Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 07:54 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,696,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anberlin View Post
Perhaps (in my interpretation) he is trying to imply that if the men pays, the women pays. If the men opens the door, the women must also do the same thing for them and so on. There are some women who do this kind of thing, but maybe he just needs to find them instead of finding a girl who wants to be treated like a lady, not a man.
Right. It depends on the woman. Not every woman expects to be treated to dinner or have doors opened for them. There's no need to say that women pick and choose feminism when it suits them, if there are plenty of women who do not do those things.

I've paid for dates and opened doors for other people, no one's called me a man... yet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 01:06 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,875,840 times
There is a difference between equal rights and the dating world, I agree with the posters on this point...what does the woman making equal money and voting have to do with a man approaching her vs her approaching the guy? or you paying vs her paying? Sounds like the guys have had rather bad experiences with women in general and have the looking out for #1 mentality when it comes to relationships. When you start to place your relationships in an audit, you are always going to find the negative and will keep score so to speak which also isnt good.

Question for the guys complaining in this thread..any of you in good relationships right now?...i'm guessing no

Old 07-27-2011, 01:53 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,203,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingAround View Post
Men for many centuries have made a bull*&^% conspiracy out of protesting they have more sexual needs, less tendancy for loyalty, emotionally stronger....ect.

All this is control tactics, ego driven fear of being controlled emotionally by a woman and more!

Women are starting to realize what crap this always was, now women have multiple sexual partners like a man, careers like a man, emotionally stable, not in need of chasing a man, ect...

The media make women look desperate and over emotional and in fact women used to be more that way, because anyone who feels like they need a mans approval to be worth anything, will chase a man. Men will chase women if their worth is held over their head too.

Men know trying to keep women feeling rejected or pressured by their appearance, will keep them chasing approval and not running the show. Younger girls now are aware of this previous generational lie and evil tactic and ARE now running the show.

Bottom line is:

Men do not know how to be strong , emotionally stable, non chavinist men WITHOUT trying to make women inferior. Dads, the media, history and even WOMEN have incorrectly taught men that making women feel rejected and weaker will make them more of a man. now that women are destroying those man made fences, men are lost as to what role to play...if itsnt inslaving womens self esteem and dominance.

Since women are learning to be the women they were created as before social programming, men are now not knowing how to be a man because being a man was always based on a woman NOT being a real woman!
You can't be serious! First the guys blaming feminism for their problems and now it's going in the other direction. You know hon, there are guys out there who love confident and strong women.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:16 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,727,010 times
Quote:
Bottom line is:

Men do not know how to be strong , emotionally stable, non chavinist men WITHOUT trying to make women inferior. Dads, the media, history and even WOMEN have incorrectly taught men that making women feel rejected and weaker will make them more of a man. now that women are destroying those man made fences, men are lost as to what role to play...if itsnt inslaving womens self esteem and dominance.

Since women are learning to be the women they were created as before social programming, men are now not knowing how to be a man because being a man was always based on a woman NOT being a real woman!
Well, the media is teaching women that disrespecting men at all times is the way women get power. Pretty much making men look like mindless idiots on every commerical is now how you sell products. Now women are trying to make men look inferior.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:36 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,875,840 times
Quote:
Men for many centuries have made a bull*&^% conspiracy out of protesting they have more sexual needs, less tendancy for loyalty, emotionally stronger....ect.

All this is control tactics, ego driven fear of being controlled emotionally by a woman and more!

Women are starting to realize what crap this always was, now women have multiple sexual partners like a man, careers like a man, emotionally stable, not in need of chasing a man, ect...

The media make women look desperate and over emotional and in fact women used to be more that way, because anyone who feels like they need a mans approval to be worth anything, will chase a man. Men will chase women if their worth is held over their head too.

Men know trying to keep women feeling rejected or pressured by their appearance, will keep them chasing approval and not running the show. Younger girls now are aware of this previous generational lie and evil tactic and ARE now running the show.

Bottom line is:

just because this how the men YOU know treat you, dont put it on the rest of us

Old 07-27-2011, 02:56 PM

1,410 posts, read 2,138,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
So - this forum has gotten me thinking about gender roles, feminism, money, etc. It seems that some people on here blame feminism and women's lib for all their issues with women. The thing is - there are so many different forms of feminism - but the basis of feminism was to give women equal rights and protect them from such things as rape, sexually harassment, etc.

Women having equal rights - I'm not quite sure why anyone would have a problem with this. We should ALL of equal rights - every single human being. And we also should have equal pay (for the same job, of course) - no matter what gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, etc. Also - women (and men) should never have to put up with such things as rape, sexually harassment, physical abuse, etc. The thing is - these freedoms, rights, safeties, etc. - didn't always exist. People had to fight for them.

Now - wanting equal rights does not have anything to do with how a woman chooses to live her personal life. It seems that many men think that if a woman wants to have a successful career, she must also ask out men, pay for men, fix the car, etc. And some women may want that for themselves. But all women are not the same. Just because we have equal rights - what is so wrong if some of us want to have door opened for us? And guess what, I enjoy cooking dinner for my husband! I like that my husband is handy - he can install ceiling fans and rewire all the electrical stuff. He can fix the cars, the driveway, build shelves, etc. I love this about him! He loves that I take care of him - that I fold his clothes the way he likes, that I make him his favorite cookies, that I take care of all of our finances, that I write all our thank you notes, etc.

Just because I want to have a career - it doesn't mean I don't want to be a woman. And being a woman means different things to different women. I don't understand all the anger and hatred towards women on here - we are all so different. Some like to be treated, some like to treat. Some like to be wooed, some like to woo. I feel like some of the men on here are so bitter that it seems that what they really want is to be treated like a woman. They want to be asked out, treated, have gifts bought for them, etc. And that's fine - there are women out there that are wanting to do that. But just because all women are not like that - they say that all women are gold-diggers, prostitutes, etc. I just don't get it.

The fact is - there is nothing wrong with a woman wanting to be taken care of. There is nothing wrong with a man wanting to take care of woman. There is also nothing wrong with a woman wanting to take care of a man or a man wanting to be taken care of. We each find the person that is right for us. My husband and I take care of each other.
I tried to rep you...great post.

As women, in dating, we need for men to show some effort and not take us for granted (some do that once they've gotten what they were after in the first place, and then we get tossed aside like yesterday's news), so that's why the chivalrous gestures are important to us at least in the beginning. I mean, seriously, I am certainly capable of opening my own door, paying for my drink and walking myself to my car. But I'd much rather have someone do those to show he cares or makes an effort and makes me feel like a lady.

Last edited by temazepam; 07-27-2011 at 03:18 PM..

Old 07-27-2011, 02:59 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,159,151 times
Yikes! I'm not pointing the finger at all men or all women. I'm simply saying that feminism/women's rights do not have anything to do with dating and relationships. Women being able to have any career that they want and being considered equal under the law has no bearing on how people carry on their love lives. We all have our preferences when it comes to love. Some people like to be taken care of, some people like to shower people with affection, some people like to be hit on, some people like to take the initiative, etc. We all have our own personalities and our own way of being happy in love. This has nothing to do with equal rights.

I actually started this thread because I was thinking of my relationship with my husband and our upcoming child. My husband has always wanted me to be a SAHM - or at least have that option. This has always been very important to him. Personally, I have no idea what I'm going to want to do once I have the baby. In my other relationships, I knew that I'd have to find a job (not in my chosen career) if we decided to have children because we would need the extra income. I didn't mind this. Each relationship is different and I don't see anything wrong with either scenario.

Also, I'm a very womanly woman. I love being a woman. This doesn't mean that I expected men to pay for everything and shower me with gifts when I was dating. Actually, I love spoiling my husband. But I also love it when he opens a door for me or carries a bag for me. I feel like a lot of men on this forum carry so much hatred towards women being women. Like now that we have equal rights - we should act like men. This doesn't make sense to me. Every guy I've dated has liked me BECAUSE I'M A WOMAN!!! I like to look nice and dress nice. I like to paint my toenails. I like to cook. And not every woman has to like to do these things - being a woman means something different to every woman. But I don't think that we should be punished for being feminine simply because we can vote!

And if it sounds like I'm targeting men - I'm not. It's just that I keep hearing on this forum about how women can't have things both ways - we can't have the right to vote and equal pay AND expect to be treated like women when we date. Doesn't make sense. The women on this forum that complain about men might say things like - all men are liars or cheats or a-holes (which I also disagree with) but they don't say things like, well, men are treated equally under the law so therefore they should yada yada yada.

Old 07-27-2011, 04:14 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,686,307 times
Quote:

Bottom line is:

Why does somebody need to run the show?

Bottom line: I disagree with most of what you said.

Old 07-27-2011, 04:37 PM

1,909 posts, read 3,781,709 times
meow

Old 08-07-2011, 04:52 PM

2 posts, read 1,067 times
GOOD NEWS! There shall be no more hostilities here and all arguments are moot. For all genetic natal females are and shall be FREE, to be whomever, whatever and however they so desire! I was sent to Earth by Goddess as a gift to all womanhood! I and I alone have been sent to be totally and completely stripped of any and all masculinity and to be then fully and absolutely feminized! I SHALL suffer thorough and eternal immersion in femininity in all ways and I embrace my task as I embrace the divine love of Goddess. I consider it a saintly privilege to serve Goddess in this manner!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships