Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 05:17 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
"Alphaness," if there's such a word, is determined by the strength of women's attraction to a man. If hot women are attracted to him, then he's alpha.

I hate these labels alpha beta etc that to me are overanalyzed and bs but doesnt the definiton of alpha have more to do with personality and having an agressive attitude be the leader of a pack or social circle and leadership skills etc?

By defintion a laid back dude who gets hot women isnt an alpha,i never heard alpha being used as just somebody who gets good looking women
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 05:21 PM

48,533 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Then, take the alpha guy at your club in DC. He has all the bling, gelled hair, muscle shirt, plays the girls, does the peacocking, and is a happy guy. Take him from that DC club and place him at a Dropkick Murphys show. He'd get laughed out (if not worse) and is reduced from alpha to beta. Take the guy from the Murphys show (thinking of my ex). He has his dreads, he's an excellent musician (an alpha in his world), he's hot, etc, and put him in the after dinner party following a scientific conference. He wouldn't even be let in, but if he were he would be deemed a pariah. He'd go from alpha to beta.

Reduced from Alpha to Bits? (I have no one idea why that cracked me up so much)

As ususal, you raise very valid points, and I always enjoy your posts.

Old 09-08-2011, 06:08 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,856,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
By defintion a laid back dude who gets hot women isnt an alpha, I never heard alpha being used as just somebody who gets good looking women
When it comes to getting hot women, that is the main way to define an an alpha type.

Men can be alpha in other spheres and not be an alpha with women but there is usually a high correlation if that sphere involves lots of money. Perhaps alpha sumo wrestlers might be excepted. However I expect to see a picture proving me wrong in 24 hours.

Old 09-08-2011, 06:14 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
When it comes to getting hot women, that is the main way to define an an alpha type.

Men can be alpha in other spheres and not be an alpha with women but there is usually a high correlation if that sphere involves lots of money. Perhaps alpha sumo wrestlers might be excepted. However I expect to see a picture proving me wrong in 24 hours.
Alphas are agressive and outgoing and not passive or shy so they are usually decnet with women in that respect but i alway thought alpha meant more ageessive pernsonality leader type and gettign women was just apart of having that type of personality not solely how it was defined..

An ugly 350 lb "alpha" will not get many women unless hes very rich

Old 09-08-2011, 06:16 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
I'll help you right now!

It’s true, sumo wrestlers score hot girls

Old 09-08-2011, 06:23 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Reduced from Alpha to Bits? (I have no one idea why that cracked me up so much)
Yep, at a punk show that might be the case.

Old 09-08-2011, 06:46 PM

48,533 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:

I went to dinner once with Konishki (sp?) and he had a hot little Japanese number that literally had to be less than a third of his weight. Did I beat the time limit?!!

I did - not not Sierra!!!!

Old 09-08-2011, 06:50 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I went to dinner once with Konishki (sp?) and he had a hot little Japanese number that literally had to be less than a third of his weight. Did I beat the time limit?!!

I did - not not Sierra!!!!
Oh, well...

Old 09-08-2011, 06:53 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,725,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I think it bothers folk because not everybody can relate. I do agree that an alpha can be depicted by being wanted by hot women, but it's very specific. Your post has me thinking a bit more, and this will further blur the alpha/beta line. It's back to water seeking it's own level. A guy can be an alpha in one scene, but not necessarily another. This goes back to the experiment Freedom and I were interested in doing (can't remember if it was this thread).

So, you have a man that attracts women at the local dive bar. He's a big fish in a small pond. He sports his leather jacket and plays pool well. He's a tough guy and the local female bar flies are on him like shyte. Put him in a club in your neck of the woods (DC) and he probably wouldn't fare very well. He will be ignored and if he bothers the ladies (providing the door guy lets him), he'll get bounced out. He will go from alpha to beta.

Then, take the alpha guy at your club in DC. He has all the bling, gelled hair, muscle shirt, plays the girls, does the peacocking, and is a happy guy. Take him from that DC club and place him at a Dropkick Murphys show. He'd get laughed out (if not worse) and is reduced from alpha to beta. Take the guy from the Murphys show (thinking of my ex). He has his dreads, he's an excellent musician (an alpha in his world), he's hot, etc, and put him in the after dinner party following a scientific conference. He wouldn't even be let in, but if he were he would be deemed a pariah. He'd go from alpha to beta.

Any how, there are dozens of scenarios we can come up with where a man would be deemed both an alpha and a beta depending on the context. It's the context that is typically ignored in this forum. I can only assume this is due to a lack of life experience and clearly age doesn't necessarily bring it.
Agreed.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:25 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,856,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
My wish was your command.

Few North Americans really understand the Japanese. I thought that karaoke would never catch on. So far, we only seem to be able to resist Pachinko!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships