Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 07:28 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,834,726 times

Advertisements

I fear that the guy I'm seeing right now is just not attractive to me physically. Very intelligent though. And compatible. I don't necessarily think I guy has to look perfect to be hot to me, but if the chemistry isn't there - isnt that the kiss of death? logically the relationship makes sense but unfortunately i fear i'm going to have to bail pretty soon. his face just isn't attractive to me. why is it that when you meet a nice dependable guy, there's just this one little issue?

he's so intelligent and successful though, and decent looking. not horrendous by any means... just not attractive to me. his face is every "child-like" which I'm sure will serve him well when he's 40 or 50. AHHHHH .

what is wrong with me? shouldnt it be nice to settle down and grow old with a nice dependable rich guy with a good family. conversely, i seem to enjoy falling for people who will never work out and have my heart dragged through the mud. i guess i crave the drama/excitement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2011, 07:32 AM

1 posts, read 1,595 times
you should see to quality of a guy & not only his physical appearence

Old 07-31-2011, 08:40 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,287,554 times
I've known a few people over time who've past on the intelligent, hard working family man who would have loved them wholly,....and instead went for the flings with others that were based solely on physical attraction.....it's a lonely life.

Old 07-31-2011, 09:11 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,834,726 times
This is all too much for me, I'm officially declaring a dating hiatus of at least 6 months. I'll just do what decent human beings these days are doing.... ignore his phonecall and act like I've dropped off the face of the planet.

Maybe I'm being mean but utlimately in life, I will not make decisions out of fear. Fear that a better person won't come along, fear of being alone, fear of whatever. I ultimately feel so happy and free right now after deciding I don't need to be giving this any attention. He's good, he's great, he'll find somebody else good for him. Me - I don't freaking know but I'm young. And I don't mind getting married at 28 or 29. I just want to enjoy my life now. Without feeling as though I'm settling or doing what I'm "supposed to do". If I'm going to settle or behave properly now, I'm sure I'll be more willing to do it at 28 or 29. Best to put it off.

Last edited by sydney1987; 07-31-2011 at 09:21 AM..

Old 07-31-2011, 10:09 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,878,492 times
you do have to date a few guys first before you are 'ready' to commit...and it might be by 28 or 29...could be much later and or sooner

Old 07-31-2011, 03:41 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,951,345 times
If there is no chemistry there is no reason to continue on.

Old 07-31-2011, 04:03 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,798 times
Have you kissed him?

Old 07-31-2011, 04:16 PM

2,430 posts, read 2,768,485 times
Default Tell him the truth..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney1987 View Post
I fear that the guy I'm seeing right now is just not attractive to me physically. Very intelligent though. And compatible. I don't necessarily think I guy has to look perfect to be hot to me, but if the chemistry isn't there - isnt that the kiss of death? logically the relationship makes sense but unfortunately i fear i'm going to have to bail pretty soon. his face just isn't attractive to me. why is it that when you meet a nice dependable guy, there's just this one little issue?

he's so intelligent and successful though, and decent looking. not horrendous by any means... just not attractive to me. his face is every "child-like" which I'm sure will serve him well when he's 40 or 50. AHHHHH .

what is wrong with me? shouldnt it be nice to settle down and grow old with a nice dependable rich guy with a good family. conversely, i seem to enjoy falling for people who will never work out and have my heart dragged through the mud. i guess i crave the drama/excitement
..............you want danger, intrigue? what? Is it, he is not high? maybe he needs to know what you want? ....really smart people think about a lot of things, has he told you he wants to settle down?...........you need to get to know each other............to have a successful relationship you need to date..........for 3-5 years.....this is a comitment, a project of building a relationship, it takes work, time and thought?........if you skip one of these it can cost you a lot, and him even more...........talk to him and tell him you are trying to grow up, if he's not worth it, don't fool him or your self.

Old 07-31-2011, 05:27 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,387,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
Have you kissed him?
That's a good question. Sometimes, all it takes is just one kiss to get that chemistry going.

Old 07-31-2011, 05:28 PM

936 posts, read 2,061,778 times
Quote:

Quote:
This is all too much for me, I'm officially declaring a dating hiatus of at least 6 months. I'll just do what decent human beings these days are doing.... ignore his phonecall and act like I've dropped off the face of the planet.

Maybe I'm being mean but utlimately in life, I will not make decisions out of fear. Fear that a better person won't come along, fear of being alone, fear of whatever. I ultimately feel so happy and free right now after deciding I don't need to be giving this any attention. He's good, he's great, he'll find somebody else good for him. Me - I don't freaking know but I'm young. And I don't mind getting married at 28 or 29. I just want to enjoy my life now. Without feeling as though I'm settling or doing what I'm "supposed to do". If I'm going to settle or behave properly now, I'm sure I'll be more willing to do it at 28 or 29. Best to put it off.
I think I see the problem here. And I concur--not dating is really the best choice for you. I'd make your hiatus longer than 6 months, though. More like.....till you grow up.

Yeah, I know I'm being harsh, but you're dumping a guy by pulling a Houdini. That's just cowardly. He deserves someone who won't repay treating you well with treating him with contempt.

For someone who's determined not to make a decision out of fear, you're making this decision out of fear. Fear that someone better WILL come along, and you won't be able to snag him if you're tied down to this guy.

If you're going to bail on this guy because of your baggage, then he deserves being told, in person, to his face. Unless he has done something that earns contempt, he deserves to be treated with respect. You're dumping him because of your faults, not his. Your mother taught you better.

Last edited by RockJock1729; 07-31-2011 at 06:43 PM.. Reason: spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships