Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 07:23 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,672,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Nope.

I've had a few opportunities but I've always made smart choices.

Had one guy try to fight me in the parking lot of the grocery store I worked at in my youth (for ahem banging his fiance, but in my defense she said she was single. ) Not wanting to get fired I backed down and he didn't force my hand.

Had a black guy hassle me in a Mcdonalds bathroom in college but sadly the group of friends waiting for me outside (and I KNOW he had friends around) were my nerdy buddies that would have gotten annihilated so I swallowed my pride for the greater good. That would have been funny though because I don't look imposing but wrestled extensively and am much faster and stronger than he expected lol....he would have lost that one. (Nothing says street cred like getting beat up by a balding actuarial student. LMAO.)

Also got *aggressively panhandled* in chicago by a guy that just got out of prison. I was wearing a suit atm so I gave him $5. Probably would have lost that fight had it gone down, he was all prison ripped and a bit bigger than me so $5 well spent as he probably had a knife too.

It's just absolutely not worth fighting as there are just too many losers out there with knives, guns or 4 buddies waiting to jump in and fudge you up. Seen that happen at bars in college where a whole frat jumps in on 4-5 dudes....not pretty.

Oh, I did get in a scrap in my dorm but didn't hit the guy, just quickly put him in a submission hold and he left me alone after that.
This mattered because?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 07:28 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,124,933 times
Since my adulthood, I've never been in a fight and I'm proud of that. Best believe, if someone steps wrong to me in one of my rare bad moods, it's a wrap for them. I used to get into a lot of fights from middle to high school (most of my fights were in 11th and 12th grade), all of which I've won. They weren't really fights as I laid out my opponents with that One Hitter Quitter, and my One Hitter Quitters were like shotgun blasts, packed a lot of power/force but very quick. Nowadays, it's not wise to get into fights because the other person can pull a coward move and pull out a gun and shoot you, or come back with his friends and try to redeem himself.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:32 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,672,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Why would I want to mess up my face or body?? Besides, I walk like bodybuilder so no one really bothers me anyways, lol
In your case, makes sense.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:10 PM

645 posts, read 1,276,716 times
Geeze, last fight? I think I was 42 and he was 22. I was chatting up some woman close to my age. He decides to cut in because she’s the only woman that’s presentable and isn’t taken. One thing leads to another, and he starts cracking on me about being old. I found it most amusing, and the next thing I know he’s on top of me. He engaged me in a battle of wits, but since the woman was laughing at my comments and not his, he resorted to violence. I pummeled him so hard that I twisted my right wrist and it hurt for months. I also feared that I’d hurt him and the police would show up because I’m well known in the bar, so it wouldn’t take a lot of sleuthing to track me down. Luckily for him and me, nothing came out of it other than I was barred for fighting.

I could go on and on. I’m not a tough guy. The best fight I’ve had was the one I walked away from, and I’ve walked away from far more fights than I’ve engaged in. I mean a 1000:1 ratio. I do not like fighting. Bar fights are unpredictable and can turn ugly at any moment. Moreover, I’m usually in a strange and unfamiliar environment, so I don’t know just how many he has on his side, if he’s armed, or will he improvise a weapon, hence, I bow out gracefully and go to another place. In today’s police society, it’s nothing to catch a charge as well. Despite the fact that I only fight when attacked, I can still catch a charge for self-defense.

Luckily, I’m knocking on 50’s door, so younger people tend to take me at face value for what I am. I’m a large man that likes to joke and have a good time. Nothing’s sacred, and you can say anything to me. I rarely take offense providing it’s not a personal attack. Even then, I can’t imagine punching somebody over words. To date, I’ve never done it.

To this day, I’ll strap on gloves and go outside with anybody as long as it’s all in fun and for the sport. I look at sport fighting and beating on somebody out of anger as being two different things. Moreover, I’ve always fought in self-defense and never out of anger. If anybody’s making me that angry, I need to look at it, if it’s not me, then I need to remove that person from my life, and I do. I simply leave.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:24 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,683,707 times
No, but once I was being chased by a guy in a parking lot. I jumped into my car and as I pulled away, he lunged at the car, fell down, and I think I ran over his foot/ankle/leg. At least that's what I think happened based on what I saw in my rear view mirror. I didn't stop to ask him if he was hurt.

My 4 year son was with me and he was hysterical. It took me several hours to get him to calm down.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:25 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,010,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
No, but once I was being chased by a guy in a parking lot. I jumped into my car and as I pulled away, he lunged at the car, fell down, and I think I ran over his foot/ankle/leg. At least that's what I think happened based on what I saw in my rear view mirror. I didn't stop to ask him if he was hurt.
could've been a zombie.

He was lunging for your brainz!

Old 07-26-2011, 08:27 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,683,707 times
I think he wanted my purse.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:32 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,010,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
I think he wanted my purse.
...Purse zombies!

They crave what is strapped to your arm!

Old 07-26-2011, 08:35 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,066,842 times
Yes.

I love a good donnybrook every now and then.

I was raised in a tough city neighborhood where you fought or were picked on.

I chose to fight.

Hung with a pretty radical crowd.

My last physical altercation was about 6 years ago at a 7-11 gas station.

A group of older teens were known for roughing people up in the area.

As I approached the store to buy gas, one of the 6 or so punks purposely stepped in front of me, so I grabbed him by the throat and threw him into his friends and asked "who's next?".

They ran like rabbits.

That was fun.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:38 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,896,723 times
Yeah I was in a fight with my one co-worker. She lied for another child while my son's two front teeth got knocked loose. I had to take him to the dentist right away to get it fixed with a bridge. I was PO-ed!!! Next day I couldn't contain my anger when she denied anything happened. So I punched her...she ran behind a bigger girl. Not one of my finest days....but I am a very protective mom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships