Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 02:58 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,952,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
From this guy's awful experience with women here, They matter a whole lot more than women on here want to believe.

But I live in a town full of married women and elderly. My experiences are going to be skewed.
It not where you live, it's where you WORK! When you are working...I mean REALLY working...T&A is the last thing on your mind! "Back up...back the f*** up!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2012, 03:00 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,849,754 times
Quote:
From this guy's awful experience with women here, They matter a whole lot more than women on here want to believe.

But I live in a town full of married women and elderly. My experiences are going to be skewed.
Looks do matter more than some people are letting on, but other things can compensate if you aren't very attractive. For instance confidence and swagger can usually compensate to a certain extent(it won't do miracles though if you are very unattractive). Occupation and income can compensate as well. The point is that looks don't have to matter too much if you other things that can compensate.

Edited to add: But if you are an unattractive guy, with a job that barely pays enough to live, and you aren't very confident, then yes your going to have to get it together. If you are an unattractive guy, with a job that barely pays enough to live, but you are confident and you have swagger, you won't pull 8's, 9's or 10's, but you can certainly pull 5's, 6's, 7's if you have good "game"(hate saying the word but don't know how else to describe it). If you are an unattractive guy, with an occupation that pays a lot, with an income in the six figure range, and you are not confident, you will be able to pull women, just not the very attractive ones(8's, 9's, 10's). However if you are an unattractive male with a good occupation, very good income, confident and you have swagger, you can pull very attractive women. I see it all the time.

Last edited by sunkisses87; 07-14-2012 at 03:09 PM..

Old 07-14-2012, 03:04 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,040,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Again, looks only matter as much as you allow yourself to believe they matter.

Truly the best thing guys who have had nothing but bad experiences can do is poll their most trusted friends and family members to figure out what they are doing wrong.

It is statistically impossible to fail all the time with all woman.

If that is happening, Houston we've got a problem.

The guys job is to be honest enough with himself to figure out what the problem is and attack it, not the women of the world
Yeah I can ask them what they did: they married early, most of them right out of high school.

Looks like I'm a crazy statistic then, at least in my area. Struck out with every woman I've approached in the past few years. And no, I didn't approach a specific "type" of woman, I approached all types of women, women I was attracted to. I did strike out with them all.

I don't blame a single woman. I have never blamed them, and I never will. The problem is obviously me and anything/everything I do or have done. And I've stopped approaching women all together. It's not worth my time and ego to be shot down at every single turn I make.

Old 07-14-2012, 03:06 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,897,856 times
Quote:
Yeah I can ask them what they did: they married early, most of them right out of high school.

Looks like I'm a crazy statistic then, at least in my area. Struck out with every woman I've approached in the past few years. And no, I didn't approach a specific "type" of woman, I approached all types of women, women I was attracted to. I did strike out with them all.

I don't blame a single woman. I have never blamed them, and I never will. The problem is obviously me and anything/everything I do or have done. And I've stopped approaching women all together. It's not worth my time and ego to be shot down at every single turn I make.
Have you considered moving?

The pool of available women may just be too small where you are.

Wouldn't it be great if that turned out to be your only problem?

Old 07-14-2012, 03:08 PM

Quote:

No brother, the best feeling is not caring anymore. They can't change you and you won't let them. If you need to be changed to get said woman, she's not worth the effort. It's worth thousands to let them keep asking you why you are single. Well, because most of you are too dumb to see what you could have. There's only one loser here. It's not me!

Old 07-14-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Have you considered moving?

The pool of available women may just be too small where you are.

Wouldn't it be great if that turned out to be your only problem?
Yup. Think about it all the time. Problem is I'm stuck here for a while. There needs to be some things that I have to get through(most of them are no fault of my own) before I can really think about going somewhere else.

It's probably not my only problem. But it'd be nice to believe.

Old 07-14-2012, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Yup. Think about it all the time. Problem is I'm stuck here for a while. There needs to be some things that I have to get through(most of them are no fault of my own) before I can really think about going somewhere else.

It's probably not my only problem. But it'd be nice to believe.
I wouldn't change a thing. That's what they want you to do. Mold you into what they want or what they like. That's just too damn bad. I'm playing myself. The other characters are of no interest to me. Keep their pansy girly men out of my way in the mean time!

Steve McQueen - Bullitt - YouTube

Old 07-14-2012, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOne View Post
No brother, the best feeling is not caring anymore. They can't change you and you won't let them. If you need to be changed to get said woman, she's not worth the effort. It's worth thousands to let them keep asking you why you are single. Well, because most of you are too dumb to see what you could have. There's only one loser here. It's not me!
At the end of the day, women in this area can easily find a guy to go home with. I think the single men out number the single women by a large margin, and that allows women to be infinitely more picky. Or they are attracted to men who have problems: fathering multiple kids from multiple women, binge drinker, always unemployed. I saw that a lot too. Call me old fashioned, but I stayed away from drug problems and was always safe.

Old 07-14-2012, 03:34 PM

Quote:
At the end of the day, women in this area can easily find a guy to go home with. I think the single men out number the single women by a large margin, and that allows women to be infinitely more picky. Or they are attracted to men who have problems: fathering multiple kids from multiple women, binge drinker, always unemployed. I saw that a lot too. Call me old fashioned, but I stayed away from drug problems and was always safe.
Well, I have the same problem here. There are ten men for every 0.5 single women in my age bracket. Sure, you could hook up with a trainwreck. Who needs and wants that. The same as the plug ugly farmers daughter that HE will pay you to take her off his hands. To hell with that. Just stay on your own path. Sooner or later you'll find one that doesn't have s*** for brains.

Old 07-14-2012, 03:52 PM

You have to be happy with yourself first Frog. If you are stuck in between identities yourself, how is a woman supposed to figure out which one you are? Worse yet, make a wrong guess as to which one. I've had many who were physically attracted to me walk off and shut down as soon as they learned about my occupation. Some have done it on hobbies too. What, you think guys like me make all this s*** up or something? Get real, and get down the road. You are letting them date you Frog. It's not the other way around. I had a hooker jump on my truck in a bad neighborhood once and ask me if I wanted to party. I told her that depends. She said depends on what? I told her how much she is willing to pay ME?!?! LMAO That's how it works Frog. You are the prize. If they are honest with themselves they can see it too. It shows when some 1-3 thinks men like me should foam at the mouth because they have a vag and boobs. Yeah, I like 'em, just not from you. I don't need your problems in my life either. Keep it moving!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships