Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2011, 07:38 PM

52,418 posts, read 52,935,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Just be careful.

Take it from one who has made that journey, at least half-way. It's addictive. It changes your thinking about everything, and I mean EVERYTHING.

Hell, now I only go out with chicks who are under 5'2" and have smaller than size 3 waists - THAT'S how addictive that down-scaling stuff can be!

Seriously - it does change the way you look at, and live, life. Just today, walking to the store 1-1/2 miles away in 92-degree weather to get a quart of milk, I was meditating upon how softly I could step so as not to leave a trace or a sound. I enjoyed the birds singing, the stray dog that came up to me smiling (for which I rewarded him with a long petting session), the squirrels who did their break-dances on the sidewalk in front of me ... I was aware of the wind and sun on my face (and my bare dome); I was hooked-into the System, the Tao.

It was nice.

And when I got "home" to my monk's cell, I had a nice cup of coffee and a bowl of rice, and never ONCE worried about what seemingly 95% of the US population worries about.

It was very nice.

I proceeded to teach my private student for two hours, then went and played Frisbee and had some wine and cheese with my ladyfriend in the park by the river.

It was friggin' fantastic.

I end the night by talking on C-D and remembering an innocent time in my life, enjoying the electronic company of my friends and anticipating the lunacy of threads to come.

The simple life - get it; you won't regret it.
Sounds nice there monkman.........

Old 07-17-2011, 07:39 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,606,712 times
Quote:
Just be careful.

Take it from one who has made that journey, at least half-way. It's addictive. It changes your thinking about everything, and I mean EVERYTHING.

Hell, now I only go out with chicks who are under 5'2" and have smaller than size 3 waists - THAT'S how addictive that down-scaling stuff can be!

Seriously - it does change the way you look at, and live, life. Just today, walking to the store 1-1/2 miles away in 92-degree weather to get a quart of milk, I was meditating upon how softly I could step so as not to leave a trace or a sound. I enjoyed the birds singing, the stray dog that came up to me smiling (for which I rewarded him with a long petting session), the squirrels who did their break-dances on the sidewalk in front of me ... I was aware of the wind and sun on my face (and my bare dome); I was hooked-into the System, the Tao.

It was nice.

And when I got "home" to my monk's cell, I had a nice cup of coffee and a bowl of rice, and never ONCE worried about what seemingly 95% of the US population worries about.

It was very nice.

I proceeded to teach my private student for two hours, then went and played Frisbee and had some wine and cheese with my ladyfriend in the park by the river.

I end the night by talking on C-D and remembering an innocent time in my life, enjoying the electronic company of my friends and anticipating the lunacy of threads to come.

<Sing along!>
[SIZE=5]- Mr. Roger's Neighborhood [/SIZE]
[LEFT]It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood,
A beautiful day for a neighbor,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?

It's a neighborly day in this beautywood,
A neighborly day for a beauty,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?

I have always wanted to have a neighbor just like you,
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.

So let's make the most of this beautiful day,
Since we're together, we might as well say,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?

Won't you please,
Won't you please,
Please won't you be my neighbor?

Spoken: Hi television neighbor, I'm glad we're together again....
[/LEFT]

Old 07-17-2011, 07:42 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,606,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Do I really need to whip out my 42cms to show you up...

Oh wait..
Oh great, now I have to get the conversion chart to see if this is an insult.

Old 07-17-2011, 07:43 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,660,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yes, Roku player and many game consoles, and DVR's have wireless capabilities.......

It's how you get movie off of the internet into your TV......

Roku Streaming Player | Watch Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Video, and MLB.TV on Roku Player
See, that might be overkill for me - I just want to watch movies that I already have on the laptop, and of course see 6" wide emoticons on C-D.

I was thinking more like what justthe6ofus mentioned - a direct link, no Net, but wireless.

Old 07-17-2011, 07:45 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,684,584 times
I think many people have downscaled some by choice and others out of need (my case)! It truely is freeing in alot of ways...just eliminates alot of bull$#@% and opens you up to what is important!Wish I realized it sooner!

Old 07-17-2011, 07:45 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,318,566 times
Quote:
I'm kind of with Sierra when it comes to tech things
I have an excuse - I don't have a man. What's yours?

Old 07-17-2011, 07:48 PM

19,468 posts, read 15,340,090 times
Quote:
Just be careful.

It was nice.

It was very nice.

Some of the best parts of my day are when I let the cat out in the courtyard after he's eaten. I'll either stand in the doorway or go outside with him and sit on the planter. It's usually very still and quiet. Cool in the morning, or sunny and with a warm breeze in the afternoon. Sunlight dappling. Leaves rustling in the trees. I can smell the plants. I can hear sounds in the distance. Very peaceful. I feel very aware during those moments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
You all know you can just plug your computer into your TV and watch it that way?

We've used Netflix (the $7.99 streaming only plan) and we rent on itunes and I just hook my computer up to the TV and watch it that way.
Yeah, we have a Roku box hooked up to our TV (and Netflix). We love it. We're never without something to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I was born in 61 in NYC...could I have that good of a memory???Can't remember what I had for breakfast!
You must have been an overachiever as a child.

Old 07-17-2011, 07:49 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,047,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Oh great, now I have to get the conversion chart to see if this is an insult.
Just did some quick Google math

42 centimeters is approximately 16.54 inches.

So in terms of TV, it's not an insult.

Old 07-17-2011, 07:50 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,995,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I have an excuse - I don't have a man. What's yours?
He doesn't have a man?

Old 07-17-2011, 07:51 PM

52,418 posts, read 52,935,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Just did some quick Google math

42 centimeters is approximately 16.54 inches.

So in terms of TV, it's not an insult.

Yeah, but it would be a hell of a schwanz......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships