Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 03:32 PM

752 posts, read 2,085,545 times

Advertisements

To the board: What age bracket do you find is the worst (as in the hardest) age group to date successfully? For women? For men?

Also....at what age group do you have the most SUCCESS with the opposite sex?

For me....personally....the hardest age group to deal with (not always, but a majority of the time) is 25-35. It seemed like everyone was always already partnered up by then. For some people that may have been the "peak years"... Just MHO. After 28 it seemed like I was always dating men 35+. When I was in most of my 20s, I lost out because the men my age were always "in relationships"...or was that code for don't want to date someone like me??

I've also heard that single, never married women 35+ are "desparate" and their "biological clocks sound like Big Ben" lol. A stereotype, no doubt.

Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 03:58 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,082,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post
To the board: What age bracket do you find is the worst (as in the hardest) age group to date successfully? For women? For men?

Also....at what age group do you have the most SUCCESS with the opposite sex?

For me....personally....the hardest age group to deal with (not always, but a majority of the time) is 25-35. It seemed like everyone was always already partnered up by then. For some people that may have been the "peak years"... Just MHO. After 28 it seemed like I was always dating men 35+. When I was in most of my 20s, I lost out because the men my age were always "in relationships"...or was that code for don't want to date someone like me??

I've also heard that single, never married women 35+ are "desparate" and their "biological clocks sound like Big Ben" lol. A stereotype, no doubt.

Any thoughts?
Stereotypes are only stereotypes if the majority of people involved aren't that way. Single, never marrieds out dating between 35-40 are on a quest for a holy grail, and they feel evil forces(their competition) are hot on the trail. They date you twice, they try for the "we're a couple" commitment. Two weeks after that, never met one that didn't want to assess LONG term goals. By third date never met one that didn't want to know about my feelings about having kids. Never met one that was "let's just relax and see where this goes"

People approaching middle age are starting to look back at a lot of shoulda, coulda, better hurry up ands...

Old 07-01-2011, 04:01 PM

252 posts, read 555,464 times
Depends on what you want. 18 - 25 in my opinion is a horrible age bracket. 25 - 30 people start to understand what they want. However, I find women past 30 to be desperate. That biological clock starts ticking and I want nothing to do with it.

Old 07-01-2011, 04:04 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Over 50, after the midlife crisis hits and everyone wants what they think they missed out on. It's pathetic.

Old 07-01-2011, 04:32 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,865,528 times
18-25 is difficult as in this current generation, just about everyone is in a relationship, engaged, or married.

25-30 seems to be like a cool down trend, where there are dating options but depending on your preferences it seems slim.

30-35 This is where I'm at, and I'm already noticing very enticing looks from younger women compared to the people around my age. (blushing smile, waving, etc) I'm not used to having that sort of attention with a woman when I was their age but they seem to like having me around. Only thing I see wrong with that if I started dating one and having to deal with the stigma of older guy - young woman... not that I would find it in bad taste, but her dad might!

I'm already seeing the after effects of the late 20s/early thirties divorced women with kids. Don't really have any women around my age that never married, just the divorced/dumped w-extra. It's not a pretty sight.

Old 07-01-2011, 05:16 PM

530 posts, read 779,338 times
Dating. It's all tough, at any age bracket. I would say that my age bracket is the toughest. And that age bracket would be, um, well, nevermind, because honestly, it's all tough, in any bracket.

For us guys though, it sure was so much easier, back in the day.

And I'm talking CAVE MAN days!! I mean, there you are, or were rather, just checking out the situation when BAM, there goes the cave girl of your dreams! So you take your club, bash her over the head, she falls to the ground and hopefully if you didn't bash her too hard you drag her by the hair back to your cave and there you have it. She's yours. No dating necessary.

Ok sure, sometimes in their enthusiasm they hit too hard, but ya break a few eggs to make an omelette. A good one anyway.
Attached Images

Old 07-01-2011, 05:23 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,675,136 times
All of them.

Old 07-01-2011, 05:32 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,647,683 times
Gotta love that biological clock. Not.

I've taken the batteries out of my biological clock and smashed it with a hammer. basically I said "Scr*ew you, clock!"

Old 07-01-2011, 06:46 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,670,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Gotta love that biological clock. Not.

I've taken the batteries out of my biological clock and smashed it with a hammer. basically I said "Scr*ew you, clock!"
Yes we are all well aware that you do not desire to have children; you seem to post about it at least once a day. How about putting that on the back-burner, and letting us get to know something else about you? Surely there is something more to you than your status as a non-mom.

Old 07-01-2011, 06:48 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Young teens. You don't have your own money or mommy and daddy have to drive you. His voice sounds like yours. And the boner popping is annoying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships