Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 11:51 AM

3,226 posts, read 6,644,273 times

Advertisements

APPROACH AND ASK OUT A GUY!

Seriously, there's nothing wrong with taking the intuitive! In fact, I think its easier for women to approach the man they want then men approaching women. Women can just simply break the ice easier and read men much better then us men read women, so they know when a guy is attracted to them. Us men in the other hand (most of us), can be so stupid and oblivious to how women may feel about us.

For example, I made a thread a while back but I don't remember what the title of the thread was but the topic was similar to this but more about my cousin not wanting to approach this guy she liked because she felt that it wasn't a womens job to approach a guy in ANY way. We argued since then about this stupid idea in her head on way she thinks women can't ask guys out. We debated to no end on this but finally, she figured she'll take my advice.

So, to make a long story short, her and the guy she met at the college have gotten to know one another but he was very shy but she felt that he was attracted to her. This whole time he just thought (from what she told me) that she just liked him as a friend. She really liked him and got tired of waiting for him to ask her out so she finally listened and did the rare thing by asking the guy out. In the end, things worked out well and they are now an item.

He takes more intiative now in terms of dating and all that but she agree's that it wasn't so bad to ask a guy out.

So all I am saying to you women is; if there's a guy you really want, don't fret, go for it!! There's nothing wrong with women approaching men and like I mentioned, its even easier for women!

Not to say us men will never make a move but c'mon, more so than not most of us men suck at approaching women, correct?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2011, 11:59 AM

10,349 posts, read 13,978,530 times
I agree. It is 2011, traditional gender roles should have gone by the wayside by now!

Old 08-01-2011, 12:06 PM

31,086 posts, read 22,139,308 times
Yeah, come on women! When you see LS Jaun at Star Bucks, just tap me on the shoulder and ask if I'm free tonight. May or may not turn into Romance but I'm a great date and I pick up the tab

Old 08-01-2011, 12:08 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,150,200 times
I definitely agree! If I see someone I'm interested in talking to, I'll go up to him instead of hoping that he'll talk to ME first.

Old 08-01-2011, 12:22 PM

946 posts, read 2,920,146 times
I agree with the approaching part, but I think the rest should be left to the man. The truth of the matter is that a guy who is interested in a girl WILL ask her out if there's enough sign that she's interested as well. A girl can approach, flirt, send him obvious signs that she likes him, etc., but if at that point the guy still won't ask her out, he's not interested. It's pretty simple. But if a woman has the courage to ask a guy out, more power to her. Just not my thing.

Old 08-01-2011, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Yeah, come on women! When you see LS Jaun at Star Bucks, just tap me on the shoulder and ask if I'm free tonight. May or may not turn into Romance but I'm a great date and I pick up the tab

I guarantee, for us men, we'll more than likely be more than fine with that too! Since we're generally not as guarded as (most)women when it comes to being approach in a more sexual/romantic manner we're open to it. Women on the other hand, are more understandbly guarded because a lot of guys are just looking for (to quote Lauren Hill)"that thing".

Old 08-01-2011, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I definitely agree! If I see someone I'm interested in talking to, I'll go up to him instead of hoping that he'll talk to ME first.
I'm glad you're not one of those "traditional" women.

Old 08-01-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilamx View Post
I agree with the approaching part, but I think the rest should be left to the man. The truth of the matter is that a guy who is interested in a girl WILL ask her out if there's enough sign that she's interested as well. A girl can approach, flirt, send him obvious signs that she likes him, etc., but if at that point the guy still won't ask her out, he's not interested. It's pretty simple. But if a woman has the courage to ask a guy out, more power to her. Just not my thing.

I don't know, the whole "leave it to a man" thing is just so silly to me. It makes me think that women like that believe they are "too good" to ask a guy out. I'm obviously not saying it should be left to the lady, not that I am implying that (nor am I saying you are implying that) but I think there's nothing wrong with a lady taking initiative. To me, its about being 50/50.

Old 08-01-2011, 12:33 PM

31,086 posts, read 22,139,308 times
It can be awkward if she asks you out and you respond with "I'm taken response"

I almost never ask anyone out that I don't know in some way. But when I have Ive gotten the "are you talking to me?" bewildered look when I have cold called. Only slightly awkward

Old 08-01-2011, 12:36 PM

946 posts, read 2,920,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
I don't know, the whole "leave it to a man" thing is just so silly to me. It makes me think that women like that believe they are "too good" to ask a guy out. I'm obviously not saying it should be left to the lady, not that I am implying that (nor am I saying you are implying that) but I think there's nothing wrong with a lady taking initiative. To me, its about being 50/50.
I've approached men before, and I encourage women to do it also. A lot of men are either shy or clueless when it comes to approaching girls, so I think more women should take that initiative as well. But, if after approaching him, flirting with him, and sending him obvious signs that she's into him, he's still not asking her out or wanting to get to know her more, it's apparent he's not interested. A guy can't expect the girl to do ALL the work. That's what I mean by "leaving it to the man". Meet halfway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships