Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 02:26 PM

29,753 posts, read 34,434,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
Dunno, that's why I'm asking.

You mentioned hygienic issues and, yes, I would think those would a turnoff. But even then, many men who 'reek of ciggy smoke', who don't take daily showers, who don't maintain their hair, skin, etc. have women... even decent-looking women at that. I was thinking more along the lines of the OP's personality, mannerisms, expressions, etc. but carry on...
Aside from hygiene, say a guy takes advice and goes to a coffee shop to put himself out there. But then he sits in the corner, rarely looking up from his laptop, or if he does, he stares too long. Maybe he doesn't smile or engage in conversation with anyone. Those are signals that say to anyone in the area, "Do Not Enter."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2012, 02:27 PM

2,615 posts, read 5,404,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Come on now

Seriously, how do you expect anyone else to like you, much less love you, if you can't like and love yourself??
I don't. I gave up trying to like myself quite some time ago. If you'd dealt with what I've dealt with, you'd feel the same way.

Hopefully it'll be better in the next life. I gave up on this one long ago.

Old 07-14-2012, 02:27 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,784,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Aside from hygiene, say a guy takes advice and goes to a coffee shop to put himself out there. But then he sits in the corner, rarely looking up from his laptop, or if he does, he stares too long. Maybe he doesn't smile or engage in conversation with anyone. Those are signals that say to anyone in the area, "Do Not Enter."
Another excellent point - many guys are putting out vibes and signals they may not even be aware of that pushes women away or repels them in general.

Old 07-14-2012, 02:29 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,784,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
I don't. I gave up trying to like myself quite some time ago. If you'd dealt with what I've dealt with, you'd feel the same way.

Hopefully it'll be better in the next life. I gave up on this one long ago.
That's sad.

Consider getting some professional help, life doesn't have to be so damn miserable all the time.

Old 07-14-2012, 02:29 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,807,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Another excellent point - many guys are putting out vibes and signals they may not even be aware of that pushes women away or repels them in general.
So what should men do that would NOT push women away when they are in a cafe, restaurant, etc. Tell me what I should do because I am going to test this out soon... just for fun. Just for the hell of it.

Old 07-14-2012, 02:33 PM

40,955 posts, read 49,242,733 times
Standards ?

Nope it's usually the men. Many men who are 3 & 4's think they are 8 & 9's.

Did you know there are more women in college now then men ?

Old 07-14-2012, 02:34 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,012,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Women want men who are capable of supporting themselves, are psychologically healthy, honest, and affectionate, are able to eat with a knife, fork, and spoon, and don't drool, can help around the house, keep them warm at night, and who can find their way out of a paper bag. Those are the basics. Most everything else are optional frills.
Well I drool in my sleep. I guess women were able to read that when I was talking to them.

Old 07-14-2012, 02:34 PM

7 posts, read 31,807 times
I suck in this department ! Got a divorce after 30 yrs and im 46 ........... Doesnt say much for me !

Old 07-14-2012, 02:37 PM

2,615 posts, read 5,404,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
So what should men do that would NOT push women away when they are in a cafe, restaurant, etc. Tell me what I should do because I am going to test this out soon... just for fun. Just for the hell of it.
Haha, do it and post the results here. I'm guessing it won't be a post along the lines of the hot chick who thinks she's ugly "mean girl" post in which she got several numbers....if I did that, the only number involved would be 911 when women call the fuzz to complain about an ugly dude with confidence attempting to pick up chicks.

Old 07-14-2012, 02:37 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,807,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Women want men who are capable of supporting themselves, are psychologically healthy, honest, and affectionate, are able to eat with a knife, fork, and spoon, and don't drool, can help around the house, keep them warm at night, and who can find their way out of a paper bag. Those are the basics. Most everything else are optional frills.
Yeah, well, the 'basics' these days simply are not good enough. Women have much higher demands than just the 'basics'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships