Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 06:08 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,868,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer View Post
So the girl I've been seeing for about two months has asked me to lose some weight. I met her at the gym and she knows I do powerlifting; aesthetics really aren't much of a concern to me beyond a certain point. I'm 5'11" and around 210, probably 13% bodyfat. Essentially she wants to "see my abs"; I've never had abs and don't care about it. The one time I did lean out, I felt very weak and lacked energy. I eat extremely well, exercise twice daily and have never been told I'm fat. This is the first time anyone has ever said anything of the sort to me, and it's a bit disturbing. The girl is a professional fitness model, so I understand where she's coming from. After some thought, I contemplated taking steroids to maintain my strength but get to sub-10% bf. An alternative would be going on a severe cut, at the expense of a few goals (weightlifting PRs).

How do you think I should approach this? We have something going here, I'd rather continue it if I can.
13% BF is very good. You should be seeing traces of six pack on there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 06:12 PM

52,426 posts, read 52,959,918 times
I'm sorta surprised that this thread has divulge into nutrition and work out tips.

The real issue is why in the world is this dude entertaining the notion of her request.

Its' not like they've been together forever and he's some fat slob.

He's in good shape, she just wants a "six pack" on the guy.

Jeez.... let's focus here people.

Old 10-04-2011, 06:15 PM

19,815 posts, read 20,420,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

He should probably just make it a 12-pack and call it Miller Time

Old 10-04-2011, 06:17 PM

769 posts, read 1,009,956 times
Personally, I'd tell her to shove it and move on with your life. Don't you want someone to like you for you and not because you have a six-pack? That's beyond shallow. Plus, it's not like you're out of shape, so she's not telling you because she wants you to be healthier. She's doing it for herself. Like I said, dump her.

Just my $0.02. Good Luck!

Old 10-04-2011, 06:19 PM

257 posts, read 610,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer View Post
Essentially she wants to "see my abs"; I've never had abs and don't care about it. .
How about a pic of just your abs and then we'll tell you what WE think?

Old 10-04-2011, 06:20 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,122,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashion Girl View Post
How about a pic of just your abs and then we'll tell you what WE think?
I second that.

Old 10-04-2011, 06:23 PM

19,018 posts, read 25,254,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerz View Post
i second that.
+2-3?

Old 10-04-2011, 06:55 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,225,112 times
Unless the OP has gained a bunch of weight I don't see why she would ask this now. I'm of the belief that attempting to "change" a significant other is pretty futile and not healthy for the relationship.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:03 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,775,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm sorta surprised that this thread has divulge into nutrition and work out tips.

The real issue is why in the world is this dude entertaining the notion of her request.

Its' not like they've been together forever and he's some fat slob.

Jeez.... let's focus here people.
Bah, who cares whether she's at fault or not. He's the sort of guy who publicly disses women on forums and therefore deserves nothing but scorn and snide comments.

I hope his 'girlfriend' figures out what kind of a misogynist creep he really is and dumps him. Although making him suffer the indignity of being called a fat a** is kind of satisfying in itself.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:19 PM

48,647 posts, read 35,142,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Bah, who cares whether she's at fault or not. He's the sort of guy who publicly disses women on forums and therefore deserves nothing but scorn and snide comments.

I hope his 'girlfriend' figures out what kind of a misogynist creep he really is and dumps him. Although making him suffer the indignity of being called a fat a** is kind of satisfying in itself.
So he dates women like this and then blames women in general?

I can't believe some create their own reality... and then complain about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships