Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2011, 01:46 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,484,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasMJ View Post
Because sex is enjoyable. Without sex, all there is to worry about is money.
And if sex leads to a baby, you'll sure be spending a lot of money then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
It may not be baffling to you but certainly is to many. Strange though it may seem to you, people don't have sex purely for procreation. Many if not most have sexual relations because they enjoy it. Too bad you'll never have the experience but that's your decision so stop belaboring the point and repeating the obvious and go do your homework.
I never said people only have sex for procreation. I'm just saying sex can lead to procreation even if that's not what you intended.

Old 06-05-2011, 01:55 PM

328 posts, read 603,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
And if sex leads to a baby, you'll sure be spending a lot of money then.
Look, you're a cool guy. But all this time you're spending worrying about "what if's" could be used to read a book, go outside and socialize, or do whatever it is you enjoy doing. You really shouldn't dwell on all these "what if's", especially if you're not putting yourself in those situations to begin with.

Live and let live, bro.

Old 06-05-2011, 02:02 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,672,998 times
IMO, withdrawal method is not only conditionally effective in terms of contraception and highly ineffective in terms of disease transmission control, it's also highly unpleasurable. Lose-lose, all around.

Old 06-05-2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasMJ View Post
Look, you're a cool guy. But all this time you're spending worrying about "what if's" could be used to read a book, go outside and socialize, or do whatever it is you enjoy doing. You really shouldn't dwell on all these "what if's", especially if you're not putting yourself in those situations to begin with.

Live and let live, bro.
The reason I don't put myself in these scenarios is because I think about the what if's.

I like to think someone through before I make a decision.

If I never thought about the what if's, I might have sex and end up with an unwanted baby. So I'm glad I thought about the what if's, because thinking of the what if's is what prevented me from being put in that undesirable scenario.

Old 06-05-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
IMO, withdrawal method is not only conditionally effective in terms of contraception and highly ineffective in terms of disease transmission control, it's also highly unpleasurable. Lose-lose, all around.
Exactly. I can only imagine pulling out right before you orgasm would take all the pleasure out of sex.

Old 06-05-2011, 02:05 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,311,477 times
Quote:
I never said people only have sex for procreation. I'm just saying sex can lead to procreation even if that's not what you intended.
Sex may result in an unwanted pregnancy
Eating may result in obesity or diabetes
Exercise may result in injury
Swimming may result in drowning
Crossing the street may result in getting hit by a car

Have a wonderful life.

Old 06-05-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
Sex may result in an unwanted pregnancy
Eating may result in obesity or diabetes
Exercise may result in injury
Swimming may result in drowning
Crossing the street may result in getting hit by a car

Have a wonderful life.
People that give me those counter-arguments don't understand just how devastated I would be if I had a baby.

And frankly, when someone gives me those counter-arguments, it shows they've run out of ideas and they're using ridiculous examples to try to prove me wrong.

Old 06-05-2011, 02:10 PM

Pulling out reminded me of something:

Someone posted a picture of himself with his baby on facebook. Another person left a comment saying "I told you to pull out"

and he commented back saying "I should have listened"

I was disgusted at how they were joking about such a serious matter. His life is ruined for the next 18+ years. That's hardly a joking matter.

Old 06-05-2011, 02:11 PM

328 posts, read 603,728 times
Quote:
The reason I don't put myself in these scenarios is because I think about the what if's.

I like to think someone through before I make a decision.

If I never thought about the what if's, I might have sex and end up with an unwanted baby. So I'm glad I thought about the what if's, because thinking of the what if's is what prevented me from being put in that undesirable scenario.
Well, you shouldn't try alcohol then. What if you're allergic? You could die! What if the airplane you're on crashes/get's hijacked by terrorists? Better not fly. What if a drunk driver runs a red light and hits you in the middle of an intersection? I guess you can't drive a car, either. What if a nuclear disaster happens around the world? The fallout would kill everyone on the planet. Well, I guess there's no point in trying to live your life, if that could happen.

Life itself is a big what if.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships