Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 08:01 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,197,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
LOL @ the last sentence. Now, as to the "people look out for their interests" vein of thought.....why the hell is it that it is in a girl's interest to be FRIENDS with me, but not MORE than friends? I mean, seriously? If you don't want to date me, then why hang out with me at all? Get a freakin' puppy if you want a friend.

Why do girls want guys as friends when they know the guy's attracted to them? Is it an ego stroke BS thing?
I think you offered a possible answer to your question. It is okay to wonder but it is best to look out and worry about yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 08:02 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,282,239 times
Quote:
LOL @ the last sentence. Now, as to the "people look out for their interests" vein of thought.....why the hell is it that it is in a girl's interest to be FRIENDS with me, but not MORE than friends? I mean, seriously? If you don't want to date me, then why hang out with me at all? Get a freakin' puppy if you want a friend.

Why do girls want guys as friends when they know the guy's attracted to them? Is it an ego stroke BS thing?
Friend list = palm time

You need to tell them how you feel, if their response is friendship, fine but you need to move on if you're looking for a relationship.

So go PM that girl lol

Old 10-06-2011, 08:07 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,046,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
Friend list = palm time

You need to tell them how you feel, if their response is friendship, fine but you need to move on if you're looking for a relationship.

So go PM that girl lol
Quit it, man! You're so persistent! I should be like you in regards to my dating abilities....

Old 10-06-2011, 08:44 PM

114 posts, read 191,837 times
Quote:
Friend list = palm time

So go PM that girl lol
How long does "palm time" last? Days, weeks, months? Clearly palm time = bitterness and resentment so in effect I'd like to know how long do men resent women who "friend list" them?

Old 10-06-2011, 08:49 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,070,174 times
Male bitterness towards women does exist, but it's nowhere near as bad as female bitterness towards men and that's more tolerated.

I don't believe I'm bitter towards women, though I'll always get some radical criminal or white knight trying to prove me otherwise.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmb View Post
How long does "palm time" last? Days, weeks, months? Clearly palm time = bitterness and resentment so in effect I'd like to know how long do men resent women who "friend list" them?
Who knows?

Palm time doesn't equal bitterness for me.

There isn't anything wrong with being friend's and people shouldn't take things so serious! If a guy is looking for a relationship, he should make his intentions clear. If the woman wants to be friend's, fine but don't hang around her like some love sick puppy dog or bitter person running off potential boy friend's. OMG, I dated a girl who had a guy on the friend list. This guy was over protective and ultra bitter. The guy would follow her around EVERY WHERE! It was freaking weird and extremely annoying!!! It was almost impossible to have any alone time with that chick and she wouldn't say anything about it. I would have my self if not for his dad being a cop. So I dropped her and got reacquainted with my palms. She ended up dating a few other guys over time that I knew and damn if she still didn't have her little love sick puppy!

Old 10-06-2011, 09:33 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,046,008 times
Quote:
Who knows?

There isn't anything wrong with being friend's and people shouldn't take things so serious! If a guy is looking for a relationship, he should make his intentions clear. If the woman wants to be friend's, fine but don't hang around her like some love sick puppy dog or bitter person running off potential boy friend's. OMG, I dated a girl who had a guy on the friend list. This guy was over protective and ultra bitter. The guy would follow her around EVERY WHERE! It was freaking weird and extremely annoying!!! It was almost impossible to have any alone time with that chick and she wouldn't say anything about it. I would have my self if not for his dad being a cop. So I dropped her and got reacquainted with my palms. She ended up dating a few other guys over time that I knew and damn if she still didn't have her little love sick puppy!
That's the saddest image ever. And she's perfectly fine with him being around like that? That, to me, says infinitely more about HER than HIM. And I would NEVER want to be around a "woman" like that.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:37 PM

3,738 posts, read 5,794,343 times
I think the seeds of bitterness start when little boys reach an age where they're smarter than their mommies... But their mommies...and sisters...and teachers treat them like they're stupid beasts. Then, when girlfriends and wives start that same thing... with their words and actions predicated on the unspoken assumption that men are stupid and in need of being 'controlled' and 'guided'... that's probably the root of bitterness toward women.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:39 PM

114 posts, read 191,837 times
Quote:
Who knows?

Your right about being upfront. Its the only way to get the info you need to make a reasonable decision.

BTW Puppy-boys aren't worth the maintenance imo. But once they've attached themselves it's kind of hard to get rid of them.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:39 PM

Quote:
That's the saddest image ever. And she's perfectly fine with him being around like that? That, to me, says infinitely more about HER than HIM. And I would NEVER want to be around a "woman" like that.
That's was many moons ago long before I met my wife. So I'm not sure what ever happened but it was extremely sad to say the least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships