Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 02:53 PM

1,446 posts, read 3,552,423 times

Advertisements

Aside from the two recent threads I made in this forum, I just realized something about someone I knew.

She considers herself "intelligent" so she subscribes to Neo-Malthusian views and later goes on to talk about all the African-American mothers irresponsibly having babies. Apparently she got this from her business professor and riding MARTA. Yet, those with the #1 birth rate in the US are Hispanic.

Now, as one of the basis of these views, she believes only intelligent people should reproduce. The Irony is coming.

She's a psych major still taking classes, who is not good at math, nor has she taken any upper level science(Anatomy & Physiology, Physics, Upper level Chemistry). She bases this on her SAT scores and the IOWA test of basic skills, which she will not tell me what they are, but mine could easily beat hers.

Quote:
The tests are old as well since we are long ways from high school. My SAT score isn't even considered compared to my LSAT score, IQ score, ASVAB score, or any other test you take in the course of your last 2 years of college or life.
She can't control her addiction to certain substances.

And recently, a friend of mine was talking to her and my friend had to explain what "Double Entendre" meant.

And she also thinks someone can be gay if they talk about someone they associate with business wise and is not up on current events.

I have really dodged a bullet. Seriously, "Double Entendre" was taught to us in 10th-11th grade, unless there is something I am missing here. . . . . . .

PS. I forgot that she is in her mid twenties and doesn't know what a CD(Certificate of Deposit) is, so finance is not it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2011, 02:59 PM

I will admit that she is ahead of me in her ability to obtain and use a "smart phone", upload CDs to her mp3 player using itunes, and pop culture references involving drugs.

Old 06-23-2011, 02:59 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,864,594 times
Who cares if she is hot looking...

Old 06-23-2011, 03:02 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,177,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java378 View Post
Aside from the two recent threads I made in this forum, I just realized something about someone I knew.

She considers herself "intelligent" so she subscribes to Neo-Malthusian views and later goes on to talk about all the African-American mothers irresponsibly having babies. Apparently she got this from her business professor and riding MARTA. Yet, those with the #1 birth rate in the US are Hispanic.

Now, as one of the basis of these views, she believes only intelligent people should reproduce. The Irony is coming.

She's a psych major still taking classes, who is not good at math, nor has she taken any upper level science(Anatomy & Physiology, Physics, Upper level Chemistry). She bases this on her SAT scores and the IOWA test of basic skills, which she will not tell me what they are, but mine could easily beat hers.

She can't control her addiction to certain substances.

And recently, a friend of mine was talking to her and my friend had to explain what "Double Entendre" meant.

And she also thinks someone can be gay if they talk about someone they associate with business wise and is not up on current events.

I have really dodged a bullet. Seriously, "Double Entendre" was taught to us in 10th-11th grade, unless there is something I am missing here. . . . . . .

PS. I forgot that she is in her mid twenties and doesn't know what a CD(Certificate of Deposit) is, so finance is not it.
She confuses intelligence with wisdom. Two utterly different qualities.

Old 06-23-2011, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Who cares if she is hot looking...

lol

Don't get me started.

Old 06-23-2011, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
She confuses intelligence with wisdom. Two utterly different qualities.

Yes Wisdom, I need more of that.

Old 06-23-2011, 04:48 PM

645 posts, read 989,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java378 View Post

Next time you see her, ask her: "Is there a ring of debris around Uranus?"

Sorry, maturity, not my strong suit (humor, either, while we're at it...)

Old 06-23-2011, 05:05 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,795,818 times
Well the ability to have a conversation and intelligent conversation is important. You feel you dodged a bullet. I would tend to agree.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:08 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,004,355 times
Was it like the scene from the matrix?

Cuz that's what I felt like a week or so ago.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:16 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,871,011 times
She just sounds young, inexperienced in life, and naive.

Won't be too long before someone "below her" puts her in her place, hardcore. That's usually what it takes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships