Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 12:55 PM

31,083 posts, read 22,139,308 times

Advertisements

I'm getting a little older, late 30's, and my mind often wonders to thoughts of why I should or should not get married. The only reason that comes up at all is to have Children. There are plenty of woman Ive met that fit the bill as far as attractiveness and the ability to get along with.

If I was to choose a mate it would most likely have to be someone that would produce kids who would have every physical, emotional, and intellectual advantange possible based on my genetic make up combined with my potential mate. I'm not talking about producing a super kid, I would just want my children to have every advantage in life possible.

So in my case I would want my potential mate to be as tall as me but not taller than me 5'8"-6.0" would work. Attractive. Athletic but not bulky. I'm thinking volley ball player in college. In their 30s. Good skin: darker pigment, light color eyes. At least a 4 year degree and completed it in a timely manner. Makes close to what I make. No family history of early diseases, abuse or drug addiction or other pyscological disorders.

Am I being unrealistic? I fit that description on the male side so would finding a mate that fits it on the female side be unrealistic? Would this turn woman off if they saw this requirement on a dating site?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 12:58 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,470,821 times
Yes. My fiance has been feeling ill, and is going to get a pregnancy test soon. Would have preferred to be married, but still excited.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:00 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,225,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Am I being unrealistic?
Sounds like a tallish order in the real world at this point, but the Build a Wife by Your Own Specs factory might be able to fill it in a few decades or so...

Old 07-06-2011, 01:01 PM

4,489 posts, read 10,954,592 times
That sounds more like a business relationship than a happy marriage.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:02 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,196,850 times
Quote:
I'm getting a little older, late 30's, and my mind often wonders to thoughts of why I should or should not get married. The only reason that comes up at all is to have Children. There are plenty of woman Ive met that fit the bill as far as attractiveness and the ability to get along with.

If I was to choose a mate it would most likely have to be someone that would produce kids who would have every physical, emotional, and intellectual advantange possible based on my genetic make up combined with my potential mate. I'm not talking about producing a super kid, I would just want my children to have every advantage in life possible.

So in my case I would want my potential mate to be as tall as me but not taller than me 5'8"-6.0" would work. Attractive. Athletic but not bulky. I'm thinking volley ball player in college. In their 30s. Good skin: darker pigment, light color eyes. At least a 4 year degree and completed it in a timely manner. Makes close to what I make. No family history of early diseases, abuse or drug addiction or other pyscological disorders.

Am I being unrealistic? I fit that description on the male side so would finding a mate that fits it on the female side be unrealistic? Would this turn woman off if they saw this requirement on a dating site?
If you are looking for a mail-order bride/mother-of-your-children or a simple egg donor - then sure - having this list of requirements is great. If you are actually looking to create a family based on love - then having a list like that is... well, stupid.

I knew my husband would make a good father early on in our relationship. He also talked about wanting kids before I did (he was also ready to have kids before I was). Was this attractive to me? Yes. But it wasn't because of his height, his skin, his degree, etc. - it was because of who he was as a person. I fell in love with HIM and I wanted to have children with HIM because I love HIM.

You sound like you are looking for an egg donor - not a wife.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:04 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,482,641 times
Hmm, not sure if there are dating sites devoted to breeding/animal husbandry, but anyway your criteria are mostly superficial and not necessarily indicative of the potential for healthy, successful offspring. Maybe look for single, female astronauts?

Old 07-06-2011, 01:08 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,310,711 times
I don't have any interest in kids, so absolutely not.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:10 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,652,110 times
I'm with Chielgirl! You're sounding like you're desperate to breed.

Last edited by CancerianMoonPrincess; 07-06-2011 at 01:26 PM..

Old 07-06-2011, 01:15 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,285,808 times
Despite all the criticism, I've thought about things of that nature. Not to the full extent you have, but I always wondered if I should go for a tall wife, so that we would produce tall children. Don't think there's anything wrong with that, OP, everyone does it subconciously in one way or another.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:24 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,559,059 times
Quote:

Local newspaper

Lonely Hearts Section

MAN SEEKING WOMAN

Me: Friggin' perfect in every way.

You: Ex-collegiate volleyball player, between 5'8-6'0, drop dead butter melt in my mouth gorgeous, athletic but not bulky, olive toned skin, baby blue eyes (or willingness to get pigment changed), 4-year degree obtained in 4-years and preferably a Masters or PHD (but this is negotiable), impeccible family pedigree dating back 300 years with full paperwork provided (it helps if your family came over on the Mayflower), not less than 34B- not more than 38C, willing for you and all your current family members & relations & friends to be tested for drugs/alchohol/diseases/pyscological issues, must be 100% totally subserviant to my every whim.

Job Duties: Marry me and bear my (yes, I said MY) children. I shall raise them to be perfect. I'll look in on you in your room from time to time.

__________________________________________________ _____

Post a photo of yourself sometime. I want to see what perfection looks like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships