Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 06:25 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,035,280 times

Advertisements

For the purpose of this thread (and to enlighten me, LOL), let's try to talk about male bitterness towards women. (although we could go the other way sometimes, as well, variety is the spice of life & it could add to the conversation)

What sort of bitterness, you ask? The sort that comes from repeatedly trying to build something with a girl and repeatedly failing. Whether it's the fact that she wants to be friends without telling you that in the first place & wasting your time, or standing you up or repeatedly changing first dates, etc. Repeated lack of success can really wear down on a guy. (& a girl as well, I imagine)

This could result in some level of bitterness. Not exactly unsurprising, eh? But what do you guys think of that? Is it fair and expected for someone to become bitter after holding their head up high each & every time & hoping for the best & constantly failing? Or are they bad people for giving in to their emotions & becoming slightly bitter?

And to the girls, how would you recognize the signs of bitterness emanating from a guy? Do you realize that if you liked him, the bitterness could go away? But you wouldn't like him because he's bitter. Such a Catch-22

Anyways, just wondering what you guys think of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 06:33 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,215,202 times
Are you asking this question because you're starting to become bitter.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Are you asking this question because you're starting to become bitter.
I was hoping that would have been self-evident. I've been feeling the stirrings of bitterness for a while now, unfortunately. Can you blame me? Heh.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:40 PM

63 posts, read 155,160 times
It's one of two inevitable outcomes. To settle or to become a bitter cynic.

Do what makes you happy

Old 10-06-2011, 06:55 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,550,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
What sort of bitterness, you ask? The sort that comes from repeatedly trying to build something with a girl and repeatedly failing. Whether it's the fact that she wants to be friends without telling you that in the first place & wasting your time, or standing you up or repeatedly changing first dates, etc. Repeated lack of success can really wear down on a guy. (& a girl as well, I imagine)

I think it's only human to becomes bitter towards the oppersite sex when you've been dumped on so much. The question is how long do you let it eat you up before you rise above it & move on?

Old 10-06-2011, 06:59 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,271,823 times
You're single right? Don't ask me how I can tell...

Old 10-06-2011, 07:00 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,550,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svtray View Post
you're single right? Don't ask me how i can tell...
That would be my guess lol

Old 10-06-2011, 07:22 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,896,481 times
I have come across bitter men. They are the one's that tend to intently "stare into your eyes" while asking you question after question trying to find some "flaw" in you/your answers. They imagine all women are out for freebies and to get over. What bitter men fail to realize is their role in the situation. People reveal who they are long before they cause you damage. Men should not get mad who let their delusions overide their rationality and mind. We all play a role in our theatre shows.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:36 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,192,792 times
You are asking some very difficult questions but they are good to ask yourself. Sorry if I sound preachy.

Quote:
Whether it's the fact that she wants to be friends without telling you that in the first place & wasting your time
The world doesn't work how it *should*. The world is the way it is.

People look out for their interests. Are you? Hoping that somebody will be direct so they don't waste your time is expecting somebody else to look out for your interests.

The thing is, not being direct is how a person can have power over you if you allow it.

Quote:
Do you realize that if you liked him, the bitterness could go away? But you wouldn't like him because he's bitter. Such a Catch-22
Again, you are expecting somebody else to look out for your interest. It is not in your interest to be bitter but you hand over that power to somebody else.

It is okay to be dependent on direct language. Your option is to find a person who also enjoys direct language.

Just to be funny:

Do you like me? Yes or No. Circle one and not the "or."

Old 10-06-2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisan View Post
You are asking some very difficult questions but they are good to ask yourself. Sorry if I sound preachy.

The world doesn't work how it *should*. The world is the way it is.

People look out for their interests. Are you? Hoping that somebody will be direct so they don't waste your time is expecting somebody else to look out for your interests.

The thing is, not being direct is how a person can have power over you if you allow it.

Again, you are expecting somebody else to look out for your interest. It is not in your interest to be bitter but you hand over that power to somebody else.

It is okay to be dependent on direct language. Your option is to find a person who also enjoys direct language.

Just to be funny:

Do you like me? Yes or No. Circle one and not the "or."

LOL @ the last sentence. Now, as to the "people look out for their interests" vein of thought.....why the hell is it that it is in a girl's interest to be FRIENDS with me, but not MORE than friends? I mean, seriously? If you don't want to date me, then why hang out with me at all? Get a freakin' puppy if you want a friend.

Why do girls want guys as friends when they know the guy's attracted to them? Is it an ego stroke BS thing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships