Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2011, 10:03 AM

17,647 posts, read 22,675,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I guess God must've not been stuck in snow around the Big Hole as I was for 8 hours.
Big Hole, what you mean? Grand Canyon or Flagstaff??

Old 08-04-2011, 10:04 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,230,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Big Hole, what you mean? Grand Canyon or Flagstaff??
There's only one big hole around here - GC.

Old 08-04-2011, 10:07 AM

2,650 posts, read 3,015,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Goodbyes, I don't do well.
Already have email from her. Not sure what to make of that. Clearly I could revisit the situation and I have grown rather fond of her. There was a spark and a connection. That then ignited..... I was kinda looking forward to traveling. My entire life can be packed in a bag now save for a few family heirlooms in storage. I owe nothing and I have a lot of money. I can go anywhere I want and do anything I want. The truth is I don't know what I want specifically but I know I'm really looking forward to putting stamps in that passport. Outside of that there is the bringing sand to the beach factor. I have never had any problem with women. I have no game, no mad skills, but they always seem to be around and available. I thought of taking her with me but she has her own job and life and who would drop everything just to travel for some months with no particular end in sight? Plus there are so many and that sand to the beach thing.... Then again I really miss her. Sigh.

Old 08-04-2011, 10:13 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,640,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Sometimes, nah - OFTEN, when I pop my head in here, I feel like Alice through the looking glass and my head hurts. The non-sequiturs jumble my already feeble/old brain, not to mention that in one night, there are 5 or more pages of posts! Dayum, you people are too fast for me.
Oh, Alice ...
In the wasteland
On the way to the Red Queen...
It's no wonder our stage clothes
Have dreams to be famous.
The trees in the courtyard
Are painted in blood,
So I've heard.
She hangs the headless
Upside down to drain.

EAT ME, DRINK ME
This is only a game,
This is only a game

(Marilyn Manson, EAT ME, DRINK ME)

Old 08-04-2011, 10:23 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,640,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
Already have email from her. Not sure what to make of that. Clearly I could revisit the situation and I have grown rather fond of her. There was a spark and a connection. That then ignited..... I was kinda looking forward to traveling. My entire life can be packed in a bag now save for a few family heirlooms in storage. I owe nothing and I have a lot of money. I can go anywhere I want and do anything I want. The truth is I don't know what I want specifically but I know I'm really looking forward to putting stamps in that passport. Outside of that there is the bringing sand to the beach factor. I have never had any problem with women. I have no game, no mad skills, but they always seem to be around and available. I thought of taking her with me but she has her own job and life and who would drop everything just to travel for some months with no particular end in sight? Plus there are so many and that sand to the beach thing.... Then again I really miss her. Sigh.
I would imagine there are many women who would jump at a chance like that. Unfortunately, they aren't her - I know how it is.

Or is it? Have you mentioned it? You might be surprised - most women, as well as most men, lead lives of quiet desperation. Sometimes it's the rude slap upside the head, the gift from places unknown, that serves to really wake us up.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:12 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,451,290 times
Quote:
Damn. Sorry, Temp. At least you had some fun...

No, it's okay. I was actually going to let him loose myself if he didn't. I've met super handsome men before and let them loose without thinking twice. This one was more so than the rest, so I enjoyed him a little more. But he was going into the recycle bin, nonetheless.

Quote:
I just got a rep on a very old post, which made me think of my dear near-future com-statetriot (I just made up a word!) WF.

WF, that's for you!

Ode To Arizona

The Devil wanted a place on earth.
Sort of a summer home:
A place to spend his vacation
Whenever he wanted to roam.

So he picked out Arizona.
A place both wretched and rough.
Here the climate was to his liking
And the cowboys were hardened and tough.

He dried up the streams in the canyons
and ordered no rain to fall:
He dried up the lakes in the valleys,
Then baked and scorched it all.

Then over his barren desert
He transplanted shrubs from Hell.
The cactus, thistle and prickly pear --
The climate suited them well.

Now, the home was much to his liking.
But animal life, he had none:
So he created crawling creatures
That all mankind would shun.

First he made the rattlesnake.
With its forked poisonous tongue:
Taught it to strike and rattle
And how to swallow its young.

Then he made Scorpions and Lizards
And the ugly old Horned Toad.
He placed spiders of every description
Under rocks by the side of the road.

Then he ordered the sun to shine hotter.
Hotter and hotter still.
Until even the cactus wilted
And the old Horned Toad looked ill.

Then he gazed on his earthly kingdom.
As any creator would:
He chuckled a little up his sleeve
And admitted that it was good.

'Twas summer now and Satan lay
By a prickly pear to rest.
The sweat rolled off his wearthy brow.
So he took off his coat and vest.

"By Golly," he finally panted
"I did my job too well.
I'm going back where I came from
Arizona is hotter than Hell!"

Funny Jokes, Funny Pictures, Videos and Comics

Haha.

And I think it's in vogue to make up new words, like Sarah Palin.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
I would imagine there are many women who would jump at a chance like that. Unfortunately, they aren't her - I know how it is.

Or is it? Have you mentioned it? You might be surprised - most women, as well as most men, lead lives of quiet desperation. Sometimes it's the rude slap upside the head, the gift from places unknown, that serves to really wake us up.
I agree. When I was with my ex, I don't believe I mentioned it to him, but I really wanted us to travel together. This old town wasn't big enough for the both of us.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:19 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,230,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
No, it's okay. I was actually going to let him loose myself if he didn't. I've met super handsome met before and let them loose without thinking twice. This one was more so than the rest, so I enjoyed him a little more. But he was going into the recycle bin, nonetheless.
That's a great ability to have! I have very hard time with that!

Quote:
And I think it's in vogue to make up new words, like Sarah Palin.
Seriously, is there a word like "compatriot," but referring to people from the same state?

Old 08-04-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:

Seriously, is there a word like "compatriot," but referring to people from the same state?

That's a good question. Maybe someone else will know. I googled it and all I got was " people" : The citizens of a state. There might be someone else who knows something about this?

Old 08-04-2011, 01:38 PM

19,436 posts, read 15,284,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Love Pulp Fiction. I just watched Jackie Brown the other day for the umpteenth time. I was a fan of QT ever since Reservoir Dogs. I'm hoping he goes back to those type movies instead of the campy comic book stuff he's been doing lately.
We've got that movie, too. I'm starting to think we have quite the movie collection...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Sometimes, nah - OFTEN, when I pop my head in here, I feel like Alice through the looking glass and my head hurts. The non-sequiturs jumble my already feeble/old brain, not to mention that in one night, there are 5 or more pages of posts! Dayum, you people are too fast for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships