Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 02:28 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,066,633 times

Advertisements

Look around at the couples in this country. Their appearance. Their education. People of all shapes, sizes, education, income, and background are in relationships. Nobody is "too unattractive" "not educated enough" or "not well enough endowed."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2011, 03:17 PM

2,618 posts, read 6,172,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
So, now is the time to self improve. Get some education, gain some skills. Go out and travel, become interesting.

If your unit is small there is surgery for that now.
Girls don't care about that either.

Just be a douche to them, it's worth a shot.

Disclaimer: I'm not referring that I personally am a douche to women, I treat women probably better than I should, I'm simply advising the OP to try it.

Old 08-08-2011, 03:20 PM

859 posts, read 2,833,200 times
First and foremost, having a steady GF is not all it's cracked up to be. They generally take any and all your time. You can pretty much kiss your freedom goodbye.

Now with that being said there are obvious pluses like the companionship and sex. If there is one thing I have learned in dating the last 20 yrs it's that there is someone out there for you and no matter how unlikely it seems you will find a person and have a long relationship.

When I was younger I was an odd kid. I was a red head with freckles and buck teeth. I couldn't dress and I had a poor sense of humor. Guess what... I still found girls to date all through high school. After HS I grew up a little. Still looked funny but I started to become more of a man. It wasn't until I was in my late 20's that I realized what women are looking for and I will tell you that it isn't physical appearance. You see I'm still just average looking but I have confidence and a personality. Some say I have "presents" and I'll be the first to tell you that it's all in your attitude and how you carry yourself.

Feeling sorry for yourself is a sign of an insecure man. Comparing yourself to other men is a sign of an insecure man. Look deep within yourself. Take some time to work on yourself. Get a hobby, join a gym, learn a language. Do whatever it takes to make you feel more secure with yourself. Don't worry about anyone else. Pretty soon it will be other guys comparing themselves to you... Women comparing you to their guys etc.

It's all in your attitude toward yourself.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:23 PM

37,721 posts, read 46,178,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
There is no reason for a girl to want to be in a relationship with me when there are millions of men out there that are more attractive, more educated and more well-endowed. I just dont see the point in even trying anymore.
Yeah with that attitude, I don't see the point either.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:31 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,429,673 times
Get a dog. Grow a beard. Move to Montana.

Old 08-09-2011, 07:18 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,066,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johna01374 View Post
First and foremost, having a steady GF is not all it's cracked up to be. They generally take any and all your time. You can pretty much kiss your freedom goodbye.
If this is the predominant feeling in a relationship, it isn't a healthy relationship.

Any relationship should create excitement and energy to spend time with your significant other. Not feelings that it is burning away your time, that you would have wanted to use elsewhere.

Yes, being in a committed relationship relinquishes some freedom and independance. However, if it feels confining or imprisoning, then it is not a good relationship. They do not feel that way when they are right!

Old 08-09-2011, 07:39 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,290,201 times
Quote:
There is no reason for a girl to want to be in a relationship with me when there are millions of men out there that are more attractive, more educated and more well-endowed. I just dont see the point in even trying anymore.
You're probably right. Serious dating can be competitive.

Old 08-09-2011, 07:48 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,395,091 times
Quote:
If you truly do feel this way, then date date.

I dated a guy with seriously low self esteem like this and no matter what, He never thought he was good enough or that he deserved me. In the end, he pretty much convinced me he was right and that I was wasting my time.

If you have nothing to offer a women, hang it up and focus on other things. Don't waste anyone's time.

Old 08-09-2011, 07:53 AM

859 posts, read 2,833,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
If this is the predominant feeling in a relationship, it isn't a healthy relationship.

Any relationship should create excitement and energy to spend time with your significant other. Not feelings that it is burning away your time, that you would have wanted to use elsewhere.

Yes, being in a committed relationship relinquishes some freedom and independence. However, if it feels confining or imprisoning, then it is not a good relationship. They do not feel that way when they are right!

I agree with every word you said. When i replied I had a feeling the OP was a younger guy. Maybe in his early to mid 20's. Having gone through that stage already I'm familiar with the types of relationships. They are typically confining as neither person is confident and they tend to suffocate the other person.

My opinion is little emphasis should be placed on relationships of young people. Until you're in your 30's there are much more important things to worry about..

OP.. If i'm wrong and you are not a young man please forgive my assumption.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:27 AM

1,022 posts, read 2,557,464 times
Quote:
First off, stop feeling sorry for yourself. This alone is a complete turn-off. Secondly, you should stop placing so much value on being in a relationship. Instead, your primary goal should be making friends, and if anything more comes of that, great. Those who go into every interaction with the expectation of a relationship usually find themselves very disappointed and completely miss the benefits of friendships.

Lastly, aside from feeling sorry for yourself, you need to get over yourself. Assuming you masquerade your self pity as humility amongst the women, you probably feel entitled to something. Rid yourself of these nasty attributes and you will be a much stronger prospect to the opposite sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships