Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2011, 06:02 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,945 times

Advertisements

I will have to say I still think men in general have more realistic standards than women....on average. Also when I say this I'm speaking of the women in our country, in 2011. Most men do go for looks to a degree..I know I do but I definitely don't expect anything above a 6. One thing a lot of women get bitter about is the weight issue some guys like me are not attracted to overweight women at all. I see women out on the bike trail all the time exercising so if they can do it anyone can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 08:53 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,571,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
Their words were "be a dck"
That's funny, since you already are to begin with.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:58 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
Has this thread became a name calling thread?

You...Got foul breath!

Old 08-23-2011, 10:09 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post

You...Got foul breath!
Who you talking to bug breath?!

Old 08-28-2011, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Who you talking to bug breath?!
Bugs leave a nice after breath!

Plus I do chew on mint leaves!

What're you talkin' about twinkle toes?!

Old 08-28-2011, 01:40 PM

4 posts, read 5,259 times
I think that there is a mindset that an unattractive man can get an attractive women.

Look at comedy sitcom, fat overweight guy with a hot women. That is the standard.

As I guy, I think it can work both ways.

Also there really seems to be no in between for women. they seem to either be in the 7-10 range or 3-4 range.

Where is my 5, that cool nerdy chicky with maybe a couple extra pounds but far from overwight. I'll take a gap in the teeth or some other flaw, hooked nose(which actually I find sexy). So long as mentally she is a 7-10. She is funny, and nice, and great to talk to.

Old 08-28-2011, 01:47 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Bugs leave a nice after breath!

Plus I do chew on mint leaves!

What're you talkin' about twinkle toes?!
Haha! I was out on a job site yesterday, and broke into a little dance, one of the guys referred to it as a fairy dance. So you're comment is REALLY appropriate.

Old 08-28-2011, 01:50 PM

415 posts, read 615,762 times
My whole point with this thread is unrealistic standards. Allow me to elaborate further.

I started working out for health reasons. Did not like where my health was going. At 24, I had enough brain matter (this was before I worked out) and common sense to know that I offered almost nothing to a man who was a 10, because I did not work out and I did not like meeting people. A social butterfly I was not. And I was very overweight (technically obese) at that time. Most of the men I've met who are 10's slave away at a gym or they are very outdoorsy. If they are not one of those two, then they are thin and well built because they work outside for a living (such as in construction building houses). But these men do something to keep the beer gut away, and I'm going to assume that it takes time and effort to do so. It also takes effort for a man to learn how to dress well, read books regularly and remain cultured, and all the characteristics that make a man a 10. Only part of it, IMHO, is genetic. I had enough common sense, at that age, to realize that a man like that is not going to want to date someone who would freak out about bugs while hiking, hates sleeping in a tent, and refuses to deny self excessive quantities of Twinkies to get thinner. Why would a man who works out regularly want to be with a woman who cannot go out for a leisurely stroll at night with the dog without passing out (and yes, I've met people of both genders who cannot walk longer than a mile)? What would such a woman offer to a man who is a 10? Intellect?

So...on the flip side...why is it okay for a man to chase a woman who is a 10 if he is average? Because I'm here to tell you, that being a 10 for a woman is also only partly genetic. Chances are, if that woman is over 18, she slaves away in a gym or does some sort of outdoor activity to stay thin enough to where men find her attractive. If not, she'll probably balloon out in her 30's when her metabolism slows down. Women are not any more genetically inclined to a perfect hip ratio and/or flat stomach any more than men are. And in addition, she must look great-- a hippie that is thin is gross, because she doesn't shave, for instance, so a woman must invest in makeup and hair products, and hair cuts, and pedicures, and nice clothing that doesn't look like it came from Wally World, but must also be careful not to look like a s*** or high maintenance. And she must have brains and be cultured in addition to being hot. So...why would a woman who is a 10 want to date a man who is not? What does he offer her? Unless he's rich and can afford to buy her Hermes handbags until he dies, not much.

I don't get why this concept is so hard for people to learn. Even my parents generation doesn't get why my generation and the one before it (Gen X) have their heads so far in their clouds when it comes to the opposite sex. And people's heads are very, very far up in the clouds.

As I've been working out, I've seen the point of view of those who also work out who won't settle a lot more. I mean, what is a sedentary guy who never goes outdoors going to offer me? Acid reflux and obesity? No thanks, I'll pass.

Quote:

You...Got foul breath!
Quit making me laugh!

Old 08-28-2011, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Haha! I was out on a job site yesterday, and broke into a little dance, one of the guys referred to it as a fairy dance. So you're comment is REALLY appropriate.

I know what I'm talking about most of the time, even if I don't know what I"m talking about!

Old 08-28-2011, 01:58 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,182,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
Most men are realistic. Most don't expect to get the Maxim model. The majority of women from what I've seen think they deserve the highly desirable male and have no problem sharing him. Men don't fight over a woman like women do over a man.
In addition.........most guys that I know don't go after women for the purpose of hoping that their friends approve of them. I think a lot of women give a damn about what their friends think about the person they are involved with.

Last edited by Ron.; 08-28-2011 at 03:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships