Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 01:05 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilamx View Post
I agree. Doctors are not stupid, they know what's at stake. Maybe some patients might mistakenly (or wishfully) think they're being flirted with, but I doubt it's the case.
I have a family member who is a doctor and it's shameful the way some female patients throw themselves at him!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2011, 01:09 PM

946 posts, read 2,919,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I have a family member who is a doctor and it's shameful the way some female patients throw themselves at him!
I've seen quite a few gorgeous male doctors, but I always end up with the older, less attractive ones lol. Maybe it's better that way. I couldn't imagine myself being completely naked in front of them .

Old 09-10-2011, 01:19 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Absolutely not. That would be a huge breach of ethics on the doctor's part, and a risk to his license. When I'm with a male doctor, I don't really give off the vibe that I'm open to a flirtation.

I'm sure it still happens.

I once had a young, cute male doctor. I immediately switched, made me HORRIBLY uncomfortable!

Old 09-10-2011, 01:22 PM

732 posts, read 1,046,645 times
OP, why did you bring up this subject? Did a doctor behave inappropriately to you?

Has this ever happened to a woman? Of course. Is it common? I seriously doubt it.

A doctor who would do this is someone who likely has serious emotional/psychological issues and this is certainly a possibility in any profession. Believe it or not, women can also be guilty of this behavior although usually its female teachers taking advantage of their students.

If a doctor, male or female, behaves improperly to a patient during an exam, certainly there should be repercussions. However, one should be VERY certain before filing formal complaints because this is nothing to take lightly. A person's career could be ruined. Considering a doctor typically spends a dozen or so very expensive years of education to practice medicine, he/she is not likely to jeopardize it for some cheap thrills. Again, it would likely be a person with personality disorders who would do such a thing.

Also, what would a person consider to be "crossing the boundaries"? If your personal doctor, who always behaved appropriately, politely invited you to coffee, is this crossing the line? Some may consider it to be. If a doctor, who had been counseling you on weight loss, commented that you looked so much better since you had lost 30 lbs, would this be considered crossing the line? Some may think so.

If you, or anyone you know, has very strong cause to believe your doctor was out-of-line, certainly pursue it. Otherwise, think long and hard before slinging accusations that can ruin a life.

Old 09-10-2011, 02:12 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,468,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Absolutely not. That would be a huge breach of ethics on the doctor's part, and a risk to his license. When I'm with a male doctor, I don't really give off the vibe that I'm open to a flirtation.

I'm sure it still happens.

I once had a young, cute male doctor. I immediately switched, made me HORRIBLY uncomfortable!
Lol. I don't think doctors are stupid enough to let it go anywhere for the most part, but I wouldn't be surprised if many doctors (regardless of sex) do dabble in some occasional subtle flirtation.

The gynecologist I mentioned earlier kept telling me I could call him by his first name and gave me way too much help and so that's what led me to believe he was just enjoying a little flirtation or something. It's not like I think he was going to actually "make a move." He also gave me his email address and called me for a follow-up even though there was nothing wrong with me.

Old 09-10-2011, 04:30 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,692,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annestr View Post
[SIZE=3]This is a very common experience[/SIZE]

Old 09-10-2011, 04:33 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I doubt it's a common experience. To most doctors their licenses are worth waaaayyy more than stupid flirts and flings.

That was my gut thought when I first read this thread.......

Ridiculous to risk a 6 figure education and yrs and yrs time for a little grab a@@......

Old 09-10-2011, 04:36 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,028,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

Ridiculous to risk a 6 figure education and yrs and yrs time for a little grab a@@......

+1 i concur

Old 09-10-2011, 04:56 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,013,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I doubt it's a common experience. To most doctors their licenses are worth waaaayyy more than stupid flirts and flings.
This. Med school is by all accounts a mofo and you need to be both bright and driven to get that paper. Something which will bring women anyways without putting at jeopardy what amounts to a license to print money. Common seems very unlikely to me.

Old 09-10-2011, 05:09 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,677,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

Yes, I agree. Too bad! HA~

I went to the dentist not long ago, and I was SHOCKED what was sitting out in the waiting room. She was definetly dressed NOT to have her TEETH looked at!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships