Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 01:42 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,980,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Im a 3 or 4 on the looks scale if that (in my opinion) and I have approached 9s and 10s (usually because I lost a bet or am dared to by my friends) and have been told to shove it, the conversation never goes well

Hell the conversation doesnt go well even if the girl is on the same level of looks I am

I dont even approach in a sleazy way, I try to be nice and respectful which leads me to believe girls run the other way at "nice" guys too
This could have nothing to do with your looks and everything to do with your approach, especially because you say it happens with women you view as being "on your same level".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2012, 01:44 PM

2,615 posts, read 5,418,848 times
Yes

Old 07-14-2012, 01:46 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,630,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Women want men who are capable of supporting themselves, are psychologically healthy, honest, and affectionate, are able to eat with a knife, fork, and spoon, and don't drool, can help around the house, keep them warm at night, and who can find their way out of a paper bag. Those are the basics. Most everything else are optional frills.
All of which you listed are thigns I'm capable of and yet I'm chronically single still

Old 07-14-2012, 01:48 PM

102,368 posts, read 108,666,141 times
Quote:
I dont even approach in a sleazy way, I try to be nice and respectful which leads me to believe girls run the other way at "nice" guys too
Wrong conclusion. As I always say, the best approach is the non-approach. Be light and casual. Talk to women anywhere--at the gym, the grocery store check-out line, at concerts. Keep it light and breezy. Gauge by her response whether to continue. Join activity groups: hobby groups, hiking groups, yoga (lots of women), etc. In venues like that you'll have a chance to get to know them, and for them to get to know you, before you make a move. 4's can make themselves attractive by being interesting, funny, thoughtful and intelligent. Getting results will take time. Be patient, but get yourself out there as much as possible. There are plenty of married 4's. Give it time. Hedge your bets by getting out as much as possible. Art galleries have receptions free to the public when they open a show. Volunteer at the museum, if you're the intellectual type.

Rather than drawing false conclusions about women (they don't like nice guys), get out there where you can get to know women before you ask them out, and they can get to know you. And don't believe everything you hear about women.

Old 07-14-2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:
All of which you listed are thigns I'm capable of and yet I'm chronically single still
Well, there's a disconnect somewhere, something you are doing wrong.

Instead of wasting your energy looking for excuses and blaming women for your failures with them, try actually DOING something to get to the bottom of the problem.

Start by asking those you are closest to, people you really trust, to be brutally honest with you about what THEY see when they look at you and observe you around women.

Then be quick to fix the things they tell you they see need fixing.

Old 07-14-2012, 01:53 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,628,700 times
Quote:
Is it just me or am I the only one who's noticed that a lot of the 8s 9s and 10s are perpetually single, constantly have stank ass looks on their faces and even though they are constantly complaining about being single they tell pretty much any interested man to "f*ck off"

The 6s and 7s only want to date the hottest guys (the same guys who are told to shove it by the 8s 9s 10s)

And the 1s thru 5s seem to date the average to above average looking guys and they treat these guys like they're less than dirt

And the average to below average looking guys like me, NO women will date them

Its just I constantly hear about how women want a man to spoil them, take care of them, be drop dead gorgeous, drive this car, make this much money and a lot of these women are 5'6 or less, weigh 220+ lbs, dont work, dont have a car, what makes them think they deserve wealthy good looking sugar daddies?

Does anybody else agree womens standards are too high these days
No women will date you, but not because of anything you mention in your post, but because your attitude is that no women will date you. Next time, when you go out, try to think that every woman should be lucky enough to date you, and charm the panties off of the hottest woman you can find.

Old 07-14-2012, 01:59 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,810,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Well, there's a disconnect somewhere, something you are doing wrong.

Instead of wasting your energy looking for excuses and blaming women for your failures with them, try actually DOING something to get to the bottom of the problem.

Start by asking those you are closest to, people you really trust, to be brutally honest with you about what THEY see when they look at you and observe you around women.

Then be quick to fix the things they tell you they see need fixing.
What could he possibly be doing wrong?

Old 07-14-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
What could he possibly be doing wrong?
Numerous things.

He needs people who actually know him to be honest with him about what they see.

Old 07-14-2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
No women will date you, but not because of anything you mention in your post, but because your attitude is that no women will date you. Next time, when you go out, try to think that every woman should be lucky enough to date you, and charm the panties off of the hottest woman you can find.
Yep - it could be as simple as that.

Old 07-14-2012, 02:08 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,810,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Numerous things.

He needs people who actually know him to be honest with him about what they see.
Examples?

What could someone - who is 'nice', thoughtful, decent, doesn't use crappy 'pickup' lines, etc. - be doing 'wrong' if he is approaching women and simply saying hello and introducing himself in a non-threatening manner?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships