc etc. Try to think more about just meeting people rather then strictly dating. As you expand the people your meet u are bound to meet someone u like who will go on a date with u.
I'm hearing some good advice but there is one thing everyone seems to be omitting, and that is: women avoid men who are by themselves like the plague.

So if you are going to follow the advice given, I strongly suggest you do so with a companion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships