Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 02:20 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
Morality IS black and white and so is perversion and non-perversion ; its only those who want to blur the lines that want 'a grey' standard so they can live as they like .

As to the last two questions :

1. The reason people choose homosexuality is because there is a long standing void in ones emotional psyche whereby they seek out the same sex for emotional fulfillment ...and this has to include the physical acts of sex. When we have a dire unmet need, we will oftentimes embark on things which we know have a strong element of danger , immorality, etc...

2. I cant speak for all people who have tried and failed to exit homosexuality thru Christian counselling..but I liken it to the person who has a very strong addiction to nicotine which has enslaved the person in needing a fix often . Conversely, there have been many thousands who HAVE had success by attending Christian Counselling and asking GOd in humility to take the urges away and to live a life which the Creator intended for that person according to ones gender. MUCH of it depends on the willingness of the individual to want to do the long hard work required and to totally submit to Gods power , authority, and truth in ones life ; it has to be difficult for a homosexual especially since he/she can readily round up a good many people who will support, encourage, and enable him to remain in the bondage . It would behoove all practicing homosexuals to give it a try exiting the lifestyle before greater bondage encircles them by staying in it . Real freedom is not doing whatever we want in life or doing what feels good...but real freedom is overcoming whatever has mastered us that is not good and is thus, evil.
homosexuality is not a choice, why would a person choose to be hated on, have prejudice thrown at them, and be preached against by the likes of you?

Old 06-28-2011, 02:35 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,184,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
Morality IS black and white and so is perversion and non-perversion ; its only those who want to blur the lines that want 'a grey' standard so they can live as they like .

As to the last two questions :

1. The reason people choose homosexuality is because there is a long standing void in ones emotional psyche whereby they seek out the same sex for emotional fulfillment ...and this has to include the physical acts of sex. When we have a dire unmet need, we will oftentimes embark on things which we know have a strong element of danger , immorality, etc...

2. I cant speak for all people who have tried and failed to exit homosexuality thru Christian counselling..but I liken it to the person who has a very strong addiction to nicotine which has enslaved the person in needing a fix often . Conversely, there have been many thousands who HAVE had success by attending Christian Counselling and asking GOd in humility to take the urges away and to live a life which the Creator intended for that person according to ones gender. MUCH of it depends on the willingness of the individual to want to do the long hard work required and to totally submit to Gods power , authority, and truth in ones life ; it has to be difficult for a homosexual especially since he/she can readily round up a good many people who will support, encourage, and enable him to remain in the bondage . It would behoove all practicing homosexuals to give it a try exiting the lifestyle before greater bondage encircles them by staying in it . Real freedom is not doing whatever we want in life or doing what feels good...but real freedom is overcoming whatever has mastered us that is not good and is thus, evil.

Biblical ignorance is an epidemic in the United States.

Many good people build their case against homosexuality almost entirely on the Bible. These folks value Scripture, and are serious about seeking its guidance in their lives. Unfortunately, many of them have never really studied what the Bible does and doesn't say about homosexuality.

For example, many Christians don't know that:
  • Jesus says nothing about same-sex behavior.
  • The Jewish prophets are silent about homosexuality.
  • Only six or seven of the Bible's one million verses refer to same-sex behavior in any way -- and none of these verses refer to homosexual orientation as it's understood today.
Most people who are certain they know what the Bible says about homosexuality don't know where the verses that reference same-sex behavior can be found. They haven't read them, let alone studied them carefully.

Read whole article here: What the Bible Says - And Doesn't Say - About Homosexuality (http://www.soulforce.org/article/homosexuality-bible-gay-christian - broken link)

For more detailed information, read

Overview: Diverse Christian interpretations of the Bible concerning homosexuality. Rigidity of beliefs.

Detailed introduction, Part 1: Quotes; Bible's passages, analysis, mistranslations, & use of the word "homosexual."

Detailed introduction, Part 2: Same-sex activity in biblical times; people's beliefs about the Bible; translation biases.

Are the Bible's moral teachings still valid and meaningful today?

Another site worth looking at: THE BIBLE AND HOMOSEXUALITY

Old 06-28-2011, 03:00 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,083,846 times
Ding Ding ding.....

Welcome to Tuesday night fights!

In the Left corner wearing tacky lavender tights...

In the Right corner adjusting their illegal light up halo's...

Let's get reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeady to RUMBLE!

Old 06-28-2011, 03:01 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,797,076 times
Thank you Thursday. It reminds me of this article:

Quote:
Why Can't I Own a Canadian?
October 2002
Dr. Laura Schlessinger is a radio personality who dispenses advice to people who call in to her radio show. Recently, she said that, as an observant Orthodox Jew, homosexuality is an abomination according to Leviticus 18:22 and cannot be condoned under any circumstance. The following is an open letter to Dr. Laura penned by a east coast resident, which was posted on the Internet. It's funny, as well as informative:
Dear Dr. Laura:
Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the other specific laws and how to follow them:
When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?
I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?
I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15:19- 24. The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.
Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?
I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?
A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?
Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?
Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?
I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?
My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? - Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)
I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.
I mean, if one is going to be a biblical fundamentalist, might as well go all the way, right? There are so many sins that people can commit that it just floors me that many Christians are all over homosexuality. I've seen fundamentalists wagging their fingers at gays and forgetting that they themselves are divorced because "it just wasn't working." Jesus did have plenty to say about divorce (and hypocrisy), if I may remind you. Not that I'm picking on those who are divorced--I am myself, but look at your own life first before you go telling others how to live. And remember that it's God's job to judge, not yours.

There Thursday--not a rant on you--just backing you up on that.

Old 06-28-2011, 03:05 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
This is the wrong forum for religious debate, chickabiddies!

Old 06-28-2011, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
This is the wrong forum for religious debate, chickabiddies!
You're right--I'll stop.

Old 06-28-2011, 03:12 PM

Never one to play devils advocate....

OK, OK I looooovvvvvvve playing devils advocate.

But can somebody explain this to me?

I am a good looking guy. Why is this hard core dogma of gays :the belief that nobody can go gay, suddenly turned off in a gay nightclub while trying to pick a straight guy up? I can't tell you how many gay guys have tried to woo me over to their team!

Old 06-28-2011, 03:16 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,743,975 times
Have you ever gone to a gay parade? Many of the gay guys are fit, muscular, and often good looking. An ugly guy would have a hard time finding a gay partner too!

If you want sex the best thing to do is reverse cowgirl or doggie style sex where you don't see each other's ugly face. You might have to settle for an ugly girl.

Old 06-28-2011, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
Have you ever gone to a gay parade? Many of the gay guys are fit, muscular, and often good looking. An ugly guy would have a hard time finding a gay partner too!

If you want sex the best thing to do is reverse cowgirl or doggie style sex where you don't see each other's ugly face. You might have to settle for an ugly girl.
People who show off in public often are good looking. This is almost like when people from foreign lands assume American women are all good looking from watching Bay Watch. All these examples with assumptions are coming from people who have very limited exposure to gays. As an antique dealer for over 30 years I know 1000's! They come in all sorts of sizes and colors and textures. They aren't all some clones of Ricky Martin. I like how you're trying to put your attractions on them. While in your mind, you're not at all prejudiced against them. It's the ol...

Hey, you're gay huh? My cousin is gay too! He lives in San Diego, his name is Tom, do you know him?

Old 06-28-2011, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
Never one to play devils advocate....

OK, OK I looooovvvvvvve playing devils advocate.

But can somebody explain this to me?

I am a good looking guy. Why is this hard core dogma of gays :the belief that nobody can go gay, suddenly turned off in a gay nightclub while trying to pick a straight guy up? I can't tell you how many gay guys have tried to woo me over to their team!
Maybe they're just hoping that you're still in the closet or have a bit of bi-curiosity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.