Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 11:17 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,653,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
It was funny. So why do people who have sex get labeled as loose? Personally it doesn't matter to me much in either case. I don't care if you don't sleep with anyone before marriage, why do you care if I do?

BTW, everyone gets labeled one way or another, regarding one thing or another. You might as well get used to it.

This is the answer to which I was referring:

Because what you are saying right there is that you know the right way for everyone else to live their lives.

I would never be so presumptious to tell you go and have sex, it's what I do, and it works quite well for me, so you need to do it too.

Your views don't work for me. Live your life the way you want, and leave others to do the same.

I lived with my husband before marriage, and we were together 18 years until he died. I have sex with my SO, pre-marital obviously and am quite content with that.
actually your answer has been one of the best so far. Some of the other answers from other posters were just attacks

Old 06-07-2011, 11:25 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,219,797 times
Who cares what others think about your lifestyle choices? As long as you're strong in your beliefs it shouldn't matter if you're labeled a "prude." There are a lot worse things you can be labeled.

I wasn't particularly fond of a religious leader at my school judging me for spending the night with my girlfriend at the time. I was mad at first, but then I realized his opinion shouldn't really matter to me.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:29 PM

13,618 posts, read 21,423,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Are you kidding me? You tell people that they are living their lives wrong - and you call them judgemental when they disagree with you?

I don't mind people posting their opinions and maybe even being judgmental with me. Say what you think, if it has weight and sense you might persuade me. At the least it was a debate and everybody walks away thinking the same they did.

But to the question at heart. What is considered the ultimate success or failure?

Two who have sex before marriage but end up being together for life or two who wait by traditional code yet hate each other and separate in the end? Did waiting and getting married bring unconditional security?

Old 06-07-2011, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
Who cares what others think about your lifestyle choices? As long as you're strong in your beliefs it shouldn't matter if you're labeled a "prude." There are a lot worse things you can be labeled.

I wasn't particularly fond of a religious leader at my school judging me for spending the night with my girlfriend at the time. I was mad at first, but then I realized his opinion shouldn't really matter to me.
True enough.

Sorry to say this, but I don't think that pastor was judging you. Many times people mistake advice for judgment. Anways, neither me nor that pastor or anyone on this earth have the right to judge because we must look out for ourselves.

I just wouldn't choose it for myself because of the consequences that follow, even with "protection"

Old 06-07-2011, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I don't mind people posting their opinions and maybe even being judgmental with me. Say what you think, if it has weight and sense you might persuade me. At the least it was a debate and everybody walks away thinking the same they did.

But to the question at heart. What is considered the ultimate success or failure?

Two who have sex before marriage but end up being together for life or two who wait by traditional code yet hate each other and separate in the end? Did waiting and getting married bring unconditional security?
I realize that the situation in your last paragraph CAN happen, but it's not really typical. Anyone can separate whether they followed tradtional code or not. Same goes for being together forever. However, most of the time, I hear stories of people who did not follow the code ended up regretting it later. Just look at the other girls post about "not getting over fear if heartbreak" because she was insecure about the guy "leaving after getting what he wanted."

Old 06-07-2011, 11:39 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,211,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
I realize that the situation in your last paragraph CAN happen, but it's not really typical. Anyone can separate whether they followed tradtional code or not. Same goes for being together forever. However, most of the time, I hear stories of people who did not follow the code ended up regretting it later. Just look at the other girls post about "not getting over fear if heartbreak" because she was insecure about the guy "leaving after getting what he wanted."
I've been with my husband for 9 years. We had premarital sex. We lived together before we got married. We have a wonderful, wonderful marriage based on a solid foundation of trust, respect, love, and laughter. Most of my friends have the same thing. None of my friends followed "the code."

Old 06-07-2011, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I've been with my husband for 9 years. We had premarital sex. We lived together before we got married. We have a wonderful, wonderful marriage based on a solid foundation of trust, respect, love, and laughter. Most of my friends have the same thing. None of my friends followed "the code."
Good.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:45 PM

13,618 posts, read 21,423,007 times
Quote:

Really doesn't have to do with having sex to soon it that case. Some women who have a extra hot guy will worry about him cheating even after they get married because he is hot and women will hit on him even though they know he is married. Isn't any different for a guy with a girl who is constantly hit on.

And people separating after years of marriage happens a lot. In the case of religious code for some they stay together out of code but hate their lives and each other because.

Love, you can't make someone love you. You can make them say it, fake it, but you can't control a person to feel it. God knows that also I think which is why God values your love by your freewill. You can't control the out come of other people. You just live your life and have faith and accept.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Really doesn't have to do with having sex to soon it that case. Some women who have a extra hot guy will worry about him cheating even after they get married because he is hot and women will hit on him even though they know he is married. Isn't any different for a guy with a girl who is constantly hit on.

And people separating after years of marriage happens a lot. In the case of religious code for some they stay together out of code but hate their lives and each other because.

Love, you can't make someone love you. You can make them say it, fake it, but you can't control a person to feel it. God knows that also I think which is why God values your love by your freewill. You can't control the out come of other people. You just live your life and have faith and accept.
Yeah. Good point.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:59 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,219,797 times
Quote:
Sorry to say this, but I don't think that pastor was judging you. Many times people mistake advice for judgment. Anways, neither me nor that pastor or anyone on this earth have the right to judge because we must look out for ourselves.
To each his (or her) own, but sometimes I don't want someone telling me what to do. I don't think you'd want to hear someone tell you "you should have sex before marriage" but I would guess people have probably done that before and that's why this thread was started.

I was just being honest with the guy by telling him I'd spent the night in her room and didn't have sex. I didn't appreciate a judging look and him telling me I was wrong as a response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships