Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2018, 06:57 PM

281 posts, read 247,232 times

Advertisements

1. How long did you know him/her before he/she asked you out or being asked out?
2. What did you do? Where did you go?
3. What conversation do you have?
4. What do you remember most?
5. Were you nervous? What did you do to be less nervous?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2018, 07:25 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,957,396 times
1. We met at a dance and I asked her out for the following Saturday.
2. We went to a very nice restaurant.
3. Don't recall what we talked about at dinner.
4. Making out in the car at the end of the date.
5. Was nervous before the date but didn't do anything about it. Relaxed as the evening
progressed.

Old 06-10-2018, 07:48 PM

11,159 posts, read 7,957,639 times
1. I knew him back in college ( best friend of my brother).

2. We went to a Dodger baseball game.

3. We talked about back when we were in college, family, his work, and future plans.

4. I remember that he didn't pay me much attention back then. Lol
( on the date I can pretty much remember his every word.) lol

5. I was a little nervous because my brother had already given me the heads up that he was
Going to ask me to date him exclusively. I didn't do anything to alleviate the nerves as the
More we talked the more at ease I felt. He never did ask to be exclusive... that night. DOH!

Old 06-10-2018, 08:00 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,827,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat85 View Post
1. How long did you know him/her before he/she asked you out or being asked out?
1. Met online
2. Went for drinks at a Mexican restaurant
3. We stayed for around 6 hours and talked about everything
4. He was funny and smart
5. Yes, but remembered that he probably was too.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-11-2018, 01:43 PM

203 posts, read 141,958 times
Quote:
1. 2 weeks texting and talking over phone.
2 Japanese restaurant ate Sushi for the first time
3. About normal things, interests, hobbies
4. He said he likes us to celebrate our birthday in a couple months together, that was too soon but I like he was thinking this much about our future.
5. I was nervous, Just tried to be myself and act normal.

Old 06-11-2018, 02:08 PM

20,378 posts, read 14,647,504 times
Quote:
Is this regarding our present partners? I'm answering it as such.

1. He messaged me online, and it was I think about a week, to an event at a bar that I was planning to attend, where he came and found me inside, and we ended up spending the evening together.

2. Front patio of what was then a gay bar, called the Underground, in downtown Colorado Springs. Cool place, less cool since new management unfortunately. They were host to a monthly get together for a social group we are both part of. We sat out front and chatted for hours.

3. I can't remember all of it, I imagine we covered my extensive involvement with a certain metal band and their fanbase over the years, and we talked about Buddhist philosophy and how he got into that, and about how both of us had found our way to the community and what we were getting out of it, and hoping to get out of it...lots of stuff. Also he summarized a saying, "If you meet the Buddha on the road, kill him." I remember that I didn't really understand what he was talking about at the time, but I've read and contemplated it since and it makes more sense now. Won't explain here, it's on Google anyways.

4. At one point, a funny thing happened. They were having a drag show inside, and partway through it, the fire alarm went off. All of the bar patrons, staff, and performers, had to come out and stand on the sidewalk. Some of the performers were finished with their sets, and were halfway out of drag at that point. I remember a very tall person with a glitter beard and body shaping beige underwear... And of course the Leather people. Quite a scene. Then the fire truck showed up, and the firemen had to get through this craziness to clear the building...lots of catcalls going on...but I think the guys had a good sense of humor about it. Pretty memorable.

5. Not really. At that point, we were not meeting with the pressure of a "first date" hanging over us, just interested parties touching base at a social gathering. He did not expect that we would become sex partners, let alone a longterm committed relationship. I felt like maybe I'd be willing to give him a shot, but my expectations weren't intense...kind of "might be fun/interesting, why not?" Love came as a delightful surprise to us both.

We will celebrate 3 years this fall.

Old 06-11-2018, 10:48 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,230,068 times
First EVER date? Sure, but this is ancient history. I was 16, she was 14. 1962.

Quote:
I didn't really know her. I'd see her downtown with her friends now and then. She'd flirt without saying anything. I was the "older gentleman;" she was the kid. I thought she was a cute kid but didn't really flirt back. She was too young for me.

Quote:
She stopped me in the high school hallway to ask me to a Sadie Hawkins Day hayride that her 4-H Club was hosting -- a hay wagon with a few bales of hay, pulled by a tractor over country roads.

Quote:
All I remember was her telling me how mean her parents were and how dumb her (younger) brothers were. That, and that we'd gotten onto the wagon with all the make-out artists. *shrug* I didn't know. It was my first date!

Quote:
I pulled the car over for a minute to give her a kiss on the way back into town. She seemed okay with that, so I drove another mile and pulled up next to a creek and parked. More kissing.

Quote:
Nope. I was too shy to ask girls who I had secret crushes on for dates, but I didn't have a crush on her, so not nervous at all.

We were married four years later, had two children. She didn't love me much and it showed, so I filed for divorce after 26 years, after our kids had moved away to college.

Old 06-11-2018, 10:59 PM

777 posts, read 452,394 times
Quote:
We had chatted a little for a couple days on POF

Quote:
Agreed to first meeting at a certain ubiquitous coffee chain

Quote:
Funny thing is, he was such a chatterbox that first meeting, it was kind of hard for me to get a word in edgewise.... but it wasn't boring.

Quote:
Feeling like it was a good sign that he was reading a book by an author I liked.

Quote:
See above re: him being a chatterbox. It could have been really annoying, but in a way, it took the pressure off me. Before he asked me out again, he said he knew he talked too much, because he was nervous, which I found kind of flattering and endearing.

So... kind of boring maybe. But we got really comfortable with each other quickly after that. Our second meeting, first actual "date" - could have been considered a bust, because the event he was interested in wasn't really all that - but we walked and talked, grabbed lunch, and got to know each other a little better.

Sometimes the first or even the second date isn't where all the sparks fly. You just gradually find these points of commonality as you talk, and realize you're a good fit for each other.

It was less than two weeks before the OLD profiles were down and we agreed not to date anyone else. It's been about 9 months now, and there's serious talk of living together at some point after the year mark. Just because we got exclusive quickly didn't mean we were rushing into a forever commitment. Looks like it's headed that way now though.

Old 06-12-2018, 02:16 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,927,960 times
1. How long did you know him/her before he/she asked you out or being asked out? Like 5 minutes. We kinda knew each other before this, but not all that well. I guess I should say we had met before, but didn't really know each other.

2. What did you do? Where did you go? I got invited to a party, which I usually don't do, because I don't drink at all. But I figured, what the hell, right? I went with someone else, who kind of ditched me once we got there. Now I knew she was going to be there, as earlier in the day she had told me she was going to this party too and we did a ''I'll see you there!'' type of thing. So, I figured I wasn't gonna see her and was ready to leave. I finally ran into her. I had a good feeling when I saw her that I was winning that day, as my luck usually runs where I wouldn't have seen her. She told the girls she was there with that she'd see them later and we took off together. Took a little walk and sat in a park together. We talked for a few hours, and it's in the AM hours by this point. I think it was a couple hours in when I finally kissed her, to which she later said she didn't think I was gonna kiss her and it was annoying her. I walked her home, as she lived in walking distance from the party we attended and the park, then we saw each other the next day (or it was later that day) and spent the entire day together.

3. What conversation do you have? During the date? Pretty much everything in those few hours. I was pretty much able to rattle off almost any useful or useless fact about her and I think she could do the same.

4. What do you remember most? I remember the kiss. I was afraid she wasn't gonna kiss me back. I still remember what she tasted like (fortunately not cigarettes, as she was still a smoker at this time), what she smelled like and how our tongues felt against one another. How her hands and arm felt. How her knee and legs felt bumping up against mine. We both had shorts on and I remember having an itch from a mosquito bite on my ankle area and her itching it for me with her foot, which was kind of cute.

5. Were you nervous? What did you do to be less nervous? Really nervous. Like I gotta take a crap nervous! I kissed her and that calmed the nerves. I figured that I would get my answer. If I didn't get the kiss? I'd feel pretty bummed, but at least the nerves would have been gone. If I did get the kiss? no more nerves and no bummed feeling, either! Luckily, that's what happened!

Old 06-12-2018, 02:52 AM

23,688 posts, read 9,375,514 times
Quote:
This is for my first date ever which was in the 2000's.I was in high school
1. I went with 3 girls on my first date ever.I knew 2 from early childhood and one from my junior high years

2. went to a high society ball put on by millionaire billionaire socialite families.went to one of the fanciest eateries in town.
3.idk
4. having to wear a tux for the first time
5.. Not too nervous a little.Prayed.

Last edited by C24L; 06-12-2018 at 03:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships