Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 01:13 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,303,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
I was hoping that would have been self-evident. I've been feeling the stirrings of bitterness for a while now, unfortunately. Can you blame me? Heh.
Yes Soviet...I can blame you...sorry....but if you want a long relationship with a woman, you have to get to know her first...sometimes even before (gasp) you have sex....If a woman is disrespecting you by changing date times, or just not showing up...that in it's own should tell you that she's not ready...and rather than be bitter about it...you should see it as a sign that you should move on to another, and not "waste your time" as you so eloquently put it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 01:22 PM

354 posts, read 618,487 times
I have no bitterness towards women, however, i am bitter when it comes to relationships.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:18 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,039,175 times
Well, I've read through all the posts & once again, they were rather illuminating. Much appreciated.

I've heard the argument "if you're repeatedly failing with girls, it's not her; it's you" several times. And here are my thoughts on it.

I've always believed I'm an awesome, amazing person that anyone would be lucky to be with. I'm a selfless friend, but not a doormat. I have friends that I would do anything for and who would do anything for me, not because it's convenient, but because we're true, best friends in the deepest sense of the word. Everyone I meet tells me I'm one of the most awesome, craziest people they've ever met. Everyone has a freaking BLAST with me.

I can accept the argument that perhaps I am trying too hard with girls by not REALLY being myself. I know what my personality is like and it can be overwhelming sometimes, so with girls I try to tone it down a little bit. Perhaps they sense that & they think that I'm faking things & they end things because of that. Maybe, I'm not sure.

1 of the MAIN things that convince me that it ISN'T me is the way the girls have behaved......they just lie. LIE. WTF? I find that extraordinarily disrespectful and hurtful. It's a broken moral compass on their part & I feel as though I dodged a bullet, but it's still so painful to think that someone who seemed so amazing could be so rotten inside.

Not every girl has lied, of course and I will forever respect them for that. But I simply cannot imagine that it's "just me". There has to be someone who will like me.

I'm working on things with this 1 girl, but they're coming along rather slowly. I guess that's for the best. I dunno.

I appreciate your arguments and opinions. They definitely give me something to think about. Thank you.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:33 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,121,778 times
Quote:
Well, I've read through all the posts & once again, they were rather illuminating. Much appreciated.

I've heard the argument "if you're repeatedly failing with girls, it's not her; it's you" several times. And here are my thoughts on it.

I've always believed I'm an awesome, amazing person that anyone would be lucky to be with. I'm a selfless friend, but not a doormat. I have friends that I would do anything for and who would do anything for me, not because it's convenient, but because we're true, best friends in the deepest sense of the word. Everyone I meet tells me I'm one of the most awesome, craziest people they've ever met. Everyone has a freaking BLAST with me.

I can accept the argument that perhaps I am trying too hard with girls by not REALLY being myself. I know what my personality is like and it can be overwhelming sometimes, so with girls I try to tone it down a little bit. Perhaps they sense that & they think that I'm faking things & they end things because of that. Maybe, I'm not sure.

1 of the MAIN things that convince me that it ISN'T me is the way the girls have behaved......they just lie. LIE. WTF? I find that extraordinarily disrespectful and hurtful. It's a broken moral compass on their part & I feel as though I dodged a bullet, but it's still so painful to think that someone who seemed so amazing could be so rotten inside.

Not every girl has lied, of course and I will forever respect them for that. But I simply cannot imagine that it's "just me". There has to be someone who will like me.

I'm working on things with this 1 girl, but they're coming along rather slowly. I guess that's for the best. I dunno.

I appreciate your arguments and opinions. They definitely give me something to think about. Thank you.
Maybe it's both them and you. I mean maybe they're lying because you're coming on a bit strong, or they're not that attracted to you but they don't want to put themselves in an awkward situation/tell you how it is? They may think they're being nice but it's not respectable. I don't think most people would CHOOSE to lie if given the option to be honest and if they were comfortable with being honest, so maybe you have to examine your approach and wonder why they are being dishonest with you. If they are the dishonest type, then why waste anytime on them anyway?

Old 10-07-2011, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Maybe it's both them and you. I mean maybe they're lying because you're coming on a bit strong, or they're not that attracted to you but they don't want to put themselves in an awkward situation/tell you how it is? They may think they're being nice but it's not respectable. I don't think most people would CHOOSE to lie if given the option to be honest and if they were comfortable with being honest, so maybe you have to examine your approach and wonder why they are being dishonest with you. If they are the dishonest type, then why waste anytime on them anyway?
Exactly. I'm not missing out on anything.....I'm just missing out on the person I thought they were. But what someone seems to be and who they really are doesn't always mesh. That's why it takes time to get to know someone.

Le sigh. Maybe I just wear my heart on my sleeve, ha.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:41 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,121,778 times
Quote:
Exactly. I'm not missing out on anything.....I'm just missing out on the person I thought they were. But what someone seems to be and who they really are doesn't always mesh. That's why it takes time to get to know someone.

Le sigh. Maybe I just wear my heart on my sleeve, ha.
Yeah I've met seemingly nice girls who were flaky and phoney. Sometimes you have to watch out for the ones who seem too nice, too enthusiastic...oftentimes the girls who seem a little more inaccessible, closed-off, not obsequiously polite when you first meet them turn out to be the most geniune, honest and caring/loving. Society judges people too much on what they see on the surface; they prefer a bad book with a nice cover to a shabby old tome with some substance to it.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:53 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,862,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
You're single right? Don't ask me how I can tell...
Among the married, only women have the time to post on here. Hubbie is too busy keeping them happy.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:02 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,275,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Among the married, only women have the time to post on here. Hubbie is too busy keeping them happy.
Well, I get a lot of down time at work. So I generally spend it sleeping are watching movies...Thank God for iPad and Netflix

Anyhow, I meant that the OP must be single judging by the types of relationship threads and replies.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
Well, I get a lot of down time at work. So I generally spend it sleeping are watching movies...Thank God for iPad and Netflix

Anyhow, I meant that the OP must be single judging by the types of relationship threads and replies.
Yup, yup. Very much single, but also VERY MUCH working on it!

Old 10-07-2011, 09:17 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,275,679 times
Quote:
Yup, yup. Very much single, but also VERY MUCH working on it!
I was trying to help you out the other night

She actually sounded like a good level headed person to boot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships