Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 10:52 AM

37,471 posts, read 61,423,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southseeker View Post
No one would date a neet.
'
The type of nerd I was referring to was the type that has a job at least.
I do not consider kids living with their parents and playing video games to really be nerds. You do not usually learn computer languages that way, or gain much experience operating a nuclear reactor. I would have to assume that lazy people doing that likely do not have a college degree.

It is hard to get a nerd job without at least a B.S. degree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2011, 02:08 PM

19,651 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:
It's not that I can't get a lady, I just don't think I have a chance with pretty ladies. Average to above average is all I'm shooting for. When your nerdy, you got to accept the fact, pretty ladies are going to look twice at the sexy man before they look at the slightly over weight nerd...
Above average isn't pretty?
People's standards are strange today.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:47 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,475,163 times
I've always been an introverted nerd with sufficient social skills get dates. Am I an anomaly? Who cares!

Old 06-10-2011, 03:43 PM

494 posts, read 1,610,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Above average isn't pretty?
People's standards are strange today.
Look at it this way. I consider an above average person to be just cute. Average is just acceptable, but nothing special. Pretty is probably out of my league sadly lol. I guess my way version of pretty is what most other guys think is "hot", but you wouldn't catch me dead saying that!

Old 06-10-2011, 04:21 PM

19,651 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:
Look at it this way. I consider an above average person to be just cute. Average is just acceptable, but nothing special. Pretty is probably out of my league sadly lol. I guess my way version of pretty is what most other guys think is "hot", but you wouldn't catch me dead saying that!
Seriously, it wasn't that long ago that people were either ugly or not ugly. These scales of 1 to 10 with increments of .02 and leagues and hawt and fugly, oh my.

Sometimes I'm really glad to be old.

Old 06-10-2011, 04:33 PM

943 posts, read 1,321,584 times
I've been a nerd my whole life.

When I was a poor college student I hardly ever dated. But after I graduated, and got a job as a highly-paid software engineer, I had no problem getting dates.

Old 06-10-2011, 05:04 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Raena I think you are around my generation. When I was in high school there were 3 categories. You were either a jock, a brainiac or a nerd. Nerds would never get a girl. Brainiacs stuck to themselves, one good reason for that were the brainiacs were among 2 stereotypical cultures so they basically dated among their own. Finally there were the jocks. Now they got all the girls. If a jock earned his school jacket he could name his girl.

Seems so silly looking back doesn't it.
It really does. I would take the nerd over the Jock. LOL Making me feel so old.

Old 06-10-2011, 05:06 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
So, you're saying that brainy = nerdy? I don't agree.

I do love brainy men. Nerds...not so much.
Chessie you are mistaken, Nerds are smart yet can't socialize to well. Now dorks they just have their own malfunction.

Old 06-10-2011, 05:34 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,494,617 times
to the Op - just got a rep of some kind

hey--we are all equal here--chill--that is all i know to say

i am the last person in the world to 'attack' anyone--lol--if you only knew me

i say what I think--or feel--i have a very dry sense of humor

i think Bill Gates and those that know technical things are great

i know nothing---can't twitter or do anything like that. I post from a Dell---windows 7--and I have no idea how that works

if God had seen fit he would have given me 'nerd' abilities---I can't imagine what it is like to understand the technical world

I try to learn. It is like learning some foreign language.

I severely need a 'geek' ---my personal geek to console me when the 'puter doesn't work and I have done something to cause it not to work.

Get It, Got It, Good.

Old 06-10-2011, 05:55 PM

37,471 posts, read 61,423,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Seriously, it wasn't that long ago that people were either ugly or not ugly. These scales of 1 to 10 with increments of .02 and leagues and hawt and fugly, oh my.

Sometimes I'm really glad to be old.
In the dark every girl is a 10.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships