Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 10:20 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,649,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
If you consent to having sex with someone, you can't blame them for ANYTHING that comes of it. Period.

It was your choice to have sex with that person. You should have known they were lying/cheating/infected/psycho/sober/drunk/whatever BEFORE you hopped into bed with them.
In other words, some people (both male and female) are just being stupid and not taking precautionary methods seriously in order to prevent these disasters (not the children, the situations the parents put themselves in).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 10:48 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times
In the instances of unplanned pregnancies where I'm personally connected to the people involved, it's not been a matter of "Oooh, lemme trap this man!!" as both parties simply failing to take the appropriate precautions. More dumb than nefarious.

Old 05-31-2011, 11:50 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,059,397 times
Some are very lazy or evil and just wants to collect child support. Which is why a vasectomy is always recommended before sex or marriage.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:06 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,430,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Which is why a vasectomy is always recommended before sex or marriage.
Always huh

Damn I wouldn't be alive today.......

Each to his own my friend

Old 06-01-2011, 12:51 AM

129 posts, read 336,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
What is that all about?? I think doing something like that would be completely irresponsible, don't you think?? Why would someone do that?
It's called the **** retirement plan.

Moderator cut: No gender bashing, please.

Last edited by JustJulia; 06-01-2011 at 08:31 AM.. Reason: removed bashing

Old 06-01-2011, 01:56 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,074,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
oh please a woman "trapping a man" like the man shouldn't be responsible for his little swimmers. give me a break. if a man doesn't want to be a father he should make sure he protects himself
There are women out there who will purposely circumvent protection to get pregnant. That's more of a problem with the girls who hook up with celebs/athletes/musicians...but it can happen to the common man too.

Old 06-01-2011, 02:08 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,435,653 times
A man and a woman are both responsible for what they do and blaming others shows lack of responsibility. I know women who blame men for being pregnant with his 3rd child. Oh please, she allowed it and enjoyed it and that's all there is to it. I also know men who say the woman tricked them and ended up pregnant. Yeah right, unless she saved his condom after him throwing it away and then inserted the semen into her vagina without his knowledge, he is just as responsible as she is.

Old 06-01-2011, 02:19 AM

896 posts, read 1,854,536 times
It's obviously both a man and womans fault equally when something like this happens. The guys absolutely accountable as well. The original question was why women try to trap men like this and some of you are denying that this is even a possible mentality which is false. Some women do think that if they can get pregnant, he has to stay, and of course that's extremely short sighted as this guy probably will not care and will walk away from it all, without a thought. It's just women with low self esteem and/or sense of self worth, trying to attach themselves to a man by any possible means they can think of.

Old 06-01-2011, 02:29 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,435,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias C View Post
It's obviously both a man and womans fault equally when something like this happens. The guys absolutely accountable as well. The original question was why women try to trap men like this and some of you are denying that this is even a possible mentality which is false. Some women do think that if they can get pregnant, he has to stay, and of course that's extremely short sighted as this guy probably will not care and will walk away from it all, without a thought. It's just women with low self esteem and/or sense of self worth, trying to attach themselves to a man by any possible means they can think of.

I guess I might have missed the original question. You are right, this is common. I think it is a desperate attempt to keep a man in their life. But at the same time I cannot bring myself to judge these women, since most of the time they are doing it out of what they consider to be "love". At least I think this is why, since a lot of the men these women are trying to tie up are not wealthy or even very good catches. IMO.

Old 06-01-2011, 02:37 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,192,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
oh please a woman "trapping a man" like the man shouldn't be responsible for his little swimmers. give me a break. if a man doesn't want to be a father he should make sure he protects himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Which is why I think more men should get the snip.
It's called, 'No glove - No love!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships