Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 10:33 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,654,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
Know. If a guy is naturally shy, it might be difficult for me to tell if he liked me or was just being shy as usual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2011, 10:43 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,487,083 times
When I was a high school sophomore, there was a freshman at my school and I could pick up on signs that she had a thing for me.

And I was her type.

But I never asked her out. And now she doesn't like me (as a friend or as relationship material). I don't remember when exactly she stopped liking me, but I know during my senior year she didn't like me anymore. Maybe she's upset that I never asked her out.

That's why I wish it was more socially acceptable for a female to ask a male out.

Old 06-18-2011, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Know. If a guy is naturally shy, it might be difficult for me to tell if he liked me or was just being shy as usual.
The frown was because some people might describe me as a creeper.

But you think there's a difference between shy and creeper? That's good. Because some girls think shy=creeper

Just curious...what were these creepers like and how did they make it obvious that they had a thing for you?

Old 06-18-2011, 10:48 AM

Quote:

That's why I wish it was more socially acceptable for a female to ask a male out.
I know! I hate the fact that people still think that girls who ask guys out are desperate! It's like I'm not desperate, I just want to get to know the guy more! I'm not gonna go on one date with him and say he's my boyfriend or anything like that! It's just a date for crying out loud!

Old 06-18-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
I know! I hate the fact that people still think that girls who ask guys out are desperate! It's like I'm not desperate, I just want to get to know the guy more! I'm not gonna go on one date with him and say he's my boyfriend or anything like that! It's just a date for crying out loud!
If you want to ask a male out, you should. If you don't, the stereotype will just continue. If enough people like you ask males out, maybe people will stop thinking females are desperate for asking a male out.

Old 06-18-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
The frown was because some people might describe me as a creeper.

But you think there's a difference between shy and creeper? That's good. Because some girls think shy=creeper

Just curious...what were these creepers like and how did they make it obvious that they had a thing for you?
Ohh I'm sorry. I didn't realize.

Yes, there's a difference between being shy and being creepy.

Well, one time in 6th grade there was this really nerdy looking kid (I don't hate nerds just creepy ones) and he would stare at me and follow me everywhere! I finally asked him if he liked me and he said yes! Shallow I know but aren't we all shallow?

Then there was this other time a few months ago where I was at the library printing out a paper for class, and there was this guy sitting next to me who started talking to me and had a really creepy voice! It turns out that he wasn't even a student at my school and was using the library computers to watch "Ghost of Girlfriend's Past!" and when I got out of the library, some girl told me that the guy had stalked one of her friends!! I went to the school security and told them about him! And a few weeks later, someone of his description appeared at another nearby college and had assaulted a girl! !!!

Old 06-18-2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:
If you want to ask a male out, you should. If you don't, the stereotype will just continue. If enough people like you ask males out, maybe people will stop thinking females are desperate for asking a male out.
Yeah! You're right!

Old 06-18-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Ohh I'm sorry. I didn't realize.

Yes, there's a difference between being shy and being creepy.

Well, one time in 6th grade there was this really nerdy looking kid (I don't hate nerds just creepy ones) and he would stare at me and follow me everywhere! I finally asked him if he liked me and he said yes! Shallow I know but aren't we all shallow?

Then there was this other time a few months ago where I was at the library printing out a paper for class, and there was this guy sitting next to me who started talking to me and had a really creepy voice! It turns out that he wasn't even a student at my school and was using the library computers to watch "Ghost of Girlfriend's Past!" and when I got out of the library, some girl told me that the guy had stalked one of her friends!! I went to the school security and told them about him! And a few weeks later, someone of his description appeared at another nearby college and had assaulted a girl! !!!
I think the first example has more to do with being young than being creepy. The same guy might act different now (or maybe not). I had no clue how to talk to girls in 6th grade.

Was the guy at the library around your age? Or was he old?

And I think the only reason I got labelled as a creeper in high school is because I was unpopular.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:03 AM

Quote:
I think the first example has more to do with being young than being creepy. The same guy might act different now (or maybe not). I had no clue how to talk to girls in 6th grade.

Was the guy at the library around your age? Or was he old?

And I think the only reason I got labelled as a creeper in high school is because I was unpopular.

Well even in 6th grade we still thought it was creepy and stalkerish.

The guy at the library looked around my age.

Ohhh I see. That's why I hate the whole "popularity" thing.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:25 AM

869 posts, read 973,992 times
Quote:
city data_91 wrote:

Some people say you can pick up on it when someone has a thing for you. But I don't believe that. You hear people wondering if someone has a thing for them. If they could tell, there would be no need to wonder.

They might think someone shows signs of having a thing for them. And I've picked up on signs like that before. But there is no way to be sure if someone has a thing for you.
I agree! One thing to always keep in mind and which will spare us many a heartache is that people like to flirt. You see flirting and receiving a positive response to the flirting confirms their attractiveness. It provides a feeling of assurance via bolstering self esteem. So the signals that one receives are not all due to genuine interest in comencing an amorous relationship despite their seemingly sincere aspect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships