Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 10:23 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,773,165 times

Advertisements

If you love dear g/f that much and truly want to marry her, then sure; why not give it a try? Even if it doesn't work out, you and your g/f can always move out and get your own place, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
I have a question and a possible crucible. You see, I'm 21 years old, studying and working.
I currently am in a relationship of 1 1/2 years with my girlfriend and we are VERY happy together. She lives with her mother and that's the only relative she has (Her dad died years before we met) and I know she's the one I love and I want to marry (I think its the other way around too). So, thing is her MOTHER is willing to let me move in to the house (with my gf) and sleep in the same room and, according to what she and my gf have spoken, she would let us develop ourselves as a normal couple (issues, money, sex) under the condition(missing the right word) that I marry her daughter to which I have no problem at all and she would only be around to cook and, almost subliminally, take care of her as she's not getting any younger and my gf has expressed her feelings that she's worried. Her mom completely LOVES me as she asks me how I am, cooks for me, cares for me, etc etc.

I have given a LOT of thought on this, given the situation where it could be awkward...

Thoughts?

Thanks for your opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 10:39 AM

366 posts, read 776,121 times
Default Are you friggin nuts!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
I have a question and a possible crucible. You see, I'm 21 years old, studying and working.
I currently am in a relationship of 1 1/2 years with my girlfriend and we are VERY happy together. She lives with her mother and that's the only relative she has (Her dad died years before we met) and I know she's the one I love and I want to marry (I think its the other way around too). So, thing is her MOTHER is willing to let me move in to the house (with my gf) and sleep in the same room and, according to what she and my gf have spoken, she would let us develop ourselves as a normal couple (issues, money, sex) under the condition(missing the right word) that I marry her daughter to which I have no problem at all and she would only be around to cook and, almost subliminally, take care of her as she's not getting any younger and my gf has expressed her feelings that she's worried. Her mom completely LOVES me as she asks me how I am, cooks for me, cares for me, etc etc.

I have given a LOT of thought on this, given the situation where it could be awkward...

Thoughts?

Thanks for your opinion.
Nice going, kid. You're having hot sex with the gf, and her single/separated/divorced/or widowed mother knows and approves of your relationship with all the benefits thrown into the mix. Yeah, yeah, I know, it's a perfect dream situation come true:NOT!!!!! WTF: you're only 21, and despite what you might think, know or have experienced with women, you don't know jack about them, yourself, or life in general!! And seriously, you know something is entirely wrong with this situation or you wouldn't have started this thread. As a rule of thumb, most old school guys who are or were married will tell you to "stay away from the in -laws, especially the mother-in-law. Although you haven't provided much information about your gf's mom, I'm hoping she's a relatively young woman herself (late 30's - early 40's). However, anyway you cut it she is looking for a better life, i.e., without her financial obligation as a parent to your gf.

One more thing: you said " she would only be around to cook and, almost subliminally, take care of her as she's not getting any younger and my gf has expressed her feelings that she's worried." Are you suggesting that the mother doesn't work, that she's unemployed??? What does that imply for you???

Colmadero; this is a loose - loose situation. You're 21 years old, and you have a lot of life ahead of you. There are places to see, new experiences to have, and yes, you can even share them with your current gf. As my dearly departed grandmother once said to me: "Everything that glitters isn't necessary gold."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships