Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 11:55 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,005,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
I may end up hitting the gym just to at least try to improve my body, even if I still don't like my face. I did weightlift regularly (4 times a week) in my early 20's, but I could only really bulk up in my arms at the time. I did manage to get up to around 220lbs in weight though. Since I have a super-fast metabolism even in my 30's, eating a lot and eating regularly would also be my only hope to try to look more proportioned.

I don't know if it would improve my chances with women, but it might at least instill some confidence and would wear me out sufficiently so that I could sleep without having to drink alcohol to relax me.
You want to bulk up? - low reps, high weight. Do compound exercises only - Squat, bent-over-rows with a barbell, military press, bench press. After you've bulked up the major muscles, then spend some time on the biceps and triceps. Believe me, you do those compound exercises and you will hit all the major and minor muscle groups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It has been proven, and discussed in the media. The majority of law school students now are women too. Nationwide the majority of undergrad college students are women.
Guess that means, the majority of women law school students are also unemployed as recent articles indicate 65% of the graduating law school class can not find employment. Also, by your corollary and proven fact - the future classes of college graduates who are women will be under/un-employed, right? Perhaps, more women are attending college because in general there is a far higher proportion of women who reach age 18 than boys and more girls are carried to term and birth than males.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
It’s not only women but men who can also be seen expecting a lot from their partner. Like you said, generally speaking, women will have high standards when it comes to a man’s economic status but men may have high standards when it comes to a woman’s looks. There are exceptions of course for both men and women.
I'll tell you a few criteria I expected from the future Mrs.:

1) Has a brain and could use it appropriately as the situation dictates - everyone has a brain, not everyone knows how to use it.

2) Has ambition - you could be working in a diner, but if all you aspire to do is sit on your tush, paint your toe nails, gossip, watch tv or shop while the man brought home the bacon, then you are not for me. If you do aspire to move ahead in life, two people pulling at the oars in sync will move farther ahead than one guy pulling the oars while the other weighs the anchor.

3) Has empathy/sympathy - those with empathy for others will usually show some for their partner when life inevitably shows up. Life is not one big high, there are bumps along the way. You need someone to be there for you when that time shows up. You don't want someone who is there for the "good times only".

Notice of the top 3 things I looked for - looks weren't mentioned once and no, I did not marry an ogre.

If you are superficial, stop and start to look beyond it - substance over matter, wins all the time.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:37 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,276,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmlyBklyn View Post
Notice of the top 3 things I looked for - looks weren't mentioned once and no, I did not marry an ogre.

If you are superficial, stop and start to look beyond it - substance over matter, wins all the time.
Nice .

Like I said, there are always exceptions. I had a relationship with a physically challenged girl but can't really say all men/women would be totally fine with a relationship like that.

Old 07-16-2012, 02:06 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,686,307 times
Everybody in a relationship wants to believe that his or her partner is picky to some degree. If somebody says you are smart or funny or good-looking or sexy or any number of good things, you're not going to respond, "Ugh, you're so picky." Pickiness is one of those things that's only bad for those outside, looking in.

Women's "pickiness" is only looked down on when she's refusing someone's attention. If she didn't have standards at all and slept with everybody, then she wouldn't be picky enough. What's weird is when you hear both complaints from the same people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships