Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 09:22 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,939,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You're 25 years old. You had sex with a guy you knew for 2 days. I'm guessing this happens oh, roughly...ALL THE TIME. Should you have waited until you knew more? Of course. Everyone knows the answer to that question. But obviously, lots of people cave. Some regret it, some don't. I had sex with a guy after our first date...many years ago, and I married him many years later. Should I have waited? If I had...would I have my son today?

There are no guarantees in life or in relationships. You may have many tomorrows in front of you, or you may have 5. So you have to take it as it comes, and do the best that you can. If you know you made a mistake, then you try to learn from it, and not repeat it. Use your gut. Pay attention. And for gosh sakes, stop living in fear. Being afraid of getting hurt is just silly. You ARE going to get hurt...at some point, by somebody...or some thing, and more than once! Surely you don't want to dig a hole and climb in, do ya?? LIVE. LOVE. And CRY if you need to. But for gosh sakes...get out there and enjoy life. You only get one!

YEP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2011, 09:23 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,201,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Then learn from them honey!

And ask yourself right now WHY you haven't already done that.

WHY are you sabbatoging yourself?

A mistake is doubly worse when you don't learn from it
Its is often a sign of being very dependent on the opinions and behavior of others.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:25 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,427,096 times
Quote:
You're 25 years old. You had sex with a guy you knew for 2 days. I'm guessing this happens oh, roughly...ALL THE TIME. Should you have waited until you knew more? Of course. Everyone knows the answer to that question. But obviously, lots of people cave. Some regret it, some don't. I had sex with a guy after our first date...many years ago, and I married him many years later. Should I have waited? If I had...would I have my son today?

There are no guarantees in life or in relationships. You may have many tomorrows in front of you, or you may have 5. So you have to take it as it comes, and do the best that you can. If you know you made a mistake, then you try to learn from it, and not repeat it. Use your gut. Pay attention. And for gosh sakes, stop living in fear. Being afraid of getting hurt is just silly. You ARE going to get hurt...at some point, by somebody...or some thing, and more than once! Surely you don't want to dig a hole and climb in, do ya?? LIVE. LOVE. And CRY if you need to. But for gosh sakes...get out there and enjoy life. You only get one!
No, this does NOT happen all the time. But to be honest, I'm afraid that he thinks I'll sleep with any guy and therefore, not stick around. You're right, I can't keep living in fear, but I made a terrible mistake that I'm afraid blew something that could have been good. It was a mistake I could have controlled but I didn't and its making me very sad.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:27 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,488,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
No, this does NOT happen all the time. But to be honest, I'm afraid that he thinks I'll sleep with any guy and therefore, not stick around. You're right, I can't keep living in fear, but I made a terrible mistake that I'm afraid blew something that could have been good. It was a mistake I could have controlled but I didn't and its making me very sad.
Listen to the good advice that is being given to you. STOP over-thinking and over-analyzing. You're sabotaging yourself with a relationship that might just be the right guy for you. Also stop living in fear. If you live in fear, you never live. I hope you can enjoy this new relationship and go where it may then stopping it before it ever happened. See where it goes.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:28 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,939,600 times
Quote:
The mistakes that hurt us the most are usually the ones we can learn the most from

EVERYBODY makes mistakes honey, so quit beating yourself up now. What's done is done and all you can do is vow to do better next time.

And as Lion said, don't be so sure he "got what he wanted" and will move on. You might just luck up and have a guy there who sees enough in you to stick around and see what develops.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:29 PM

37,777 posts, read 46,273,948 times
Quote:
No, this does NOT happen all the time. .
I assure you that it DOES.

I wasn't talking about YOU. That was my point. You have LOTS of company!! Stop wallowing in such a self-made pity party. Life is far too short!

Old 06-07-2011, 09:32 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,474,490 times
You just can't negative thoughts run in your head like this. The fact is you don't know if its a mistake or not, so don't treat it like one.
Me and my fiance got involved before we really knew each other that deeply. I don't regret it and neither does she. Its now history, history we share.
Don't think about it as a mistake. No guy wants to think he was some mistake.

Just get back to being yourself. Good luck and hope some of what I said made sense.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:34 PM

13,630 posts, read 21,447,611 times
Quote:
you have a good point. I don't know if he thinks I'm something worth keeping around yet. We're both in our 20's and he's very attractive, could probably get any girl he wants so who knows. Then again, he chose to spend all weekend with me and not some other girl he could have had.
You are not the first girl to post almost the same remark. Insecurity about a guy who is hot and why would he stay with you if he can get others. And the others I saw post the same insecure question were good looking girls just ike you are. But that didn't register because he is hot and there for might go for someone else so is the thought process.

I just have to say this shows how a good looking guy can have power over a girl even when she herself is good looking and how a guys looks do matter and the his ability to foster competition.

So the girl goes into deep analyzation and fosters up her insecurities. And I am not saying you, but in reverse if the guy doesn't give her reason to second guess ( nice guy) some girls are then put off by him being too safe of a catch.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:41 PM

Quote:
I assure you that it DOES.

I wasn't talking about YOU. That was my point. You have LOTS of company!! Stop wallowing in such a self-made pity party. Life is far too short!
haha, ok, I misread you. I agree, life is too short, but sometimes I let my fears get the best of me.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
You just can't negative thoughts run in your head like this. The fact is you don't know if its a mistake or not, so don't treat it like one.
Me and my fiance got involved before we really knew each other that deeply. I don't regret it and neither does she. Its now history, history we share.
Don't think about it as a mistake. No guy wants to think he was some mistake.

Just get back to being yourself. Good luck and hope some of what I said made sense.
thank you, it made a lot of sense. and no, he's not a mistake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships