Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 09:00 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,530,192 times

Advertisements

Being desperate for a job, is a positive thing since it shows you're not lazy and want to feed your own mouth?
Two things most important for most men, having a job and being in love. If you're straved for a job there seems to be nothing about almost crying, since you can't find work....(I'm thankfully employed now though).
however, if you're a guy and you're trying "too hard" to find a relationship, women think of you as clingy or creepy.....
who wants to fear that they're going to grow old alone? I just don't get the double standard......by getting a relationship and dates, it only helps a guys confidence, the opposite, usually hurts it...
meaning by double standard, a woman can seem desperate, but 90% of the guys out there, won't hold it against her.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2011, 09:01 PM

Oops, to women.....

Old 07-04-2011, 09:09 PM

223 posts, read 166,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Being desperate for a job, is a positive thing since it shows you're not lazy and want to feed your own mouth?
Two things most important for most men, having a job and being in love. If you're straved for a job there seems to be nothing about almost crying to find work....
however, if you're a guy and you're trying "too hard" to find a relationship, women think of you as clingy or creepy.....
who wants to fear that they're going to grow old alone? I just don't get the double standard......by getting a relationship and dates, it only helps a guys confidence, the opposite, usually hurts it...
meaning by double standard, a woman can seem desperate, but 90% of the guys out there, won't hold it against her.....
Yeah. It's like the cynical anti marriage people from the singles business tell the women "Oh. Be careful dear! If he is DESPERATE then ooooooooooh RED FLAG! RED FLAG! It doesn't mean that he is a good man who wants to settle down (ala Marty). No! Marty is dead or he never existed............If he is desperate then it means that he must be an UNDESIRABLE or else a man like him would be snapped up by now".

And millions of single women who were falsely taught that the singles industry "experts" were out for their own good say to themselves "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH, I'D BETTER AVOID HIM" and millions of misguided single women stay single to KEEP PUTTING MORE MONEY INTO THE POCKETS OF THE MERCHANTS WHO WANT TO KEEP YOU SINGLE, MISERABLE AND PAYING.

Old 07-04-2011, 09:21 PM

1,786 posts, read 2,878,100 times
It's not that women don't want a man that wants a relationship, it's the fact that the last guy I dated (who I really liked but he would show up without calling) and I'd only talked on the phone and had a few dates. I was asked then how many times he could come over a week. I like to date for a while s...l... o...w...l...y.... Do hobbies, hike and cook together but he wanted too much too soon. I've read that 40 days is the psychic number... by then two people should know whether to take it to the next level.
Yes... 40 days... of getting to know each other’s hobbies, likes, dislikes, activity levels and how they handle the quiet times ... me times... contemplation you know

Old 07-04-2011, 09:22 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
You see, most people, men or women, want to be chosen for who they are, not because somebody has a void he/she is willing to fill with just about anybody.

Old 07-04-2011, 09:27 PM

I didn't say women don't want men who don't want a relationship, but......
well, animals like bears have it a lot easier since when they're in heat (even though we could be talking about the guy = of just wanting to get laid, but anyway).....the female side of it doesn't say, "Oh you're too clingy or moving to fast!", they (animals) don't have to do nearly the work humans do.....
I of course, just don't want a booty call....

Old 07-04-2011, 09:29 PM

223 posts, read 166,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You see, most people, men or women, want to be chosen for who they are, not because somebody has a void he/she is willing to fill with just about anybody.
For who they are?

Or for what they look like?

Old 07-04-2011, 09:34 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well said.

Old 07-04-2011, 09:35 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobThe View Post
For who they are?

Or for what they look like?
That, too. It's part of the whole package. And don't think good looks are necessarily a blessing!

Old 07-04-2011, 09:36 PM

235 posts, read 837,527 times
I personally like it when a guy is neither really full of himself, nor too anxious. Yeah, I don't think either extreme is healthy. It makes me nervous if I barely know a man and suddenly he's trying to cling onto me like I'm a life preserver. I think that goes both ways, I think most men don't appreciate it when a woman they hardly know is clingy. They complain about women who try to smother them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships