Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 12:07 PM

7,965 posts, read 11,753,135 times

Advertisements

LOL... yep. Got approached by a drunk woman who was angry with someone else in my family. I swapped back an insult in response to hers and she attacked me. I swung at her, pleading with people to get her away from me before she got hurt, BAD! They pulled her away and she kept coming back....again, I kept swinging until they drug her out of the building and locked the door behind her. She then went to the police station and "attempted" to file charges against ME! Her family had to take her to the hospital. Totally not my fault and I was sick to my stomach for days afterward, thinking about the damage I'd inflicted.

No officers visited me, but I made it a point to head to the PS and pick up statement forms and have witnesses (including management & owners/witnesses) fill them out. It was a cut & dried self-defense, jumped the wrong person scenario and she never bothered to show up in court, most likely because the police department let her know that I was interested in filing a countersuit and had the witnesses to prove that she was 100% at fault. Disgusting...really. Fighting is so incredibly stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 12:26 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,418,493 times
No. When you cannot use your words, you have nothing left but your fists. Thankfully my words make a bigger impact.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:52 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,773,128 times
Good gracious No. Ladies never get physical, it's simply unacceptable behaviour in public.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:54 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,959,215 times
My ex husband punched me in the face so I ***** slapped him back...not a moment that I am proud of.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:58 PM

26,709 posts, read 41,878,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Although I wouldn't want to, I have.

You'd be a midget compared to Ogden, though.

JO had the rep for being a really soft, technique-driven OT who relied on his great athleticism as opposed to his toughness. Once, he said, a DE talked a bit too much junk to him, called him soft one time too much, and Ogden turned into Erik Williams for the rest of the game.
Okay, maybe more Chris Samuels.

Old 07-26-2011, 01:11 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,236,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilamx View Post
When I get very frustrated and the other person is either not listening to me or talking over me, I get the natural urge to hit. I've been like that since I was little. I don't hit other girls, just men, lol, so it's never really escaladed into a full-blown fight (I'm weak so that wouldn't be a fair fight!).
I think it is the height of cowardice for a woman to hit a man knowing that he will not hit her back.
If you want to use your fists, at least have the courage to do so with someone who can clock you back to teach you some manners.

I have never been in any type of physical fight although I feel prepared to defend myself if I had to.

Old 07-26-2011, 01:12 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,657,949 times
Only once when a guy cut in front of me in the line at the grocery store. I drug his sorry behind out of that wheelchair and laid a whup on him that'll make him think twice about ever doing it again!

Old 07-26-2011, 01:18 PM

7,965 posts, read 11,753,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Good gracious No. Ladies never get physical, it's simply unacceptable behaviour in public.
Although I would generally agree, sometimes a lady is left without much of a choice, especially if a crazy, drunk nutjob is in the process of attempting to claw your eyes out and rip your brand new clothes from your body. Oh no ma'am.... I am a lady (usually), but when someone comes at me like a pi$$3d off hornet, intent on inflicting bodily harm on my person, you can bet I'm not gonna stop swinging as long as they're within arm's length. They WILL get off of me or they WILL get hurt.

Old 07-26-2011, 01:30 PM

2,179 posts, read 3,415,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Although I would generally agree, sometimes a lady is left without much of a choice, especially if a crazy, drunk nutjob is in the process of attempting to claw your eyes out and rip your brand new clothes from your body. Oh no ma'am.... I am a lady (usually), but when someone comes at me like a pi$$3d off hornet, intent on inflicting bodily harm on my person, you can bet I'm not gonna stop swinging as long as they're within arm's length. They WILL get off of me or they WILL get hurt.
As it should be, right? Not sure, but Djuna's comment may have been sarcastic..

Old 07-26-2011, 01:34 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,657,949 times
Once when I was playing in rock bands we played at a bar in Kellogg, Idaho which is a mining town in northern Idaho. I saw a woman get into a fist fight with a guy and she just beat the crap out of him. He didn't actually punch her but just tried to shove her away but she did punch him and kick him. I felt sorry for the guy. The woman just seemed like a low life and quite a few people were laughing about it but I sure didn't and I couldn't wait to get out of that dump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships